Author Topic: anti-capitalism thread  (Read 400294 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: anti-capitalism thread
« Reply #1395 on: June 11, 2018, 03:45:18 PM »
i think the #1 driver of suicide is probably alienation.  alienation from your work, from your fellow people, from basically everything.  i think excess screentime and social media is one of the drivers of it, lack of meaningful face-to-face relationships, and that goes hand in hand with living in a world that i dont think people really believe in anymore, no one buys the myth that you can just go to school graduate go to work buy a house with a white picket fence get married and be happy.  a lot of peolpe probably feel their situation is hopeless but even those that dont, that are doing fine, can be alienated from their lived experience if they find it bullshit.  also mental illness can defy even good situations and bring peolpe down.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 11, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 11, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »
https://reddit.com/r/enoughpetersonspam/

enough content here if you interested in why peterson is a joke.

Thanks Jon.

Gave it a go. A lot of those threads are talking about the actions of "Peterson Fans", or going after his religious infrastructure. The latter is interesting to some extent. There's also some threads taking a lot of what he says out of context, or finding things hes said that are stupid but fundamentally trivial. So far, aside from the arguments against his religious foundation, I haven't run into anything that had much sense to it. I'm sure there's stuff there, just seems to be taking a long time to sort through it all.

Who would you recommend on the other side of the aisle? thanks in advance!
Ive never read or seen anything by peterson so i was never invested enough to read the following, but it's my understanding that this article exposes peterson for not understanding any of the philosophies he cites and being basically a charlatan
https://www.viewpointmag.com/2018/01/23/postmodernism-not-take-place-jordan-petersons-12-rules-life/

i saw someone succinctly describe peterson's appeal as follows:
I think my fav thing about Peterson is his belief that his interactions with men are informed by the implicit threat he'll fight them if they insult him--as if, as a middle-aged professor, male students are even subconsciously afraid that if they're rude to him he'll lunge over his desk at them, get knocked the fuck out in the ensuing brawl, and lose his job-for-life, all to avenge his precious honor.

It's easy to see why he's so popular with the alt-right guys: despite the huge gap between his class and lifestyle and that of most of his fans, he's fundamentally the same aspirational tough guy, constantly trying to process the contradiction between his passive modern existence and his personal fantasy of traditional masculinity.

I've probably watched 10-15+ hrs of Peterson's content myself.

These sources aren't good. They're bias and disingenuous from the start. The first tries to paint him as an alt-right type (simply no evidence for that from what i've seen), and also then misrepresents his stance on gender pronouns. Peterson is not anti-trans or even anti-gender pronouns (or at least there is no evidence that he is), and he isn't battling against gender pronouns, hes against compelled speech laws (Criminal Code 16 or C16, or something in Canada?). This distinction is very important. It just so happens that compelled speech laws are being pushed in regards to gender pronouns. He has stated that if compelled under the force of law to use the pronouns, he would not do that. He is interested in preserving free speech rights, and is afraid of the potential macro consequences if such rights aren't preserved.

As for whether or not he is a Charalatan - I am not sure. I'm not qualified to answer. He certainly has a greater knowledge of Marxism, postmodernism, ect than I do - not saying much...my understandings on the aforementioned is rudimentary.

The quote you provided of someone describing Peterson is just silly. Peterson has talked about an underlying and perhaps subconscious understanding between adult males that there is (always?) a possibility for violence when in verbal disagreement and that this understanding governs how they interact with each other to some degree. This may or may not be true. However, that's not the point.  What is interesting is how the quote misconstrued Peterson's point completely and made it into something else entirely and was just slanderous..

The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 11, 2018, 07:26:27 PM »
yes peterson is an alt-reich mouth piece. the amount of alt-reich dicksuckers who support him is enough proof of that.

and the only thing being misrepresented is the c16 bill by peterson, who stupidly believes it makes it illegal if you don't refer to specific pronouns trans people want you to refer to them as, the fucking man is a lunatic. he's a fucking joke, and the fact he has so much supporters shows how bad capitalism has denigrated society.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:33 PM »
What do ya guys think of Jordan Peterson? He was unknown just a few years ago, and now hes becoming widely popular.

Here's a video of him talking about marxism:
Identity Politics & The Marxist Lie of White Privilege | Dr. Jordan B. Peterson | SNC 2017 - YouTube

There is a lot of content out there of him talking about a wide array of subjects -mostly psychology, politics, socioeconomics, and some of the current popular activism efforts happening all over the US/Canada, etc.

Lol
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: June 11, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »
I've probably watched 10-15+ hrs of Peterson's content myself.

Lol. Lord almighty

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 11, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »
yes peterson is an alt-reich mouth piece. the amount of alt-reich dicksuckers who support him is enough proof of that.

and the only thing being misrepresented is the c16 bill by peterson, who stupidly believes it makes it illegal if you don't refer to specific pronouns trans people want you to refer to them as, the fucking man is a lunatic. he's a fucking joke, and the fact he has so much supporters shows how bad capitalism has denigrated society.

I also don't understand how he came up with his interpretation of c16

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 11, 2018, 07:47:31 PM »
peterson did a pragerU video recently, lmao. this says all you need to know about the fucking idiot clown.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 11, 2018, 08:07:24 PM »
I am curious to what extent C-16 is/will be interpreted/governed and enforced by OHRC. I've heard that OHRC is leaning towards misuse of pronouns probably being discrimination

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 11, 2018, 08:14:16 PM »

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 11, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 11, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »
His voice rofl

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 11, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »
His voice rofl

How can you be this big of a hypocrite?

You are trying to mock and shame someone for something they can't change and were born with.

Really? You're gonna laugh at someone for their voice? While pretending you're not the bully?

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 11, 2018, 09:26:15 PM »
His voice rofl

How can you be this big of a hypocrite?

You are trying to mock and shame someone for something they can't change and were born with.

Really? You're gonna laugh at someone for their voice? While pretending you're not the bully?

I am going to laugh at him, yes.