Author Topic: Make your own icons for war2!!!! Add my icons iL!!  (Read 17140 times)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Make your own icons for war2!!!! Add my icons iL!!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 03:28:40 PM »
sure thing.

if it can say "Stonecutters" in super uber minuscule tiny but readable font, that would be great :P

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 04:04:02 PM »
a - d is a good idea to put so people can play with thier skill levels

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 04:23:30 PM »
tupac is this just me, the attachment you included had a lot of good orc/human icons, but the names dont line up right with the icons

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »
sure thing.

if it can say "Stonecutters" in super uber minuscule tiny but readable font, that would be great :P

dude these icons can barely fit the word "profi" so good luck w/ that :P

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »
i say fuck icons for everyone ideas (e.g country flags). I have 3 concepts in mind:
1. Amount of wins / amounts of losses / amount of total games played - self explanatory. we could add more icons for these, or create separate icons for wins and seprate for losses...
2. Ladder - ABCDF (+ / -) iconz for ~~top200 ladder awarded by a parsing bot
3. amount of wins in the tournament - how i see this is like with the axes and first 10 wins, but simplified. For example 1 2 3 4 blue stripes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th win in a tournament. Later on i'd say red or green stripes, then purple, or stars, or more complex thingies or even skulls. Idk, but this could make unique, interesting icons for the tournament winners. This may encourage people to participate in various tourneys. Tournament directors responsibility would be to report the tournament win to some icon admin or in a dedicated thread. I'd add a rule of 8-player-minimum to this as well... my personal favourite

it's possible to mix these ideas, but i'd prefer having #3 exclusively. I never cared for sware and profi TBH. however, 5k wins or 5k losses icons would be rather rare and maybe attractive too...

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 04:54:22 PM »
sure thing.

dude these icons can barely fit the word "profi" so good luck w/ that :P

yeh just noticed

i just did it.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »
or this

^^ this ownz lol
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:00:46 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 05:04:52 PM »
3. amount of wins in the tournament - how i see this is like with the axes and first 10 wins, but simplified. For example 1 2 3 4 blue stripes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th win in a tournament. Later on i'd say red or green stripes, then purple, or stars, or more complex thingies or even skulls. Idk, but this could make unique, interesting icons for the tournament winners. This may encourage people to participate in various tourneys. Tournament directors responsibility would be to report the tournament win to some icon admin or in a dedicated thread. I'd add a rule of 8-player-minimum to this as well... my personal favourite

u missing custom icons, ppl want to design their own i think
maybe reach some amount of wins?

be either ordinary user, or tourney hosters....
i can forsee equinox jumpin in here wanting UWC tag in his icon winners, not some colored swords heh heh

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 05:14:58 PM »
the more icons, the less they will matter in the end. also the more icons, the more manual work from both parties (icon creators + admins). this makes no sense...

i for one wont bother with any fucking custom icon if i see 90% of people running around with one

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
Keep making them I will compile them all

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »
the more icons, the less they will matter in the end. also the more icons, the more manual work from both parties (icon creators + admins). this makes no sense...

i for one wont bother with any fucking custom icon if i see 90% of people running around with one

well, back to ur original post, id stick with a mix of your #1 and #3 concepts.
but
you cant give the same type of tourney icon awards for burnts tourneys, and say... 60men pball archer tourneys.

or we WILL see 90% noobs  running around with tourney icons :P

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 05:57:14 PM »
well, as long as theres at least 8 participants in those 'noob' tournaments, i honestly dont mind. We could also use different colours/icon paths for pure BNE tournaments and 'other' (custom / pball (?)) ones. whatever floats your boat guys. to me, the more tournaments the better

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 07:12:55 PM »
It shouldn't be for ordinary wins, or people will just winbot or play stupid 5 minute games. 

It should be for participation in leagues and tournaments.  Everyone should have the chance to get an icon, not just the best people, but the icons could be used as incentive to get people to do good things for the server.  Like train 5 newbies into competent BNE players, you get custom icon privileges forever.  Play in two seasons of UWC and get a custom icon.  Idk.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »
Anybody should get any icon they want lol... it's not hard work for admin. It would take 30 minutes to make stealth bot to assign any icon anyone wants....

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2015, 09:25:29 PM »
This is a pretty retarded discussion tbh. Everyone just shut up and go play the game instead of wasting time on useless gimmicks like this.
squeak!