Poll

Ill keep it simple. yes i know its a gimmick thing but we doin nothing with them!

Everyone should have at least 1 free icon on one of their akas. (smurfking proposal)
3 (14.3%)
Icons should be earned only! (claws proposal)
13 (61.9%)
A mix of the two. earned and given 1 free icon for all.
3 (14.3%)
I dont care about icons at all!
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 08, 2015, 07:07:09 PM

Author Topic: well, since noone made it, here it is.THE ICON POLL  (Read 15216 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: well, since noone made it, here it is.THE ICON POLL
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 10:01:58 AM »

we have a poll which turned out to be worthless and inconclusive. People are questioning the most voted option because "they didnt know what it meant" or "they didnt know what THEY meant" or "the statement was vague". delete this thread and start a proper one. No stupid ass polls, just a thread with "1 post per thread" policy.

I agree, and let it be final.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »
I had a feeling this poll would end this way.  Perhaps we should separate these issues in order to make it a little less complicated.  I think we should have a discussion and a vote on earned icons first and then worry about custom submitted player icons.  Earned icons will be much easier to start with.  We could have a "Yes" or "No" poll for earned icons, but I think everyone clearly agrees we should have them. 

Here are a few questions (and possible solutions) that come to mind when considering earned icons:

1. Are we going to use new icons or old icons for tournament winners and record achievements? (This really comes down to whether or not someone is willing to take the initiative to create them.)
2. How long will players keep the icons they win in tournaments?  Who will manage this?  Can it be automated?  (I don't see this working out unless it's automated.)
3. Who will assign the icons for record achievements?  (I think we should consider nominating admins/mods who are able to assist players with this.)
4. How many wins will it take to earn each icon?  (Once this is decided on, I think we should have a page on the website that shows players what icons they can earn and how to earn them.)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:41:35 PM by Rit »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 03:15:21 PM »
I'm totally against the customized, free icons for everyone with or without limits, because I'm aware of tons of problems this may cause. As for your questions:
1. Are we going to use new icons or old icons for tournament winners and record achievements? (This really comes down to whether or not someone is willing to take the initiative to create them.)
Yes and maybe, meh, we already have Sware and PROFI, may as well make them cooler. I'm a fan of using icons as an encouragement for people to play and icons-per-games-amount serve that purpose. Numbers? Not very low but not very high either, like: 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 10000 wins. Setting a bar lower than 500 would open the door for smurfers to request icons and I don't like that very much. 500 looks fine as 500 wins under ones belt suggest that they served their time on the server and deserve a reward. You guys have to remember that the more popular icon is, the less value it presents. If everyone has this icon, nobody really does... example: who cares about axes and swords anymore?

2. How long will players keep the icons they win in tournaments?  Who will manage this?  Can it be automated?  (I don't see this working out unless it's automated.)
I think claw has a neat idea.
Swift did hit it home though. I think when new icons are introduced, Swift & Viruz need one just for them that is above master. Then it would be a even playing field for the rest towards MASTER.

Or keep Swift and Viruz as MASTER and change everyone else's goal to something else.

Nooo, not two of them! Make them fight for it in an ef/f mixed bo11 epic seriez!! and only winner gets one

aaaanyway, as for special tags for special people and exceptions, no, not a fan of that. But how about this counter proposal:
1. 1st time master tags a regular master tag
2. 2nd, 3rd time master tags for the same player will be a slightly different master tag (different color or smth?)
3. After 3 or 4 master tag wins, a new, "arch master" icon would be granted to that player every time he wins a master tag tourney

Which maps "deserve" the master tag is a separate issue. I think f, ef, chop and vague "custom" + vague "pball" for other maps is enough. 3 separate icons for the most played maps/sets and vague ones for the rest. Im not gona argue with gowfags that chop doesnt deserve its own icon or with customfags that 60men or archers totally deserve their own icon. Whatever dudlers, it's a start...

3. Who will assign the icons for record achievements?  (I think we should consider nominating admins/mods who are able to assist players with this.)
I could definitely manage the tournament icons, win icons are meh, but whatevs, may do that too (if the game amount bar isnt set ridiculously low like 50...). But I know im a hated troll and a whore, so hopefully you'll find better candidates.

4. How many wins will it take to earn each icon?  (Once this is decided on, I think we should have a page on the website that shows players what icons they can earn and how to earn them.)
Yes, definitely. A thread with game amounts and specific icons for them and a tournament archieve with MASTERS assigned to players (which would be needed if we ever used my bronze, silver, gold + arch masterchamp icons idea and a time limit on them, for which most of us agreed).

claw out

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 04:46:59 PM »
I'm totally against the customized, free icons for everyone with or without limits, because I'm aware of tons of problems this may cause. As for your questions:
Yes and maybe, meh, we already have Sware and PROFI, may as well make them cooler. I'm a fan of using icons as an encouragement for people to play and icons-per-games-amount serve that purpose. Numbers? Not very low but not very high either, like: 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 10000 wins. Setting a bar lower than 500 would open the door for smurfers to request icons and I don't like that very much. 500 looks fine as 500 wins under ones belt suggest that they served their time on the server and deserve a reward. You guys have to remember that the more popular icon is, the less value it presents. If everyone has this icon, nobody really does... example: who cares about axes and swords anymore?

I think claw has a neat idea.
Swift did hit it home though. I think when new icons are introduced, Swift & Viruz need one just for them that is above master. Then it would be a even playing field for the rest towards MASTER.

Or keep Swift and Viruz as MASTER and change everyone else's goal to something else.

Nooo, not two of them! Make them fight for it in an ef/f mixed bo11 epic seriez!! and only winner gets one

aaaanyway, as for special tags for special people and exceptions, no, not a fan of that. But how about this counter proposal:
1. 1st time master tags a regular master tag
2. 2nd, 3rd time master tags for the same player will be a slightly different master tag (different color or smth?)
3. After 3 or 4 master tag wins, a new, "arch master" icon would be granted to that player every time he wins a master tag tourney

Which maps "deserve" the master tag is a separate issue. I think f, ef, chop and vague "custom" + vague "pball" for other maps is enough. 3 separate icons for the most played maps/sets and vague ones for the rest. Im not gona argue with gowfags that chop doesnt deserve its own icon or with customfags that 60men or archers totally deserve their own icon. Whatever dudlers, it's a start...

I could definitely manage the tournament icons, win icons are meh, but whatevs, may do that too (if the game amount bar isnt set ridiculously low like 50...). But I know im a hated troll and a whore, so hopefully you'll find better candidates.

Yes, definitely. A thread with game amounts and specific icons for them and a tournament archieve with MASTERS assigned to players (which would be needed if we ever used my bronze, silver, gold + arch masterchamp icons idea and a time limit on them, for which most of us agreed).

claw out

All of this sounds excellent and has my full support.  You've really thought this out well.  It even satisfies my concern about Swift and Viruz being exceptions when it comes to icons.  When you're ready, could you make a topic on the forum that outlines the structure you've described here?  I strongly recommend that consideration is taken into making you an admin.  I feel this should have been done a long time ago.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 08:52:10 PM »
I think the poll was pretty clear "Icons should be earned only! (claws proposal)" Unless you are a mongoloid with downs syndrome, its pretty self explanitory that icons must be earned only.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 03:28:43 AM »
I strongly recommend that consideration is taken into making you an admin

i really dont need that position, only offered my service in case nobody else was willing to do that...

here's a chat with burnt from 10th april for example:

i dont like stupid people and stupid people dont like me, and im afraid thats not a good feature in an 'admin'

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
Well, why not at least give you the privilege to assign icons and move stats?  I don't think there will be much bias against you doing just that.  What we need are active mods who are able to offer player support in the channel.  I'd even be willing to do this too. 

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »
They should setup a bot and set access to certain people. That way no admin needed you just need access. Also remove the say command to prevent abusing the bots access....

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 02:37:03 PM »
b-but ur a server admin too aren't ya?

noop.

That's a nice idea tupac, we were talking about doing the same thing for the /announce command for tourney hosts. You coding it?
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
well, since noone made it, here it is.THE ICON POLL
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »
b-but ur a server admin too aren't ya?

noop.

That's a nice idea tupac, we were talking about doing the same thing for the /announce command for tourney hosts. You coding it?

Not hard, can be done with flag system already built into SB.

My own bot does a variant of that.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »
It's all ready to go. We can add command in as needed. Icons, vote ban, stats transfer. This has been a project of mine for a while I need to get back on task with it.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2015, 01:02:47 AM »
what would vote ban do

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2015, 01:08:52 AM »
It's all ready to go. We can add command in as needed. Icons, vote ban, stats transfer. This has been a project of mine for a while I need to get back on task with it.

Vote ban is useless since the server is full of trolls who would abuse it.

Channel ban and server ban should be left to the judgement of a useful admin.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:15:21 AM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2015, 01:12:42 AM »
what would vote ban do

Exactly what it says, the bot counts the number of 'yes' and 'no' votes from users in the channel and bans a person if it receives enough 'yes' votes.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2015, 01:32:45 AM »

Vote ban is useless since the server is full of trolls who would abuse it.

Yeah, and full of retards with handful of bots also