Author Topic: Official War2.ru Ladder HALL OF FAME  (Read 23081 times)

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Official War2.ru Ladder HALL OF FAME
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2016, 01:54:26 AM »
Being good at war2 is like being the Jesse Owens or Carl Lewis of sprinting. Great in their eras but would get mauled by today's competiton. An entirely different affair.
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 10:43:11 AM »
I equate it more or less like the NFL.  Any Wide Receiver or QB today would get absolutely destroyed in a game from 20 years ago.  Take Dan Marino for example,  arguably one of the best passers during a period where QBs could get slaughtered fairly.  Not like today where if you look at them wrong you are causing a penalty.  You just have no idea unless you actually played during those eras.  You have not so you're really just "assuming" rather than actually having "witnessed".  Maybe you've heard the term "Its a passing league now".  Or then again maybe you havent.  Well, War2 is now a Passing league,  you get to pass yourself off as the best ever without actually being so :)  You're like the Ganz of War2 Skill.  You come along after everyone left and make outrageous claims and then support those claims be beating up on the leftovers of a dying game that has zero competition level left.  Pretty much like he did with the ladder,  after everyone left and thinking no one would notice, he padded his stats and then makes outrageous claims against them :)  You're also playing against father time.  Most of the players from those days are now my age.  They have the same physical issues any other human has at this age,  think slower, react slower, slower motor skills, etc.  The good competition now are mostly older players that rely upon knowledge rather than physical capabilities.  Like Payton Manning being relegated to "Game Manager" and keeping up with the new kids using just his experience.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:50:28 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 10:47:41 AM »
1997 - 2002,  Prime of War2.  Swift you were still playing with oil tankers thinking they were the best units at that time.  Once everyone left,  you became arguably one of the best 5 players.  Place yourself in war2 around 1999 -2000 and you wouldnt even break tier 69 let alone tier 1.  The competition when War2 had literally thousands of games going at the same time over many different kali servers was easily the best there has ever been and there will never be anything like it ever again unless war2 magically gains a million players once again.

Rofl, you stupid scrub lance. Such ignorance from you isn't the least bit suprising. You have no idea what you are talking about. You, like most of the old schoolers, are completely behind the times. Oil Tankers are the peons of the sea. They are a highly underutilized unit. And that's all I've got to say about that, so I don't know what your problem is with Tankers but you shut your scrub mouth up.
Good post.  Of course I've said that all along, why, back in the late 90s I sometimes played under the name TankerGuy420 and let me tell you, with my exploitation of oil tankers nary a man could challenge me on the open seas.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »
1997 - 2002,  Prime of War2.  Swift you were still playing with oil tankers thinking they were the best units at that time.  Once everyone left,  you became arguably one of the best 5 players.  Place yourself in war2 around 1999 -2000 and you wouldnt even break tier 69 let alone tier 1.  The competition when War2 had literally thousands of games going at the same time over many different kali servers was easily the best there has ever been and there will never be anything like it ever again unless war2 magically gains a million players once again.

Rofl, you stupid scrub lance. Such ignorance from you isn't the least bit suprising. You have no idea what you are talking about. You, like most of the old schoolers, are completely behind the times. Oil Tankers are the peons of the sea. They are a highly underutilized unit. And that's all I've got to say about that, so I don't know what your problem is with Tankers but you shut your scrub mouth up.
Good post.  Of course I've said that all along, why, back in the late 90s I sometimes played under the name TankerGuy420 and let me tell you, with my exploitation of oil tankers nary a man could challenge me on the open seas.

Lol you crack me up Blid :)  My name was TrannyForLife,  I was wondering who the f*k that TankerGuy420 dude was who was always wrecking me!  ;)
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
I equate it more or less like the NFL.  Any Wide Receiver or QB today would get absolutely destroyed in a game from 20 years ago.  Take Dan Marino for example,  arguably one of the best passers during a period where QBs could get slaughtered fairly.  Not like today where if you look at them wrong you are causing a penalty.  You just have no idea unless you actually played during those eras.  You have not so you're really just "assuming" rather than actually having "witnessed".  Maybe you've heard the term "Its a passing league now".  Or then again maybe you havent.  Well, War2 is now a Passing league,  you get to pass yourself off as the best ever without actually being so :)  You're like the Ganz of War2 Skill.  You come along after everyone left and make outrageous claims and then support those claims be beating up on the leftovers of a dying game that has zero competition level left.  Pretty much like he did with the ladder,  after everyone left and thinking no one would notice, he padded his stats and then makes outrageous claims against them :)  You're also playing against father time.  Most of the players from those days are now my age.  They have the same physical issues any other human has at this age,  think slower, react slower, slower motor skills, etc.  The good competition now are mostly older players that rely upon knowledge rather than physical capabilities.  Like Payton Manning being relegated to "Game Manager" and keeping up with the new kids using just his experience.

I did play during a good portion of that era actually, so screw off nerd. I started in 2000 and watched most of the best players in that timeframe, which you weren't one of. They all absolutely sucked. Not as bad you though. They just didnt understand that you need to build your fleet from the ground up. You understood even less than that. They were too inpatient to take the needed time to build a solid foundation on the sea. You were dead before you even had the chance to make your first Oil Tanker. As soon as they got their ship yard and foundry up they went right for Destroyers and Jugs. Meanwhile, before they even had time to exhaust their starting  oil I would have a solid 40-50 Tankers depleting the sea of all its natural resources and 12-15 ship yards continually, without pause, pumping a healthy variety of ships, both above the sea and under it, and have every single island blockaded with a circle of ships covering every piece of land on each island that was exposed to the sea. Barely passed the two minute surrender phase of the game, this is where the likes of your old school greats would admit defeat and proclaiming me the best they ever saw or faced. I was menacing. They couldn't get their eyes past my legions of combat ships crowded across the vast open seas to see what truly made me unstoppable - my countless Tankers supplying endless amounts of sea gold.

Even now I feel like nobody gets it. In this heated argument, only Blid truly understands.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »
I would always bust a gut laughing when some poor fool would send a lone tanker out to build a platform on his nearest patch of oil, only to find I've already got a tanker sitting there chilling, and another one on every other patch in town.  I don't know why I found that so funny, but I did.  And hell, I still do!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 12:06:45 PM »
[in soup nazi voice] No oil for you!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »

[in soup nazi voice] No oil for you!

[emoji29]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 03:02:29 PM »
You're like the Ganz of War2 Skill.  You come along after everyone left and make outrageous claims and then support those claims be beating up on the leftovers of a dying game that has zero competition level left.  Pretty much like he did with the ladder,  after everyone left and thinking no one would notice, he padded his stats and then makes outrageous claims against them :) 

Nice theory but its easily disproven. All my games are recorded in my gold account and out of the 1000 ladder games I played, ONLY 7 were played AFTER 1999, 13 were from 1999 and the other 980 games were from 1998 or older. You are telling me the game was dead in 1998 on kali? Your funny.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 05:07:58 PM »
Blid's extended crush on Swift is one of the funnier (if not the funniest) subplots around this community

just sayin'

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »
Well I'll be, if it ain't ol' TK.  Didn't think that feller'd have the gall to show his face around these here parts, what after swift posted thousands of dollars online to win an internet argument.  Where does a guy like that get off saying I have a crush on swift?  *big belly laugh* What, just because I love oil tankers like any competent War2 admiral would?  Or because I acknowledge that he's the best player instead of living steeped in denial, navel gazing about a rose-tinted past?  Or because I begrudgingly admit that he never hacked ever in his life, even the times he was caught hacking on purpose, instead of keeping up that tired old smear campaign?  A crush, can't say I see it, I don't reckon.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:28:39 PM by Chairman Blid »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2016, 06:53:09 PM »
10 years of hacking secretly and keep call him best player.

Please blid go hang yourself.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »
Blid @ not funny

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2016, 09:11:34 PM »
10 years of hacking secretly and keep call him best player.

Please blid go hang yourself.

You call yourself the best after 15 years of hacking, so if blid should be hanging himself for a 10 year claim, then you should carve "Im a fucking retard" all over your body till you bleed out.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2016, 05:07:41 AM »
I find it a little odd that my student lone has been nominated but not myself. And how can legolas be under review if he's barley better than me because he tries harder? I don't know about yall, but there's one war2 i remember, and it goes a little something like this.
"There is no wc2 without yamon" - Kb-gogo ( one of the most relevant gow pub stompers ever, beating swift numerous times for lolz)
and of course this is the era that everyone will never let swift live down even though he wants to forget it

and for the record, if no one knows who gogo is, chances are if you're reading this, she's better than you ever were.

I'd be parding swift in a game vs gogo, and i'd be like wait swift is dead?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:20:29 AM by Yamon »