Author Topic: tc making  (Read 49286 times)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
Re: tc making
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2016, 02:24:29 PM »
 Wondering if we can we hack the frames. I thought there was a software for it.

Maybe there is for dos

http://mikeswarcraft.8m.com/wartool.html dead link though
Entry tools 278.... I actually think I have a copy of this software in that pack I want to release. I'll check.

Sucks though for rebuilding these old tools for bne. Most of the good address for like spawning, training, magic, etc. Are not static......

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
yeah man im not sure u can be nice, almost done with swamp pal.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2016, 01:44:17 AM »
i found the PORTRAIT FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   thank god no more having to fight these tiles sets lets make grps in forest!!!!!!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2016, 01:48:42 AM »
i didnt find it   :'( so back to working on swamp cant do nothing till it stops looking like sh*t
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:33:44 AM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2016, 09:50:27 AM »
war1 is canceled!! going sc!!!well that is canceled also going forest corret colors and war2 portraits cant make the other tilesets work.

:'( :'( well its all screwed up now who ever misnamed portarait.grp  wtg  mofo war2 listfile is only 99% complete taking break gone back to maps.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:18:54 AM by easycompany »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2016, 10:23:12 AM »
war1 is canceled!! going sc!!!well that is canceled also going forest corret colors and war2 portraits cant make the other tilesets work.
Well, any results to upload from war1 project? Several .grp files?
Portrait idea failed?
All the orc units/buildings with proper colors are finished?
Would be useful to have results of your job, with some comments for future releasers if you have anything to say to them.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2016, 10:36:40 AM »
 ;D found the problem!!!!! i loaded my other .pal into  retrogrp and u cant do that when u make .pal's for a .pal!!!

what im running into is team colors arent working anymore! went to far!

that .pal is no good!!! dont even download team colors wont set.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:04:21 AM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2016, 11:12:18 AM »
ok went back to my old one!!! i just got to complicated!! couple pixels to fix shewww its all good!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:55 PM »
I got it making grps when I get home.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2016, 07:32:34 PM »
Very nice who do I have to blame for this you or mousey lol. Don't ditch the war1 project we can make it work also what list file you using I found a really good one.
Watch "My Little Pony: All-Team Organizer Mod" on YouTube

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2016, 08:36:30 PM »
Which everyone has art/other/portrait.grp that changes in forest.lol mlp tons of sprites for them.stratagus though not as good as war2 bnet.

shit naw later down the road megaman! be a cool build or shit vocaloids. snes final fantasy towns or zelda :o  we must continue  :'(

it doesnt matter still aiming for swamp and hopefully get it to work like the standard peon so its same across all tiles my forest is hacked up to work.

cleaning all this shit back up maybe that old dos .pal does work after all :P gotta go back in dos and get them :(  or find the gow2duo map so i can build all units and let paintshop get the .pal arrg i put that map somewhere on here
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:01:33 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2016, 11:04:40 PM »
i found it !!! i will see if it gives me the correct pal str8 from bnet!
 :'( :'(

it haz be haxed no use giving .grps as sprite sheets is what u target grps alone is way to much work.

anyone that wants to play with it ill be happy to tell u the ways i do mine. send a pm.

u can use grps to make sprite sheets you would want the games native .pal to get them out.

i will get there but dam dont mention forest ever to me fighting words!

currently studying this!!! before i can move foreward ....goes back into the cold basement.

http://www.alferdspritesheetunpacker.forkandbeard.co.uk/forkandBeard/apps/AlferdSpritesheetUnpacker/Download.aspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sprite sheet unpacker dam nice tool for whoever, i cant recommend my paint stuff as that varies from user to user
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````````````````````````

or a standalone vm studio with macro built in but this pc is a pos and oracle has quit working on this win7.

also trying gimp psp may just be the culprit  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:12:52 AM by easycompany »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2016, 08:17:28 PM »
Code: [Select]
Custom GFX Information

What is a GFX?

A GFX file is the file type that Warcraft II uses for all of it's images. It contains all the animations of a unit. These files are contained in MAINDAT.WAR in the DATA directory of War 2. This section will tell you to extract and edit them.

How to make Custom GFX's

To make a Custom GFX, you first need to extract the GFX file you want to edit from MAINDAT.WAR. To do this, you will need to use WarDraft. Just open it up and extract the file you want. After that, you need to extract the pallette you want to use. For Forest terrain, extract #2, for Wasteland, extract #10, for Winter, extract #18, and for Swamp, extract #438. Make sure to save them as .RGB files. If you just want to edit a unit (meaning that it isn't specifically for a certain terrain), then it doesn't matter what pallette you use (I suggest just using #2). Now, you need to use GFXConverter (which is now built into WarDraft) to convert the GFX into a BMP file for editing. Just open the GFX and pallette files and click on "Start Conversion". This should create a BMP file and a TXT file. When it asks you if you want to create a Mask file, choose no. Now, you need to use a paint program to edit the files. I use Paint Shop Pro, because it's easy to use and works good. When editing the files, depending on the pallette you are using, certain colors are different. Unless the unit you are editing are terrain specific, then you probably don't want to use those colors. Otherwise, your unit will look wrong in other terrains. Now, save it. When you are done, open up GFXConverter again. At the top, there should be 2 tags. The first one (which should already be selected), is for converting GFX's to BMP's, the second one is for converting BMP's back into GFX's. Click on the second one and choose the BMP file and TXT file you edited. After you're done, click on "Start Conversion" and it will change it back into a GFX file. Now you're done! Look at the next section to find out how to use them in the game.

How to Import a Custom GFX back into Warcraft II

If you want to use a Custom GFX that either you made or you downloaded, again, you need to have WarDraft. Open up MAINDAT.WAR and find the file that the GFX replaces. If you downloaded one from this page, the # that is in parenthesis is the offset(s) that the GFX is at (that's the # on the far left in WarDraft). Now, go to the right offset, and click on the "Import" button. A screen will come up asking you the location of the GFX and some other info. Put the location in the box (either by typeing it or using the Browse button). Now, click on the Box that says "Compress". Click on Import and then you're done.

What is a GFA file?

A GFA is almost exactly the same as a GFX. GFA is file type that War2 Alpha uses for its graphics. It is only slightly different than the GFX, but you can't even tell when you're editing them. Just read about GFX's, and you will understand GFA's.

How do I make a Custom GFA?

Making a Custom GFA is almost exactly the same as making a Custom GFX. The only difference is, that when you are in GFX Converter, to change a GFA file to a BMP, you must Choose "Alpha Standard" as the file type instead of the default "Standard". Otherwise, your bmp file will be all screwed up (it's a slightly different format than GFX's, as I said earlier). Just follow the rest of the steps for the Custom GFX, and you should be fine.

Where can I learn some more tricks on editing GFX's?

I created a much more extensive guide in Cameron's Campaign Author's Guide. It contains some extra tips on things, and more advanced explanations than here. Go under the "Graphic Editing" section.

Use this to make the .grps even says where to get the correct .pal if you need them. Also for frames, etc we can modify thay also. This is all in the welcome thread also look up the file 278 in there to.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2016, 12:33:45 AM »
slowly getting the swamp, i can handle just one tile set im still a big noob in dos.testing out gimp.

you remember that dos page with wardraft war2exed and lots of tools cant find it again :/

http://artho.com/warcraft/wctools.html found it.

wardraft opens war1 stuff also :o

going back getting all .pals im not sure how to even see .gfx files yet

ok found some stuff in options ill play around.
still no big problem getting  them in with retro well see how it goes armed with all .pals lol!
well the good news is i finally am auto!!!!!!! who wants some miscoloered grps  ;D

im just gonna have to go back to my forest custom pal and update it some reason i had most of the colors working and i cannot doit again. it just wasnt doing the basic green orcs hydra droped right in with only a few pixels  wrong from the sprite sheet and team colors can still be added.

:00000000000000000000000000 oh dam i already did it!!!!! didnt even check last night team colors are back and the orcs are green!!!!!!!!!!! continuing on!!! i suprise myself!!!

forget all the crying lol ahhh not much longer  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:50:08 AM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2016, 01:17:05 PM »
there we go  ;D lost forest and snow still is messed up at its not 100% but gained swamp and wasteland.

looks the best on orc swamp where im staying.
setup is starting to work great! just odd stuff for making the death sprites get in and some team color adding, but not to the pal grunts are so dark...

ill put the way i do sprite sheets to grp on here when i get my macro all finished...and it also just a plain keyboard covers it all

well shit on it ill teach the .pal gone to drink it needs alot of other units to test it out.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:30:26 PM by easycompany »