Author Topic: Been a long time...  (Read 8 times)

Offline CaNNy

• Critter
    • View Profile
Been a long time...
« on: Today at 01:53:27 PM »
Use to play this game a long time ago, over 20 years ago.  Loved the shit out of it.  Wasn't the best, but could hold my own.  Can't remember the names of the top players it's been so long.  Remember was in a group called Team Canada back in the day, great players in that group.

Some reason the YouTube Channel Warcraft 2 showed up on my feed and watched some videos.  Got me thinking about coming back to play. 

So generally, just wondering how to get back into this game.  Willing to give it another shot, from what I remember it was a lot of fun wasting many hours playing this thing.

Downloaded War2Combat.  Is the HD patch needed?  How's the level of play?  Are there many new players?  Players like me that come back?

Think it's great this game is still alive.

Appreciate any feedback...

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Been a long time...
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:04:19 PM »
Hey and welcome back! HD patch is not needed, but makes the game feel a lot better as it's not so "zoomed in" as you can see more like in modern games. There is some new and comeback players from time to time, but most of the community is veteran players who play semi actively so the skill level is high.