Poll

Should MASTER TAG be permanent or temporary?

Permanent - I earned it, I keep it!
3 (20%)
Temporary - There is no such thing as a 'permanent' champion.
12 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Master TAG - Should it be permanent or temporary?  (Read 14498 times)

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Master TAG - Should it be permanent or temporary?
« on: May 06, 2015, 04:33:29 AM »
In any fields/domains, any title is automatically put on the line be it football, chess, boxing or in any other fields.
Your win remains as a 'palmares' or title won. Any new season, event, the title won is put on the line. Warcraft2 being what it is, it might not be possible for a champion to 'defend' a title. As such, master tags should automatically lapse after say 3 or 6 months and each new tournaments would crown new 'masters' making more people play in tournaments.
Personally, I see 3 months being fine.
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Master TAG - Should it be permanent or temporary?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:36:11 AM »
Temporary - X months or until the next master tag tournament of the same kind (ef, f and custom maps are 3 categories i believe)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:30:24 AM »
I also think Master tag should be temporary, same as other custom tags.

Some custom tag means this player is better than other for some reason, but game is changing. Also if you pause playing, you leave your skill, you continue playing, you return your skill back.
I think we should stimulate active players to keep active, not someone played years ago.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:08:14 AM »
Do we really need to have a poll about this

Of course it should be temporary.  It's for a reigning champion or w/e

It's always been like there's 2 EF masters and an F master and then when someone runs a tournament with some players and promises a master tag, you bump off the previous one

People just haven't been doing it anymore

It's not that anyone has decided there will be permanent masters.

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 11:07:48 AM »
Cool...Remove the tags then.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »
It's always been like there's 2 EF masters and an F master
aight, so no custom map master then?

I think we should take care of the tags! I know medivh has one and probably got it recently, so it's ok. But all the others... and even the account "loser".... wtf :p take them off! And yo peeps, host master tag tournaments!

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 01:34:24 PM »
master tags should automatically lapse after say 3 or 6 months and each new tournaments would crown new 'masters' making more people play in tournaments.

I like the idea of removing the tags after a certain amount of time.  I only worry about the ability to keep up with such a thing though.  I wonder if there's a way for them to expire automatically?

Quote from: blid on Today at 10:08:14 AM
It's always been like there's 2 EF masters and an F master
aight, so no custom map master then?

I think we should have a master tag for custom tournaments.  Perhaps we should bring that to a vote as well?  The custom community has suffered the most over the years and I think that this would be a good step toward it's revival.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »
to me it's obvious that custom maps are hosted nearly as much as gows (or even more) so master tag should be given, but i wont argue about how 'pro' these maps are. Custom players never give a shit and rarely participate anyway.

all i want is master tag pool for CERTAIN maps/map pools and master tag tournaments. As for the latter, i think 8 player minimum necessary for the master tag tournament and advertisement at least 4 days before the tourney itself.

all the stupid polls lead to stagnation and nothing ever being done. Can any admin take care of the master tags?

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »
Yeah I think it's a hoos step forward towards more interesting tourneys and players participation...

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »
And  claw,  my polls are productive!  Remember action taken on my poll against advertising hacks.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 02:51:09 PM »
Well but then we'd have to define "custom"... pballs are custom technically, gow TE is a custom. Any non-bne map is a custom, such as blids shitty beloved reel around the fountain. Are we going to limit "custom maps" to a certain custom maps with (relatively) high skill cap? or let 60men tournament take master tag away from a chopper or archers champ? having a poll on everything is tiresome when just one reasonable admin could be in charge of everything...

anyway, id like an admin to approve the very basic guidances i suggested

8 player minimum necessary for the master tag tournament
advertisement at least 4 days before the tourney itself.

and we're good to go ahead and start new master tag tournaments. Also wipe all the old master tags other than medivhs i think.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 03:11:48 PM »
Well but then we'd have to define "custom"... pballs are custom technically, gow TE is a custom. Any non-bne map is a custom, such as blids shitty beloved reel around the fountain. Are we going to limit "custom maps" to a certain custom maps with (relatively) high skill cap? or let 60men tournament take master tag away from a chopper or archers champ? having a poll on everything is tiresome when just one reasonable admin could be in charge of everything...

Well, if they expire after a certain amount of time, I think we can just leave it at that instead of taking away when someone else wins another tournament on another map.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 03:16:37 PM »
There's also the fact that we can have an infinite number of tags... so doesn't have to be JUST a master tag. Could award e.g. a "Chop" tag for chop tournies or something, or a choice of three tags to the winner, or the option of having a custom tag designed (within reason), etc. etc.
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 03:19:21 PM »
Good point. Gogo ef master, f master, chop master (chop farms, chop no farms, jammin, mad) and, ummm, what would we call all the macro oriented maps? BGH, KOTR, archers, c6.... And 3v3arena doesnt really fall into either category. However, if we have custom icons for each category, theres basically no discussion whether custom players "deserve" tag. Yes they do, and its up to players whether theyre going to respect "chop master", "60 men master" tags or not :3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »
It should be with permanent and with me as the only Master. The actual way it was intended, and earned.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.