Author Topic: Conflict with everyone. Help needed.  (Read 12424 times)

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Conflict with everyone. Help needed.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »
I can see 2 green bars near every player except hoster. Even when there are 3 people in game it lags. When i play 1v1, it's fine.
I used this laptop and this router before in my previous apartment, only diffrence is internet provider and cable, which has other ending and has to be connected to modem and then to router. I hope u know what i ment . If not i can send picture how it looks.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:34:22 AM by maciek »

Offline Howl

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft2Online
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 07:38:25 AM »
So currently you have a setup that looks like this ?

pc <--> router <--> modem <--> teh interwebz

i have the same setup (my network provider is UPC) and setting port forwarding for warcraft related ports on the router worked (6112 etc i dont remember exactly atm).

here is a guide returned by a quick google search:
portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-524/defaultguide.htm
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:43:28 AM by Howl »

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 07:55:03 AM »
So currently you have a setup that looks like this ?

pc <--> router <--> modem <--> teh interwebz
Yes, exactly

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »
When i attach directly without router i don't have Internet connection at all.
Sure, that means your router is configured for an internet connection. You should configure your PC instead router to use internet directly. You should usually follow some instructions given by your provider.

That should exclude router as possibly weak element from your link. I hope that will help.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
When i attach directly without router i don't have Internet connection at all.
Sure, that means your router is configured for an internet connection. You should configure your PC instead router to use internet directly. You should usually follow some instructions given by your provider.

That should exclude router as possibly weak element from your link. I hope that will help.

This would be most ideal.  Most modems now are routers with multiple LAN ports.  I'm not sure it would fix the problem, but the D-Link router could be turned into a switch by disabling WAN and DHCP.  The ethernet cord from the modem will also have to be switched from the "Internet" port to one of the LAN ports.