Author Topic: Sell the server?  (Read 14106 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: Sell the server?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 06:01:46 PM »
We have sold the server to a wealthy Saudi investor.

Same guy you follow behind in your full body abaya?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline xboi209

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »
We have sold the server to a wealthy Saudi investor.
Good thing you didn't take the offer from the nigerian prince.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 07:53:03 PM »
The server is not for sale. If it ever goes for sale or leaves iL's hands I will take it over or create my own which has been active for over 6 months lol.

1. The server is not for sale . False
2. If it ever leaves il hands I will
Take over it. False
3. Or create me own . False

Number two and number three actually contradicted each other.

That and the fact that every other project that you have ever said that you have done or are going to do you have never ever completed....some of it you think about doing and even start doing but you never actually finish any of them .

Just another dream in your delusional world

#delusional lando

Sent from my iPhone using Warcraft Chat 2.12

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 07:53:46 PM »
arabist
myst is persian!

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:50 PM »
Nothing new about that, still dont want to sell the server?

I mean, it's obvious nobody cares of this server anymore in that staff.

Should just get rid of it and sell it to someone who will bring this server to the next level.

somewhat this^

things that shouldn't be allowed that i nearly got laughed at for bringing up with them :

-watchers killing watchers. they said it's hard to police without proof, i tell them i have proof, they go quiet. precedents need to be set. of course we all understand this so what this means is those in charge simply don't care. so every time i watch i need to kill other watchers before they kill me? sound solution. eventually there's peon conflict in the middle of the map, then perhaps no watchers, etc. i have seen this a lot lately both as a player and a watcher.

-routinely unpausing pausers. see above.

most of the answers even from admins i hear have to do with this being a 20-year old dying game. what a convenient statement. how about that gaming has never been as big as it is right now especially blizzard? not to mention the world is always growing in pop. sure, it would take some work but with the right team sharing the efforts it's doable. this game could be much healthier with 5x the pool and it wouldn't take long.

i uploaded two-ish well-formatted quality vids per day on youtube for over one month. i guarantee within six months the channel would've had a few thousand subscribers and even 10% of those brought into the game would've been huge. of course, there are other streamers too.

one response i received was that to be fair most players only care about themselves. no shit? and should the admins be expected the same? should they be expected contribute to forum trolling from suspected hackers? it's a total joke.

i don't expect every player to be robin hood but some respect would be nice simply in the form of not regularly violating the above plus a few more. i decided last Friday would be my last game until there is a major server change. let someone run it who cares a bit more and has more time. i'll gladly volunteer to help. this game is cool and could be a lot more fun.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:04 PM »
The server is not for sale. If it ever goes for sale or leaves iL's hands I will take it over or create my own which has been active for over 6 months lol.

Take over it. False

That and the fact that every other project that you have ever said that you have done or are going to do you have never ever completed....some of it you think about doing and even start doing but you never actually finish any of them .

#delusional lando

:'( it misses me almost been 90 days since ive actually played war2.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 10:25:15 PM »
Nothing new about that, still dont want to sell the server?

I mean, it's obvious nobody cares of this server anymore in that staff.

Should just get rid of it and sell it to someone who will bring this server to the next level.

somewhat this^

things that shouldn't be allowed that i nearly got laughed at for bringing up with them :

-watchers killing watchers. they said it's hard to police without proof, i tell them i have proof, they go quiet. precedents need to be set. of course we all understand this so what this means is those in charge simply don't care. so every time i watch i need to kill other watchers before they kill me? sound solution. eventually there's peon conflict in the middle of the map, then perhaps no watchers, etc. i have seen this a lot lately both as a player and a watcher.

-routinely unpausing pausers. see above.

most of the answers even from admins i hear have to do with this being a 20-year old dying game. what a convenient statement. how about that gaming has never been as big as it is right now especially blizzard? not to mention the world is always growing in pop. sure, it would take some work but with the right team sharing the efforts it's doable. this game could be much healthier with 5x the pool and it wouldn't take long.

i uploaded two-ish well-formatted quality vids per day on youtube for over one month. i guarantee within six months the channel would've had a few thousand subscribers and even 10% of those brought into the game would've been huge. of course, there are other streamers too.

one response i received was that to be fair most players only care about themselves. no shit? and should the admins be expected the same? should they be expected contribute to forum trolling from suspected hackers? it's a total joke.

i don't expect every player to be robin hood but some respect would be nice simply in the form of not regularly violating the above plus a few more. i decided last Friday would be my last game until there is a major server change. let someone run it who cares a bit more and has more time. i'll gladly volunteer to help. this game is cool and could be a lot more fun.

Listen, i just told to one of the main admin he aint doing shit on his own server and instead to answer something brillan he made a Big shitty post about Yoshy Land.

In ten years that dude never made something like that for his own server warcraft.

What can we expect from this kind of staff.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 10:27:33 PM »
the reasons not for policing that stuff has nothing at all to do with this being an old game and everything to do with we, as a community, have always decided not to police that stuff.  blizzard never did and the vast majority of players never wanted to.  you would seriously want to ban people from the server for fucking around as a watcher?  ban them from your games maybe, from the server is so extreme and i wouldn't want to do that personally

would have if what?  if you didnt stop?  if we were banning watchers for killing each other?  idgi, what's stopping that from happening if it's actually going to happen

your impression of the problems with the server seem a very long way from the actual problems.  think of it like this, someone does watch your youtube videos and goes to log on.  they join a game and it's pros who ask s9? and they don't know and get banned, or they say 30k because they saw someone say it in a vid of yours, but then they suck, get wrecked, and banned if they rejoin.  or they get told to watch and start building, so they get cursed out and everyone is mad because they ruined the game.  banned.  the only games they can find are custom trash maps or pros who are on a completely different level from them, so they log off.  and THEN the next newb sees your vid and joins only to have the same issue

that's a problem.

you getting mad because a watcher killed you when you were watching... that's between you and him, or you and the hosts who allow that guy into your games.  thats not something that matters to a new player or for the growth of the server.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:34:25 PM by Chairman Blid »

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:21 PM »
the reasons not for policing that stuff has nothing at all to do with this being an old game and everything to do with we, as a community, have always decided not to police that stuff.  blizzard never did and the vast majority of players never wanted to.  you would seriously want to ban people from the server for fucking around as a watcher?  ban them from your games maybe, from the server is so extreme and i wouldn't want to do that personally

the choice is yours that's fine. if i were in charge i would never ban over this. i would however suspend. a precedent needs to be set. otherwise the correct play is to start killing watchers before they kill me as well as ban them from my ready screens. this divides the community.

would have if what?  if you didnt stop?  if we were banning watchers for killing each other?  idgi, what's stopping that from happening if it's actually going to happen

i'm no longer doing that for a community that doesn't look out for the best interest of the player.

your impression of the problems with the server seem a very long way from the actual problems.  think of it like this, someone does watch your youtube videos and goes to log on.  they join a game and it's pros who ask s9? and they don't know and get banned, or they say 30k because they saw someone say it in a vid of yours, but then they suck, get wrecked, and banned if they rejoin.  or they get told to watch and start building, so they get cursed out and everyone is mad because they ruined the game.  banned.  the only games they can find are custom trash maps or pros who are on a completely different level from them, so they log off.  and THEN the next newb sees your vid and joins only to have the same issue

i've thought about that. SOME % of signups from such traffic will successfully infiltrate the community. promoting the game is better than not, i know we agree on that. signups are the first step and the vital one. regardless of who or what (my video) makes a portion of them walk away. if an admin bothered to look at my videos you would see they all start with two seconds left at the ready screen at the earliest. there is no s9 booting being shown.

even if only a fraction of each signup sticks to the game for awhile the community moves in the right direction. high signup rate is the whole deal. you're absolutely right, getting them to stay takes a lot more work. that's not an easy solve. optimizing signup is the first step to overcoming it though, volume.

i can't promote a game if i'm recording and watchers are killing me. why would i care to promote a game (which is a bunch of work) when at least half of the admins give me a very clear impression they don't care. want signups to stick around? order needs to be returned. of course i don't have the quick answer to that part of the problem. i do know without a better attitude from some of those in charge nothing can be solved. the idea that the game is dying so just enjoy it. that implies it's completely out of their hands. in my book, that equates to not caring enough to be an admin.

you getting mad because a watcher killed you when you were watching... that's between you and him, or you and the hosts who allow that guy into your games.  thats not something that matters to a new player or for the growth of the server.

no banning, simply a suspension precedent or even a warning.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 11:59:20 PM »

Take over it. False

#delusional lando

:'( it misses me almost been 90 days since ive actually played war2.

Rofl who are you lying to ?
Us or yourself?

#embarrasment

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 12:48:56 AM »
You can't ban a watcher for killing another watcher.... Just plain ban him from your games/further watching. Problem solved.
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 01:03:58 AM »
Why didn't I think of that?

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 01:32:01 AM »

the choice is yours that's fine. if i were in charge i would never ban over this. i would however suspend. a precedent needs to be set. otherwise the correct play is to start killing watchers before they kill me as well as ban them from my ready screens. this divides the community.

i'm no longer doing that for a community that doesn't look out for the best interest of the player.

i've thought about that. SOME % of signups from such traffic will successfully infiltrate the community. promoting the game is better than not, i know we agree on that. signups are the first step and the vital one. regardless of who or what (my video) makes a portion of them walk away. if an admin bothered to look at my videos you would see they all start with two seconds left at the ready screen at the earliest. there is no s9 booting being shown.

even if only a fraction of each signup sticks to the game for awhile the community moves in the right direction. high signup rate is the whole deal. you're absolutely right, getting them to stay takes a lot more work. that's not an easy solve. optimizing signup is the first step to overcoming it though, volume.

i can't promote a game if i'm recording and watchers are killing me. why would i care to promote a game (which is a bunch of work) when at least half of the admins give me a very clear impression they don't care. want signups to stick around? order needs to be returned. of course i don't have the quick answer to that part of the problem. i do know without a better attitude from some of those in charge nothing can be solved. the idea that the game is dying so just enjoy it. that implies it's completely out of their hands. in my book, that equates to not caring enough to be an admin.

no banning, simply a suspension precedent or even a warning.
Dude I've tried it all before , majority of the admin don't want the server to grow that's the problem . No use giving them ideas on how to get new players when they don't want any . Look at lightbringer- if your a new player he bans your ip .

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 07:42:53 AM »
well im starting back!not really played since 2008 :o humans are better yall all know that right?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:49:31 AM by easycompany »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 08:23:13 AM »
Who even fucks around like that as a watcher?  I can only think of PB haha.  Most people will not allow some rando who fucks around as a watcher into their games if they know about it, but if it's someone they do know and like that's screwing around, I can only imagine the butt saltiness if that person were to be suspended.