Author Topic: Our current ladder and his own issues!  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Our current ladder and his own issues!
« on: November 15, 2016, 08:09:04 AM »
I see another thread about Elo Ladder and i dont really think its something benefic for us.

I think our actual ladder is good for the game we play but with some issues that maybe we can fix.

I really like the fact that our actual ladder not let you climb in the ladder untill you beat someone over you.

But what i hate is the fact you can lose 8 games against the same guy and beat him once and get over 50 other players for this loneless win.

I think we need to fix that and actually let peoples climb in the ladder when you win a bo3!

I think it will be more accurate and will be harder to abuse.

I also know #1 and #2 have to do bo3 for the #1 rank, so maybe just bring it to BO5 and let other peoples in the ladder fight for bo3.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Our current ladder and his own issues!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
I see another thread about Elo Ladder and i dont really think its something benefic for us.
very good, thats where i stopped reading. pay no attention to the additional column of the ladder. Business as usual

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:08 AM »
I think we need to fix that and actually let peoples climb in the ladder when you win a bo3!

I think it will be more accurate and will be harder to abuse.

I also know #1 and #2 have to do bo3 for the #1 rank, so maybe just bring it to BO5 and let other peoples in the ladder fight for bo3.

hm, that seems like a nice idea. People who know more about ladder than me, weigh in
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »
I don't hate it but I don't think it's worth making the change, perhaps because I don't think the ladder is being "abused" as is.  I do think a bo3 is (obviously) more reflective than just playing one game, and playing three games doesn't take too long overall.  But I do think there's something to be said for keeping it simple.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:31:42 AM »
I don't hate it but I don't think it's worth making the change, perhaps because I don't think the ladder is being "abused" as is.  I do think a bo3 is (obviously) more reflective than just playing one game, and playing three games doesn't take too long overall.  But I do think there's something to be said for keeping it simple.

You dont think peoples abuse of the ladder??? Everyone abuse of the ladder right now... Most of medium players and even the pro players try to play me or spb cuz we are always the weakest player in top 5.

So they climb the ladder by trying to beat us once or twice while they avoid the real top actual players.

Most of time peoples gonna climb because they own 1 game over 7 loses, it just make no sens, if we can bring that to bo3 most of peoples not gonna climb anymore since they cant win more then 2 games.

Wich gonna bring us a more accurate ladder and whats its gonna be better for player whos play less.

Someone who play 50 games a day and win 2 game against startale after 6 loss gonna cimb better then that guys who has only play and win 4 games against knitter by exemple.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:34:02 AM by Equinox »

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 12:34:45 PM »
Hi all,

as I recently saw the source code for the ladder, I can remark you that implementing the bo3 strategy is not so simple!
Also I think that going for a bo3 would make the ladder even less dynamic than what currently is.
People would need to wait until for ever in order to get pushed to the higher rankings.
And if a top player loses 1 game and then disappears you will never get your 2nd one...

Ladder is already promoting inactivity as the moment you reach the top you are safe.
This would make it even worse...

My personal opinion is that ladder should become something like a championship. Every year we reward the first 3 on the ladder! Then we reset it!
This way people will keep playing in order to defend their titles!

Cheers

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »
Hi all,

as I recently saw the source code for the ladder, I can remark you that implementing the bo3 strategy is not so simple!
Also I think that going for a bo3 would make the ladder even less dynamic than what currently is.
People would need to wait until for ever in order to get pushed to the higher rankings.
And if a top player loses 1 game and then disappears you will never get your 2nd one...

Ladder is already promoting inactivity as the moment you reach the top you are safe.
This would make it even worse...

My personal opinion is that ladder should become something like a championship. Every year we reward the first 3 on the ladder! Then we reset it!
This way people will keep playing in order to defend their titles!

Cheers

No.

Peoples gonna need to start getting better if they want to climb on the ladder, to ez to get on top 10, ive been top 10 for the last 3 month and i dont even play, its way too much ez getting on top 10, everything your trying to do is corrupting the ladder for newbs peoples, i understand your trying to find a way to bring those new players keep comming in here.

But corrupted our actual ladder with all the non sens idea your dropping is a joke.

Nobody need your shitty elo systeme cuz its fucking mean nothing!

Lets take a look to the top 10 elo player right now.

12   Augustinus   188 - 31   -1   7   1594   2016-11-13
43   a1HOT Streak!   49 - 19   15   25   1556   2016-11-14
2   u8t3io3p   829 - 360   4   1   1535   2016-11-14
23   HousekeeperHOT Streak!   59 - 14   11   15   1511   2016-11-12
47   d0ng3rdikHOT Streak!   19 - 4   6   47   1511   2016-11-13
14   slacher   870 - 589   3   1   1455   2016-11-14
11   Sepi   205 - 113   4   2   1448   2016-11-15
21   OuinTheLegend   446 - 442   -1   15   1443   2016-11-14
18   BHC-JesK   1388 - 566   -1   1   1440   2016-11-13
3   00LoganHOT Streak!   201 - 107   5   2   1439   2016-11-14

A1, Housekeeper, dongerdick, ouinthelegend, have climb in top ten by playing total trash, how the fuck do we cares to know those 4 player got an high elo?

Is that elo they have give any information about the difference between me and them?? Absolutly not i fucking beat those 4 guys 3 fingers in the nose dude.

Your elo thing is a fucking joke, and now your trying to discredit a real USEFULL IDEA thats gonna bring the ladder more accurate then your shitty fake elo systeme.

Im sorry but i dont like you anymore.

Useless men who try to be someone with useless dumb idea.

You actually look like tora to be honnest, a useless big piece of shit  :fro:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:53:58 PM by Equinox »

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »
Calm down Equinox, no player yet has passed the provisional ELO period.
If you think you can win these guys, go play them!
Every victory you do gives you almost 64ELO points and removes it from them!

Assuming you are better than them it will take you ~10 games (because of degradation of difference) for you to pass their ELO.

The only thing you are saying is that the ELO actually works: Among the players that are active the best ones have got a good score!
Also I know that Yamon reached around there but now it seems he lost a few games and he is low on ELO.
This is normal in the start of the ELO.

Also you are looking at the ELO in a wrong way! ELO is not a system to tell you the top ten players!
ELO IS NOT A LADDER SYSTEM.

Happy gaming

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 01:01:21 PM »
Calm down Equinox, no player yet has passed the provisional ELO period.
If you think you can win these guys, go play them!
Every victory you do gives you almost 64ELO points and removes it from them!

Assuming you are better than them it will take you ~10 games (because of degradation of difference) for you to pass their ELO.

The only thing you are saying is that the ELO actually works: Among the players that are active the best ones have got a good score!
Also I know that Yamon reached around there but now it seems he lost a few games and he is low on ELO.
This is normal in the start of the ELO.

Also you are looking at the ELO in a wrong way! ELO is not a system to tell you the top ten players!
ELO IS NOT A LADDER SYSTEM.

Happy gaming

WTF??? I dont fucking play trash dude, wtf you talk about???? I dont even have  time to play this game anymore, so when i com, i certainly not com to play useless trash and hoping to get a better elo.

And even if i want , nobody in those trash player will play me because they totally know they gonna get destroy.

WTF are you an idiot dude? thats why elo systeme is not good here, you dont seem to understand that fact, ELO SYSTEME DONT WORK IF YOU CHOOSE YOUR OPPONNENTS.

Elo systeme is for AUTO MANAGING GAME WHO GONNA SEEK AND CHOOSE THE BEST OPPONENT IN OUR ACTUAL ELO RANGE, AND BY BEATHING THOSE PLAYER IN THE SAME ELO RANGE AS YOU, THE SYSTEME GONNA BRING YOU AGAINST BETTER ELO PLAYER OR THE INVESE WORST ELO PLAYER IF YOU LOSE TOO MUCH.

Your SYSTEME IS total shit and can be control by the player HIMSELF... People are already expert in dodging, your just gonna bring more dodge and more abuse.

Your an idiot, you asbsolutly dont understand how elo work, you just have one thing to understkand, ELO MEAN NOTHING IF THE GAME DONT CHOOSE OPPONENT FOR YOU.

Its a waste of time and gonna ruin the game more then he already is. GTFO of my thread now, dont want to ear you anymore with your shitty wikipedia text you dont understand and copy past here.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:05:07 PM by Equinox »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »
Fucking useless details everywhere BUT NOTHING FUCKING CONCRETE.

CAN WE JUST FUCKING HAVE A REAL LADDER FIRST Instead of losing OUR TIME with SHITTY NON SENS DETAILS?&???!!!

Thats what i mean by admins are doing fucking bad decision.

Every fucking time, Every fucking day.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:09:04 PM by Equinox »

Offline Meck

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »
So, didn't read the whole thread, but does the ladder auto drop rank after a certain amount of inactivity? Top 1-15 should be required to stay more active to maintain. Maybe even apply it to all ranks and weight it.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 09:45:58 PM »
no. it's all manual. it takes a complaint and evidence to back the complaint before any demoting takes place.

Offline Meck

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Our current ladder and his own issues!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 10:04:47 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.  Just saying. I definitely save money because my bank will deduct $5 after 30 days of inactivity. If the potential reward is implemented for maintaining a ladder position, auto demoting at some level could be the impetus for action.