Author Topic: [solved]War2Combat on Windows 10  (Read 12530 times)

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
[solved]War2Combat on Windows 10
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »
So today I installed a preview of Windows 10 on one of my computers.  One of the first things I did was install war2.  For some reason, every time I launch war2, the start menu pops up and minimizes the war2 screen.  When I try to maximize war2, the start menu continues to pop up and minimize it again.  I've discussed this a little with iL.  From what I understand, he's tried it and he didn't have any problems.  Has anyone else had experience with war2 on Windows 10?  Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:56:26 PM by tupac »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
Re: War2Combat on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »
Same issues as windows 8. There are many of these threads now.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »
The display bug also occurs sporadically, doesn't it? I think Ryu said he uses 8 and doesn't have that problem.
squeak!

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »
i installed war2combat on windows 8 once.

and there's no color glitch, at least to me it didn't happen.
not even if you alt-tab and alt-tab back. even if you are gaming.

the only errors i saw were in the game chat, it was garbled, and some buttons would disappear.

i only installed it once, not using that OS.

i dont remember hearing from anyone complaining about war2 autominimizing itself in any other thread before.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 12:56:12 AM »
and there's no color glitch, at least to me it didn't happen.
Yes, color glitch resolved in win8/10 (it's win7 only (not sure about vista)).

the only errors i saw were in the game chat, it was garbled, and some buttons would disappear.
yes, sometimes problem occurs with button (GUI) layer: buttons are located on wrond places or messages are hidden behind the background or w/e.
That works fine for me.

Another bug is chat icons: they are not shown in 8/10, looks like it's a common problem with 8/10.

i dont remember hearing from anyone complaining about war2 autominimizing itself in any other thread before.
Yes, looks like it's the first time with such problem.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
such crappy OSes.....

it will be loooooooooooong before I move from windows7.

probably at least 5 more years.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »
I just noticed that it only minimizes and continues to minimize War2 if I try launch it via a shortcut on the desktop.  When I launch War2PLoader or War2noCDLoader from the War2Combat folder, it doesn't minimize but it still seems to activate the start menu and it overlaps the game screen.  I'm able to get rid of the overlapping start menu by simply pressing the Windows key on my keyboard.  However, when I alt+tab to the desktop, the start menu still pops up and I am unable to maximize the War2 screen from there.  While the war2 program is running, the start menu continues to pop up even when I try to collapse it.

Also, I've tried to get a recording this issue on my desktop and it cuts off the recording when I launch war2 and starts a new vid.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:02:58 PM by Rit »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:38:19 AM »
So after installing Windows updates, the problem went away.  War2 now opens without any problems.  I guess I should have installed the updates first. :D

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 10:47:32 AM »
War2 works good on Windows 10?
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 11:00:59 AM »
The display bug also occurs sporadically, doesn't it? I think Ryu said he uses 8 and doesn't have that problem.
Yes i have tested war2 comb on window 7 and 8 and 8.1 w/o any major problems....colors need to be fixed but beside that the game is playable. I have yet to test it on 10.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »
War2 works good on Windows 10?
Not sure? I think Mousey said she downloaded the developers preview win 10? Mousey?

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
So after installing Windows updates, the problem went away.  War2 now opens without any problems.  I guess I should have installed the updates first. :D
Have any idea what was updated in that windows update? Drivers?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 02:53:21 PM »
Maybe you're thinking of tupac? Win7 all the way here. So you still get the rainbow color bug in Win8? It seems like there's a lot of conflicting reports in this thread.

You're not seeing the chat lobby display issue either? e.g. this. (Animated gif, watch it for a sec.) Everything is perfect?
squeak!

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 05:17:33 PM »

Have any idea what was updated in that windows update? Drivers?

There are 6 updates.  I was able to narrow it down to KB3062095 which includes a fix for this problem.  A description of this update can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3062095

Maybe you're thinking of tupac? Win7 all the way here. So you still get the rainbow color bug in Win8? It seems like there's a lot of conflicting reports in this thread.

You're not seeing the chat lobby display issue either? e.g. this. (Animated gif, watch it for a sec.) Everything is perfect?

Yep, that's the exact problem I have when I log in.  It seems to start messing up like that when I try to view someone's profile.   

If anyone is interested in giving Windows 10 a try, the insider preview iso can be downloaded here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso