Author Topic: Introducing WarMapper, a worldwide map of the War2 Community  (Read 68504 times)

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing WarMapper, a worldwide map of the War2 Community
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2015, 01:08:32 PM »
While your on the subject blid...you should at least put a notice in war2bne to change passwords.

Done...

I just want my own account back

As long as I am admin on warcraft2, this will never ever happen. Just to state it alternatively, even if blid, il or whoever agreed to it, I will keep locking your accounts until they boot me out of admin.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:11:01 PM by Lightbringer- »
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »
MAN THE FUCK UP. ADMIT IT. You admitted it to me online.
yeah, ive seen that convo. What do the IP logs say about the winbotter? & stolen accounts?

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »
They were all using the same IP.
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »
guy's retarded then. still better than equinox, because his posts are coherent, but the story would give me insta brain cancer if i was to believe it

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2015, 01:29:45 PM »

guy's retarded then. still better than equinox, because his posts are coherent, but the story would give me insta brain cancer if i was to believe it

EQ doesn't have the brain power to pull something like this off.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »
Putting up a channel notice for people to change their passwords isn't a particularly useful course of action. For one thing, only people who registered on war2.me AND used the same password were at risk. For another, those people would have to actually log in and see the message for it to make a difference, and most of them probably haven't in the last couple weeks because the game is currently so inactive.

If you truly want to benefit the community Archer, take down your stupid, privacy-invading website, which is just another attention-getting stunt on your part. It serves no functional purpose -- now that iL is back I'm sending him war2.me's database, which he'll cross reference with ru's to find the remaining affected accounts (if any), the passwords will be changed, and that will be the end of it. You (or, the alleged "anonymous programmer(s)", if you prefer) will have no further access, influence or leverage of any kind, and your brief stint in the limelight will be over. Time to move on.
squeak!

Offline WarMapper

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »
Putting up a channel notice for people to change their passwords isn't a particularly useful course of action. For one thing, only people who registered on war2.me AND used the same password were at risk. For another, those people would have to actually log in and see the message for it to make a difference, and most of them probably haven't in the last couple weeks because the game is currently so inactive.

If you truly want to benefit the community Archer, take down your stupid, privacy-invading website, which is just another attention-getting stunt on your part. It serves no functional purpose -- now that iL is back I'm sending him war2.me's database, which he'll cross reference with ru's to find the remaining affected accounts (if any), the passwords will be changed, and that will be the end of it. You (or, the alleged "anonymous programmer(s)", if you prefer) will have no further access, influence or leverage of any kind, and your brief stint in the limelight will be over. Time to move on.

Please, mouse, dont be stupid, lets walk thru your "plan" logically real quick.

1. Your going to cross reference war2.me to war2.ru databases to see which accounts match, and have the same password. Easy enough to do, but pointless ... keep reading to see why
2. Then your going to LOCK ALL THOSE ACCOUNTS, which will scare off the players, and create a HUGE administrative burden (were talking about ~2,900 accounts that could potentially be locked)
3. Once ~2,900 accounts have been locked, those players will begin flooding in with UNLOCK Support Requests (more admin burden)

Then once people request to be unlocked, you literally HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THEIR TRUE IDENTITY

So anyone can post a request "I'm so-and-so and need my account unlocked. I've never made a forum account before, and you know nothing about me. Can I have my password now?"

Yeah, let me know how that works for you..

Instead, I say don't lock any accounts, encourage everyone to change their password ON THEIR OWN (relieving admin burden by HUGE amount), and only have to handle a limited # of support requests for hacked users.

Use my site to have people check if their account was leaked [Duh, functional purpose]

99% of players are going to have the same password on war2.me as they do on war2.ru, the only ones who are smart enough not to are admins because they didnt trust you with having their password and theyre smart enough to know its easily decrypted.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:57:49 PM by WarMapper »

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2015, 03:28:08 PM »

God forbid someone who's account wasn't comprised changes their password. Jeez, it takes 5 seconds, its not a big deal. Its healthy to change your password every so often anyways.

@warmapper,  what is the point in some dumb program to check if your account was compromised when in the same time you could have changed your password lol.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline WarMapper

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »

God forbid someone who's account wasn't comprised changes their password. Jeez, it takes 5 seconds, its not a big deal. Its healthy to change your password every so often anyways.

@warmapper,  what is the point in some dumb program to check if your account was compromised when in the same time you could have changed your password lol.

Unfortunately, I cannot defend my program against this argument. It is faster to just change your password then check to see if you need to change it lol!

But the map, and finding people's aka's is still fun to play with

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2015, 03:34:28 PM »
There aren't 2900 registered accounts on war2.me, and not all of them will correlate with .ru usernames. Many of them are throwaways registered by the same person, some of them by people who don't play on ru. 99% is an artificial statistic based on nothing, I anticipate it will be much lower and don't foresee this course of action being cumbersome at all. In a way it's a shame though, wc2 would surely be doing much better overall if we'd had that many unique registrations over the last couple years.

Use my site to have people check if their account was leaked [Duh, functional purpose]

A text file with the list of usernames would serve the same purpose. Your website is a gimmick.
squeak!

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »
answer my questions u fucking retard

Offline WarMapper

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »
answer my questions u fucking retard

USA-Archer[.]com/faq.php

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2015, 06:16:52 AM »
facepalm
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline war_mast3r

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
This is just so pathetic, i think i am now really done with this server and everything. Its embarrassing to even be associated with the junk that spawns everyday from this community

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2015, 09:13:42 PM »
This is just so pathetic, i think i am now really done with this server and everything. Its embarrassing to even be associated with the junk that spawns everyday from this community

Its not everyone's fault. If you like the game it should not matter what people say or think.