Author Topic: Another SS refusal from Swift  (Read 19860 times)

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Another SS refusal from Swift
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 10:18:10 PM »
Well then Ill tell you what from now on Im going to check the forums everyday and ill go ahead and take the 2 minutes a week it takes to check the SS's see how long the games been going for see the kind of game it is then go check the oldgames log and find the game report for you guys.
Because to be honest with you its quite easy to see that this was a very low stat game, while I understand it may be harder for a game that lasts 20+ minutes this one is quite simple to fact check.

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 10:20:30 PM »
Lethal~Viruz, who was banned and smeared with hacker title, was penalized in spite of there not being "proper SS protocol" followed, according to the SS Guidelines here: http://en.war2.ru/support/how-to-correctly-report-failure-to-take-a-screenshot/

The color proof shot was missing. There was no evidence to prove that Lethal~Viruz was white. Lethal~Viruz' admission was taken to be adequate.

In the case of Yamon, the missing color proof charge cleared him of charges. I did later find it on my computer since I didn't realize the SS's get stuck in any empty holes in the SS list instead of being all back to back. But all the same, Yamon's admission that he was orange and thought the SS request was a joke was not taken to be adequate.

In lieu of banning your most favorite, most protected player, I will be satisfied if a public apology is issued to Lethal~Viruz for failing to follow due process of law prior to his punishment, in which his name is cleared of hacking claims, signed by all the admins, and a clarification of current SS rules be presented to the community so that the rules are the same for everyone and upheld in the same manner for all players.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:25:55 PM by BabyShark »

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »
your boy Fake Viruz came forward and admitted it was him in the game and that he did indeed refuse the ss.  am i wrong abut that?  of course he was banned, what else were we to do

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2017, 10:28:49 PM »
Yamon also admitted that he saw the SS request and thought it was a joke.

I was simply the one who responded to the SS request as a joke.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
why must we once again readjudicate these episodes; it was months ago.  let go of your grudges, such scorekeeping lends itself to rot and decay in relationships and communities. are we going to be here in 10 years talking about Fake Viruz?  My friends

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 10:31:17 PM »
Whenever new cases come to law in courts, they rely on old cases to help them decide the current cases.

This is called "precedent".

This is nothing to do with grudges. Yamon and Swift are both dear buddies of mine and I really hope they never get banned. I would miss them a lot.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »
i know what precedent means lmao.  when you doggedly pursue items solely for the purpose of keeping consistent with precedent rather than for the purpose of striving toward justice, you are being myopic.  of course we will try to make fair and impartial judgments and be consistent with established rules, i am not abdicating thatr posture.  simply saying, "lol"

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »
the petty worship of rules and letters for their own sake rather than for the purpose behind them is the way of the one known as , Claw

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »
It is justice I would like to see. Part of justice is following set standards equally for everyone and desisting from favoritism and unfair treatment.

As far as I know, there has also been no punitive action taken against D@ta for SS refusal, which has been posted in Moderated Section for some time now, apparently 8 days.

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,3528.0.html

This one includes /ping and color shot both.

This really is nothing to do with grudges. I personally like to keep on the lighter and happier side of life as much as possible by refusing to let bitterness, grudges, or the like drag me into an unpleasant way of existing. I don't take the game overly seriously and I love to laugh and have a good time. I will, however, stand up to people who are bullies or abusers, especially if someone messes with someone I count as a friend.

Trying to make this about my motives or my mindset is a flimsy attempt to draw attention away from the facts of the matter, that the evidence in Lethal~Viruz case and Yamon case was identical, yet one was banned and one was not. Unequal treatment.

Yamon presents SS request and he gets instant service and ban for the accused.

BabyShark presents 100% legit SS request with full evidence for D@ta that gets ignored for a week.

But I let it go. I stopped thinking about it until someone else started posting in this thread again. I have better things do with my life than chase down smurf SS dodgers.

But in the case of Yamon and Lethal~Viruz, Viruz being a good friend that I know is a good guy and non-hacker who didn't take the ss request seriously only because it was coming from an "orcdude11" who was raging because he was losing on a team of 2 with kanca versus Lethal~Viruz alone, I felt compelled to stick up for my friend. Besides Lethal~Viruz being a good guy and friend, I also have a long history of observing Yamon's behavior patterns including him bsing me, discing games numerous times, not building, being rude, etc, that this was a case of the bully beating up on an innocent victim, and the victim being punished by the "authority."

That was injustice.

I'll stick up for anyone that I feel is being unfairly accused. Blid, I've even stuck up for you, numerous times, when people attack the admins. Cuz in spite of everything, I think you're probably still salvageable.

I honestly am not even looking to have anyone banned from the server at this point. The server is poorly-populated enough as it is. I would like to see D@ta at least given a warning, though, if an instant ban for first time offense isn't going to be the protocol (unless it's a smurf of a known player who knows the rules and/or is a repeat offender).

I just think it would be nice to have equal treatment for everyone. Since Yamon has not been given a ban when Lethal~VIruz has, I think the best course of action here would be to issue a public apology to Lethal~Viruz since the correct evidence (color proof shot) was missing, exactly the same as it was missing at the time in the case of Yamon. His name should also be cleared of all hacking accusations.

And I think the admins should decide and settle on the SS policy so that everyone is being treated the same, and publicize their decisions so everyone knows what punishment (warning, ban, how long of a ban, etc.) is the norm for what infractions and whether there is to be a different standard for new players, first time offenders, repeat offenders, etc..

Also, the requirements for a valid SS request need to be ironed out and reiterated so there is no confusion or gray area.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 01:29:00 AM »
wow 2 pages since my last post here

@LTFan

I have no idea what program they would be using nor would I even be able to guess since I dont look around for warcraft 2 hacks, no your ss policies are designed to protect the accused against people that are in a frazzled mind set because they believe they are being hacked against. I know for sure when I think someones hacking the only thing i think about is saying 'Hey you SS' and not oh boy i better take a SS of /ping and also a SS of the allies/chat screen as well.
and blid you know damn well the reason yamon requested a SS from deathknight was purely out of anger that he was losing to newbs

If you don't know the hacks that are there how do you know if you are being hacked against?

Recently I did some actual research to see what hacks currently existed and what would work on the server.
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,3303.0.html

The most common hacks that were used in the early 2000s were programs called "Warcrap, Alt-Tab Viewer MasterHack, and a few others. All of which are easily found thru goggle and downloadable online.
The current Anti-Hack which most players have installed easily detects all the downloadable hacks from goggle.
The only way someone could hack on the server without triggering the AH would be if they are using an original war2 CD, or they modded there own new hacks to bypass the AH.
While it is true there are example of players doing the latter, players aren't developing their own personal hacks to bypass the AH.
The only person actively hacking on the server at this point is dellam.

war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »
With that being said the SS policy is still being enforced on RU so if swift doesn't post he will receive the same ban Lethal~Viruz served.
war2 > war3

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2017, 01:41:07 AM »
impressive critical reasoning abilities aside (props bshark, lt, and blid), and bshark's request to not actually having anybody banned, i think the mods/admins can take this as a valuable lesson in moderating consistency. maybe re-stickying the server rules thread, and a reminder (i'll /w kyle next time i see him online) of server rules to the more hard-core members of the community would be suffice?

let's be real here guys, this server could do with retaining as many players as possible without getting so draconian about the server rules when there's obv no blatant cheating going on

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2017, 01:43:35 AM »
With that being said the SS policy is still being enforced on RU so if swift doesn't post he will receive the same ban Lethal~Viruz served.

also, the reason i asked if she took/ping (which has been policy for several years now, without issue)

"If you see someone buildhacking you can take a screenshot of the evidence in addition to an in-game /ping and submit it to a server admin to report the hacker."
- http://en.war2.ru/about/screenshot-policy/

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2017, 01:57:49 AM »
yes
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile