Author Topic: mouse click problem [solved]  (Read 2335 times)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
mouse click problem [solved]
« on: April 21, 2015, 12:58:26 AM »
im on the move, got this laptop

then bought a wireless generic mouse.
it uses a very small usb dongle.

mouse works perfectly on windows.

but on war2. half the times the clicks don't respond from both left and right buttons.

dont have time nor will to go buy another mouse for war2, ill be playing very few so....

its a secondhand laptop i got... there no drivers for windows7 just xp vista but windows7 detected all the devices cept 2 that i think are the pcmcia and cardreader which i dont use.... anyway, was thinking was maybe these usb ports were 1.0 and not 2? (since its an old laptop), but not sure.

already tried all 4 usb ports...
thoughts?

its a lenovo, 4gb ram, dual core 1.8ghz, 250gb
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:36:46 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
Re: hoping for some feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 01:15:24 AM »
Try installing the Vista driver.  It should work on Windows 7.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: hoping for some feedback
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:35:44 PM »
i identified the problem

it was that when using the keyboard there was a 2second delay on mouse functions.
(well not actually a delay, more like a mouse function halt)
and found out that it is an intended feature on laptops.

found the solution

Spoiler
Hey,
By the way this is definitely not a lag issue. It is nothing you have to go into safe mode to fix. it is a built in feature that many windows 7 laptops have built in. Unfortunately, for us swift and savvy coders and typers it is quite annoying and it greatly slows down your typing/mouse efficiency. However, I figure this feature was set up by default for all new laptops because the majority of users have probably had issues with bumping the mouse pad by accident while typing (which is what this feature tries to protect against)

Anyways... I have stumbled upon a solution today thankfully after at least a year of being frustrated by the 2 second delay after typing any key, it is finally over! Here you go:

1) Right click your synaptics icon in the system tray and goto Properties
2) Goto Device Settings tabs
3) Click Settings button
4) Goto Pointing > Senstivity > PalmCheck
5) Slide the slider all the way to the left (min)
6) Push okay to save settings and close windows

Easy fix, hope this helps.

i didnt have synaptics or any mouse software installed... but installed that synpaptics vista version and did the changes.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/mouse-delay-between-typing-and-using-mouse/183a7da4-0ecf-4538-ae73-33d94ec0bb75
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:42:24 PM by SmurfKinG »