Author Topic: Waving screen  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Smokosz

• Peon
    • View Profile
Waving screen
« on: May 24, 2015, 05:10:08 PM »
War 2 is making my screen wave, it's like that eye-hurting zigigigigigig that you sometimes get in TV when signal is bad enough. It comes in whenever I run War 2 and stays only as long as I have it on. I didn't change any settings, system or anything, didn't even reinstall the game. The only thing I can connect it with, is connecting my PC to TV through same VGT cable I use to connect it with the usual screen. I can't see why it would cause anything like that, but it's the only thing that happened with my computer right before the problem started.

Help plox

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Waving screen
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »
its the hertz most likely.

when was the last time it played good and what happened that couldve triggered

dunno what video card, but look in your videocard control panel a setting where u could manually choose the hertz a determined resolution should use..., or you can just standardly change the resolution using desired hertz, like for instance go manually set it to 640x480 (the resolution war2 uses) and try different hertz
(right click desktop, resolution, advanced)

maybe your video card driver updated itself causing that incompatibility between monitor and gfx driver
so another thing to try would be to
update to even a newer driver or install an older one previously removing the one installed in control panel

or just rollback driver.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:42:33 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline Smokosz

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 06:38:49 AM »
Thanks

Changing Hz refreshing didn't help much, then I got the resolution down to lowest possible (still above 640x480 though) and War 2 works like it should, although everything else is impossible to use in this mode. Seems like I can run the game in ridiculous settings then, would be better if I could have it like before, in normal resolution.

The card is NVIDIA GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a, but any uncontrolled actualisation seems unlikely, because whenever I connect the PC to my TV, it's not connected to the internet.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
did you try compatibility?

(go to war2combat folder, right click War2Launcher.bat, properties, and checkbox
x Run in 460x480
also try to x Disable desktop composition and disable display scaling

btw nvidia drivers are included automatically in the windows update.
so if you have windows update on automatic it probably updated itself

unless you installed nvidia drivers manually and not using windows defaults.

but anyway, if the above thing fails.
try to
go to nvidia.com and download your compatible driver there
go control panel, uninstall everything nvidia related.
reboot
install downloaded driver
reboot
test
if it still doesnt work
uninstall driver
reboot
go to nvidia.com, look for archive downloads and download an older version of driver.
install driver.