Author Topic: anti-capitalism thread  (Read 399955 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: anti-capitalism thread
« Reply #1440 on: June 19, 2018, 05:43:33 AM »
"A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt)." -Google search def

You put the word "fix" in quotation marks, implying that homosexual behavior can't or shouldn't be attempted to be fixed.

The implication is also that anyone who tries to "fix" someone out of same sex attraction and into opposite sex attraction which is biologically sensible and normal is doing so out of hate, bigotry, ignorance, "discrimination", or some other perceived evil.

So if I explain plain and simple biological, factual egg and sperm reality when I'm labelled a hateful bigot, why are you unhappy that I should present the truth?

Which part bothers you and why?

Your statement about soapboxing implies that I shouldn't share my views publicly (while everyone else should) which is blatant anti-Christian, anti-conservative, anti-truth, anti-biology, anti-children, anti-family, anti-heterosexual intolerant discriminatory bigotry.

We can always take this private lol. If you're getting hot under the collar.

Oh my .... lol.

I put the word "fix" in quotation marks to indicate that the context of the word is a direct quote from the source material that is being discussed. That is the purpose of quotation marks. They indicate a quote, hence the name. Any further implication is your own and not related to the correct use of punctuation.

Should you have any other confusion regarding punctuation I will be happy to clear that up for you also, or you could try this PUNCTUATION GUIDE.

I asked about the quoted person's opinion on homosexuality, as he was the topic under discussion. In reply you posted 12 paragraphs on your opinion about homosexuality and still never answered the question. As a metaphor this is textbook soapboxing.

The subject under discussion (heavily promoted by yourself) was Mr. Peterson and his opinions. I asked about his opinion on a subject. I did not supply my own. This is on topic. You went on an unsolicited rant about your own opinion. This is soapboxing.

I am not bothered by you expressing your opinion on homosexuality. I am utterly bored by the enormous volume of material that you have already produced on the subject. Everybody here must already be aware of your opinion, there really is no need to repeat yourself any further.

After briefly scanning the first few pages you produced on the subject (some time ago) I formed the opinion that you had absolutely no clue about gay people in reality, and that your opinion consisted almost entirely of repeating verbatim anti-gay material from various religious sources.

To be perfectly frank anyone could come up with the same material simply by googling "why is gayness evil", and you reposting it all here serves no real purpose. 

So yeah, my reference to soapboxing does not at all imply that you should not share your opinion publicly, it implies that you should not bang on endlessly regurgitating page after page of the same thing when nobody really wants to hear it.

It doesn't bother me, but it does make me cringe for you. I am a big supporter of the many positive things you bring to the community. This isn't one of them.

Sorry. Just remember you asked.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 19, 2018, 09:57:59 AM »
Lamb should enter a troll war competition
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:59 PM »
I read your first answer. I liked it much better than what I saw of the other one. It was funny and made you seem intelligent.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 20, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »
Lamb going to make me quit eating lamb :/
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 20, 2018, 07:45:15 AM »
If you don't like a fact, does that fact stop being true?

Apparantly only if the fact is evolution or anything else just as blindingly obvious.

A fact is "a real occurrence, something demonstrated to exist". Religion is based on faith. There is no need for faith in something that has been demonstrated to exist. If I choose to believe that every word in "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss is literally true, that does not make it fact, it just makes me credulous.

-- edit --

If I then decided, based on someone using a single word, to back my barrow up and post a whole pile of nonsense based on my Green Eggs and Ham philosophy, that would make me both credulous and gullible.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:07:20 AM by Lambchops »

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 20, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »
If you don't like a fact, does that fact stop being true?

what you think aren't facts tho

your reactionary world view couldn't cope with facts
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:59:12 AM by marx was right »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 20, 2018, 10:07:43 AM »
Lol

I read your first answer. I liked it much better than what I saw of the other one.

If you don't like a fact, does that fact stop being true? I don't like it when people post replies that make my posts look frail and empty either, but lucky for me, that never happens.

It was funny and made you seem intelligent.

Lol. It was funny and intelligent because I *am* funny and intelligent. So there's a good reason for it seeming that way lol.

You shouldn't say "I am a good person." or "I am smart."

If you are actually praiseworthy people will say you are without you having to say it.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 20, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »
^^ill play u if u want. Mind you I only play in the mornings now.
Monday 10am ok?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:17:05 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 20, 2018, 08:16:29 PM »
I'm not available weekday daytimes at 10 am, but I could do 6 am Monday or this Saturday at 7 am EDT? I have tennis at 9 am but could get a good chunk of them done by then hopefully. Other than that I can do a later evening.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 21, 2018, 12:00:38 AM »
I’m going to Boston this weekend so maybe next weekend? I don’t play video games after 12-1pm usually. Occasionally I do log on late at night but it’s not my preferred time of gaming.

Also let’s change the bet to a cash bet. Let’s say $250 each? Xurnt can hold onto it and stream the games.
war2 > war3

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 21, 2018, 08:06:47 AM »

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 21, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »
Can you can come up with a way to prove it'll be you playing and not someone else on your account?

I thought both of us streaming would be adequate but I asked mouse and she said anyone can stream for you if they have your stream key.

We've both had other people play on our accounts a couple times in the past just bein silly, but obviously I wouldn't for an actual 1s challenge.

Playing each other I'd say it's close to 50/50 odds for either of us to win, but I'd think for you to wanna throw $ at it, you'd want better odds than that. :)

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 21, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »
Your just going to have to trust that it’s me playing.
 Only time I ever let someone play on my name was Swift last year on April fools to screw with Lux.
If my word not enough I guess you can have mouse /finger my name right before.
war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 21, 2018, 06:18:49 PM »
Your just going to have to trust that it’s me playing.
 Only time I ever let someone play on my name was Swift last year on April fools to screw with Lux.
If my word not enough I guess you can have mouse /finger my name right before.

O
Good times:) I don’t think he had any idea it wasn’t you until my farm was done
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 21, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »
charles krauthammer died ahahahahhahahaha, how's hell you fucking piece of shit lmao
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman