Author Topic: us 2016 elections thread (america ftw)  (Read 276447 times)

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: us 2016 elections thread (america ftw)
« Reply #480 on: January 26, 2016, 09:30:33 PM »
it's a lot more shocking that Chomsky would support Clinton in 2016 than Obama in 2008.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 27, 2016, 07:20:14 AM »
it's a lot more shocking that Chomsky would support Clinton in 2016 than Obama in 2008.

No it's not.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 27, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »
I support the first ever black Nazi being elected Fuhrer, AND I support the first ever woman Nazi to be elected fuhrer.  After that maybe a gay nazi and then a trans nazi and then maybe we can stop electing nazis

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 27, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »
I support the first ever black Nazi being elected Fuhrer, AND I support the first ever woman Nazi to be elected fuhrer.  After that maybe a gay nazi and then a trans nazi and then maybe we can stop electing nazis

*wipes away tears* Today...we are all Hitler

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 27, 2016, 11:55:12 AM »
yea it is shocking. it's shocking Chomsky doesn't know Clinton isn't any less dangerous than any other republican.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 27, 2016, 12:26:09 PM »
yea it is shocking. it's shocking Chomsky doesn't know Clinton isn't any less dangerous than any other republican.

But you can't say the same thing about Obama? Rofl.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2016, 08:41:51 PM »

But you can't say the same thing about Obama? Rofl.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 28, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »
Jon is a liberal who thinks Obama is epic win and he wants to kiss and make out with him.

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 28, 2016, 10:52:55 AM »
this is what happens when you take drugs and play video games all day

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 28, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
this is what happens when you take drugs and play video games all day

You own complete retard liberals on this forum?

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:08 PM »
I mean you haven't put up a single argument to justify your view that endorsing Clinton is worse than endorsing Obama except to make appeals to liberal identity politics and even to imply Obama is more of a leftist than Hillary Clinton, when there is no reason whatsoever to come to this conclusion based off the facts. Are you seriously going to sit here and argue that Obama is anything but a completely typical Democrat empty suit just like Clinton? While posturing as a Marxist no less?

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 28, 2016, 12:40:35 PM »
obama is black, first black man as president of amerikkka, you're a dumb bitch if you don't see this as anything other than historical, so at least i can see why chomsky would support obama back during the elections ( i don't even know if he did, i haven't seen any articles written during that time endorsing him.. i have seen plenty of criticisms of obama in articles dated back to 2008 tho).. Hilary is just a war mongering racist and we've already had a clinton in office that espouses those same war mongering attitudes. so yea i see chomsky's support for obama not even comparable to  supporting clinton which is downright disturbing. i guess it's not exactly support but more that "less evilism" liberal tripe. fact is though anyone referring to himself as an anarchist and participating at all in the electoral system is a ridiculous to begin with.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:10 PM »
A black guy being elected President so that some black people think the system is actually working for them, is good or bad?

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 28, 2016, 12:59:25 PM »
obama is black, first black man as president of amerikkka, you're a dumb bitch if you don't see this as anything other than historical,

Who said it wasn't historic? Obviously it is. The question here is whether he is any more of a viable choice for a serious leftist than Clinton. Your position seems to be yes, because he is black, but that doesn't hold up, since he pushes the exact same neoliberal policy Clinton or another white President would push. Additionally, by your logic Clinton is just as valid a choice as Obama, since a woman being President is roughly as historic as a black man being President in the US. Finally, the other problem with this logic is it is mired in liberal identity politics - the idea that a black man being President is good in and of itself, regardless of policy. This is not the position of a serious Marxist.

so at least i can see why chomsky would support obama back during the elections ( i don't even know if he did, i haven't seen any articles written during that time endorsing him.. i have seen plenty of criticisms of obama in articles dated back to 2008 tho)..

Except his logic for supporting Obama, as I've already told you, was exactly the same as his logic for supporting Clinton: The working class would be harmed less by a Democratic administration than by a Republican administration. As for Chomsky saying the same thing about Obama:

2012: "Noam Chomsky- I agree. One has to pick the lesser of two evils, and there are substantial differences. If I were in a swing state, I'd vote against any Republican (hence necessarily for Obama)."

2008:

! No longer available[/url]

Hilary is just a war mongering racist

So is Obama.

and we've already had a clinton in office that espouses those same war mongering attitudes.

Viewing politics and policy as a matter of individual personalities rather than material forces driven by class divisions? That ain't Marxist.

so yea i see chomsky's support for obama not even comparable to  supporting clinton which is downright disturbing.

It's the exact same thing.

fact is though anyone referring to himself as an anarchist and participating at all in the electoral system is a ridiculous to begin with.

I don't agree with Chomsky's conclusion that one should vote for the Democrat as the lesser evil, but his argument makes logical sense even for an anarchist.

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 28, 2016, 01:18:32 PM »
since he pushes the exact same neoliberal policy Clinton or another white President would push.

Yea we know that now , and retrospectively it seems naive to think as a democrat he would do anything differently. but it was unprecedented at the time really, a lot of people were saying he'd have no chance to win simply because of his skin colour. so i'm not totally surprised by chomsky saying he would vote for obama in 2008, than i would be for his vote for another clinton in 2016.