Author Topic: Game unplayable after reboot  (Read 4289 times)

Offline YungCoq

• Critter
    • View Profile
Game unplayable after reboot
« on: November 13, 2023, 05:06:59 PM »
So I was itching to play this classic and re-downloaded my version from GOG, but I've been having the weirdest problem.

The game runs perfectly after installation, both Enhanced and Classic editions and I can play for as long as I like.

BUT

As soon as I reboot my computer, the game becomes completely unplayable. The enhanced edition becomes a powerpoint with 1-2 seconds freezes every other second and the classic edition runs fine, but will freeze completely after 1-2 minutes.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I looked around some forums and tried everything that had to do with V-sync and graphics options, but nothing has any efect whatsoever.

I have just been uninstalling and re-installing the game whenever I want to play and using codes to get back to the mission I was at, but it's far from optimal...

Any ideas?

For info I'm running Windows 10 Home
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor                3.70 GHz
GPU : AMD Radeon 6800 XT
16 GB RAM

EDIT:

So I found a solution. Just leaving this here in case anybody has a similar problem.

Sot the solution, strangely enough, is to go to the launcher's Video Settings and Force set Presentation to Windowed EVERY TIME.

Now I odn't mean put it on Windowed and call it a day, I mean every single time you start the game, you must go in the settings, change the already Windowed setting to something else, save, then set it back to Windowed and then save again.

I'll be damned if I know why, but this works.

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 05:27:32 PM by YungCoq »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
Re: Game unplayable after reboot
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 08:49:17 PM »
You can update your renderer, the one from GOG got all kinds of issues:

get this: https://github.com/FunkyFr3sh/cnc-ddraw/releases

Extract into game folder, make sure you overwrite all files when it asks. Run the classic version. Configure your renderer via cnc-ddraw config.exe