Author Topic: How to play cooperatively?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline aboeing

• Critter
    • View Profile
How to play cooperatively?
« on: February 10, 2024, 10:21:07 AM »
Hi,
Is it possible to setup a multiplayer cooperative campaign or to play as teams with humans vs AI? (e.g. two humans in a team, playing against an AI opponent?)

If so, how do you do this?

I saw a post mention 'melee mode' and 'select computer', but I don't see these options when I create a game. I can only choose to have a player be  'open/closed'; there is no AI/computer option.

Thanks!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: How to play cooperatively?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 12:24:16 PM »
you need host melee to play with your friend vs AI
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 07:45:00 PM »
Game Type: melee

Team Color (on the far left), in this example yellow VS red

Campaign is possible too online, i never tried it though. Someone else may be able to answer
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 07:47:17 PM by fois »

Offline aboeing

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 08:30:09 PM »
Awesome, thanks fois!

Is there a way to adjust the difficulty of the computer AI? (I want it to be easier)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 12:55:55 PM »
you can make them a little smarter if you enable rebalance mode
but making them easier probably not
default comps are already stupid enough that even most of new players are completely dominating them
especially in 1v1 game vs comp
you can just try to play more games and after some time you will see that comps always doing same things, becoz they basically have same AI on most maps
so just try play 150-200 games and you suddenly will find out that you already completely dominating comps even in 1v7 game

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 09:02:48 AM »
Awesome, thanks fois!

Is there a way to adjust the difficulty of the computer AI? (I want it to be easier)

You can check the war2 Combat edition installer again and in this section where you can either select 4 base game campaigns, szwagier AI hard mod OR AIs enhanced for custom maps.

I think this last option allows to play against stronger computers in multiplayer, but both players have to install that same war2 combat edition mode.

The comps are definetely harder, yet i haven't checked them out completely.

That mod contains several maps i didnt see before. It was made by Rotonda I think and its stated on that option through the installing process.

I was requested to make a CO-OP from one of my war2 single plyer mods. From either Insane Edition or Road of heroes mods.

https://gamebanana.com/members/submissions/mods/1738346

You can follow up my streaming channels if wanna see the progress about this potential co-op mod in the future.