Author Topic: I have a suggestion  (Read 2303 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
I have a suggestion
« on: May 02, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »
i notice a lot of ideas for new projects being tossed around. some of those projects actually seem to be under way.. i think that's cool and definitely beneficial to the community.

but... ive been talking to war2ers fairly regularly and have logged on a few times just to look around (most recently today) and based on everything im hearing and everything im witnessing war2 is in fact dying. it is more dead today than it was 3-4 months ago.

i hear it's difficult to even get a Gow/ef game going now.

My suggestion: spend less time trying to build programs/features for the community (which is steadily declining). spend more time advertising/building the community

I have a facebook page dedicated to war2 that currently has 2,600 people following thanks to burnt's help. I never post on it. Burnt is an admin on it also and has stopped posting on it as well.

if anyone who has a marketing and/or advertising strategy in mind and would like to be given administrative privileges on that facebook page just let me know.

it's free to make posts that 2,600 people will see. it costs money to "boost" or advertise those posts to reach potential new users.

I also suggest finding an active, laid back, non-confrontational player who is able to host ... and give them admin. it boggles my mind that not a single admin even plays the game with any sort of regularity.

2 of the admins who were active in the last year or so were what i like to call "toxic" players who take the game so seriously they rage and talk shit and make the entire gaming experience so shitty that it's a chore to even be in the same game as them. they are literally as unpleasant to play with as van, koorb, or allstar. i strongly suggest not giving admin to a person like that.

take the advice. dont take it. idc... but again, if anyone who has some drive and a vision wants to have admin rights on that war2 facebook page let me know. me and burnt aren't doing anything with it.

https://www.facebook.com/War2TidesOfDarkness
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:16:20 PM by tk[as] »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
Re: I have a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »

i notice a lot of ideas for new projects being tossed around. some of those projects actually seem to be under way.. i think that's cool and definitely beneficial to the community.

but... ive been talking to war2ers fairly regularly and have logged on a few times just to look around (most recently today) and based on everything im hearing and everything im witnessing war2 is in fact dying. it is more dead today than it was 3-4 months ago.

i hear it's difficult to even get a Gow/ef game going now.

My suggestion: spend less time trying to build programs/features for the community (which is steadily declining). spend more time advertising/building the community

I have a facebook page dedicated to war2 that currently has 2,600 people following thanks to burnt's help. I never post on it. Burnt is an admin on it also and has stopped posting on it as well.

if anyone who has a marketing and/or advertising strategy in mind and would like to be given administrative privileges on that facebook page just let me know.

it's free to make posts that 2,600 people will see. it costs money to "boost" or advertise those posts to reach potential new users.

I also suggest finding an active, laid back, non-confrontational player who is able to host ... and give them admin. it boggles my mind that not a single admin even plays the game with any sort of regularity.

2 of the admins who were active in the last year or so were what i like to call "toxic" players who take the game so seriously they rage and talk shit and make the entire gaming experience so shitty that it's a chore to even be in the same game as them. they are literally as unpleasant to play with as van, koorb, or allstar. i strongly suggest not giving admin to a person like that.

take the advice. dont take it. idc... but again, if anyone who has some drive and a vision wants to have admin rights on that war2 facebook page let me know. me and burnt aren't doing anything with it.

https://www.facebook.com/War2TidesOfDarkness

This is the page that is currently linked to the website:  https://www.facebook.com/war2combat

I wouldn't mind having admin rights on your page since there are many more likes on it.  I'm actually working on having posts forwarded from the the War2 Facebook group to the page.  The same can be done for your page as well.  Anyone can post in the group so it gives us a chance to advertise more.  I think this will help keep war2 relevant. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:41:13 PM by Rit »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 08:53:07 PM »
send friend request Recnep Guff  (me) and "like" the page and i should be able to add you to admin

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 01:02:17 AM »
Lazy Admins and useless forum rules all i can say. Need people who actually play the game and focus their time on that instead of imposing useless rules to a dying community.

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
Great idea! I hope Burnt have enough time and wish to do something with that.

I also hope you are still interested to advertise that page too, tk. Would be great if you continue that your project.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 06:35:27 PM »
i made Rit admin... so now Burnt and Ritalin have the ability to manage/post/advertise if they wish