Author Topic: new players?  (Read 20680 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: new players?
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2017, 03:05:40 AM »
Haste and coil get used pretty frequently in games.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2017, 03:09:16 AM »
D&D is used by plenty of orc players, along with haste. Unholy Armor unfortunately isn't. I usually get it if I have plenty of gold to spare though. I always research it when playing customs like chop though. Underrated spell.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2017, 11:26:26 AM »
Most of the time a hasted dk can get the job done really well, which is why you don't see unholy armor that much.  Unholy is a dece spell though.  Heal is a really bad spell unless it's a water map or other atypical setting, in which case you can heal birds or mages and so on.  It's still usually not that worthwhile healing the knights themselves though.  That's the same sort of map where polymorph gets way more powerful too.  If you're talking the right kind of map then humans are competitive with orcs actually.  But on any open land war map it's not debatable.  They're worse and it's not close

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2017, 11:32:35 AM »
in a free for all or something, where you just sit back and defend with blizzard and then snipe units with polymorph, humans are annoying af and are pretty good

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2017, 11:32:54 AM »
@dwarfighter if you ever do feel like learning how to play with orc's simply complete the single player mission.
war2 > war3

Offline dwarfighter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »
I understand. So you are aware of human strong sides, and you also know that there are map types where they work best. It is just pure coincidence that the most straightforward and, as a consequence, the most popular map favors the orcs. That's why we are where we are, with the majority playing orcs and rare people playing humans in non-standard situations. Sherlock out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:02:51 PM by dwarfighter »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2017, 12:01:30 PM »
yeah humans are okay on the less fun settings that people dont play often

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2017, 06:08:39 PM »
i honestly wouldnt feel comfortable saying orcs are better than humans.

Here's a theory ..

Early in the game's history the benefits of lust were realized.. and they are large benefits .. at that point, people kicked humans to the curb and collectively agreed they were inferior.

The game has evolved a lot since then ... people have been playing exclusively with orcs (generally speaking) for the overwhelming majority of war2's history.

Developing game play/strategy for humans has pretty much been non-existent. Which is one of the reasons i dont think you can say with certianty humans are inferior.

Another reason is because there have been/are some TOP players who use humans against other TOP players of pretty much equal skill level... I think most would agree Viruz, Shotgun, and POSCOW are essentially evenly matched assuming they all have the same level of activity. and viruz wins with humans.

being a human actually has a couple advantages if you think about it... You spend zero time bloodlusting, which gives more time for other areas of production/expanding/defense.. invisible mage is 100% effective.. orc's haste is not always a guarantee..  and if you play humans right, it's easy to "mind fuck" your opponent. it is extremely aggrivating/stressful playing someone who does sneak attacks with knights, then evades as soon as you lust your ogres .. it takes a mental toll on the orc player.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »
being a human actually has a couple advantages if you think about it... You spend zero time bloodlusting, which gives more time for other areas of production/expanding/defense..
this is a big stretch heh

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »
ages ago there was one who feared no lust...oh how long before this hero returns :blank:

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
explain how hawk, shoelace, dugz, ruz, swift.. and others manage to compete at the same levels when they use humans.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2017, 06:45:40 PM »
it may be viruz lol ..yeah swift all the top players...theres just no way in hell i can compete physically if i had lust x20 with them,i got some human insiders but it must be shared with humans only.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »
explain how hawk, shoelace, dugz, ruz, swift.. and others manage to compete at the same levels when they use humans.
bhc-hawk: because he never went late game and had strong micro and res management early
viruz and swift: because theyre the best two players
dugs: because his game is mostly harassment early on with pscouts and towers
shoelace: this guy always played orc

anyway it's not that humans CAN'T win, i mean even jordan has beaten swift before. it's simply that they're not as good.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 07:09:58 PM »
well are they as good as they was 10 years ago?falkentyne got took out to falkenitis to bad he didnt try to mentor.

thats the good thing about new players as it was foretold in warcraft1 book of medivh to bad he chose orcs  >:( after gaining his mommy's knowledge well gone to jam ;D gotta role play with any young people make sure they go to bed by 9
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:13:26 PM by easycompany »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »
a solid human player can compete with a solid orc player just fine.. and the few videos i posted are evidence of it. *drops mic*