Poll

How long should Yamon be banned for?

1 week
4 (26.7%)
1 month
1 (6.7%)
3 months
0 (0%)
Lifetime (and perhaps any unlikely progeny as well)
5 (33.3%)
He does not ruin the community by hacking, smurfing, trolling, insulting, discing, or bsing, and should not be banned.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 18, 2017, 07:19:09 PM

Author Topic: x  (Read 40634 times)

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Orochimaru[rA] dodges ss, unpauses repeatedly
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »
Hi all,

lets be clear. I've Never been caught hacking before Ever, because i have never hacked before.

The following is a part from Yamon's post at the discussion of Lethal~Viruz refusing to take an SS.

This began as a non-personal for me, and it still remains non-personal. I helped viruz fix his hosting just a few weeks ago for free ( or attempted to, i can't remember if i fixed it or not), and i did so happily. I think he's an intelligent young lad and i admire him. And i actually like him. I'm not trying to be mean or "spread hate" by a simple ss request. My student Lone has asked me for ss over a dozen times, and all i do is laugh and post.

It's nothing out of the ordinary for new players to experiment with hacks, I did myself when i was new.

Sorry Yamon, but you are contradicting your self. Not that anyone cares about it, but at least try to keep on one story.

Well, there is no hard evidence that BS was asking Orochimaru for the SS. But there is hard evidence that Orochimaru responded to it by denying it.
Thus Orochimaru denied a SS. The rules are clear on that, aren't?

In Greece we have a saying: Whoever has a fly, feels the itch! In this case as Orochimaru was the only one responding he had the "fly" thus he clearly knew that the hack accusation was for him. And did what he could to dodge it.

The evidence are there.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »
There's no such thing as "character witnesses" for server rules... it's just straightforward deny a valid ss and get a temp ban. Lethal was shown denying a request saying "everyone knows me" which if people didn't know yet is not how the rules work.

i agree with the claw's summary on page one and hsi next post, I think it's the correct approach
Well, truth be told, you were probably orange or teal and she asked for ss out of spite (for not giving her vision).
Of course her vising you with her one shitty peon hidden in a corner as a watcher can be disregarded.
Your unpausing logic was flawed regardless, should have taken it anyway, even if unpaused.

the line of defense u got is that she didnt specify your name/color, which is actually a solid argument. OTOH, on the ss its clear you were responding to her requests
and how is my "logic flawed" if a u can toggle hack ( like the one u created ) map hack off when it's unpaused. how is it valid then?
if someone else unpauses, you should still take the ss, its better than nothing
some hax can be toggled off, some cant

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2017, 10:42:03 AM »
i was still never asked for an ss, and i wasn't "denying it by responding" i said "stfu" because no one knew who she was asking for an ss, and no one was paying attention. And the fact that i responded and somehow became responsible for posting an ss is an invalid argument, because even hypothetically, which it isn't, i still didn't know i was being asked to take an ss BECAUSE NO ONE ASKED ME FOR AN SS.

And if taking the ss is better than nothing ( had i even been asked ) then what's the point in pausing the game at all ever?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:44:29 AM by Yamon »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »
If it's not paused it's easier for a hacker to toggle the hack and bs their way past the request, that's why we pause.  But you might still catch them and there's nothing that says because the game isn't paused or because someone is unpausing the game then the request doesn't count.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2017, 10:46:47 AM »
Hi all,

lets be clear. I've Never been caught hacking before Ever, because i have never hacked before.

The following is a part from Yamon's post at the discussion of Lethal~Viruz refusing to take an SS.

This began as a non-personal for me, and it still remains non-personal. I helped viruz fix his hosting just a few weeks ago for free ( or attempted to, i can't remember if i fixed it or not), and i did so happily. I think he's an intelligent young lad and i admire him. And i actually like him. I'm not trying to be mean or "spread hate" by a simple ss request. My student Lone has asked me for ss over a dozen times, and all i do is laugh and post.

It's nothing out of the ordinary for new players to experiment with hacks, I did myself when i was new.

Sorry Yamon, but you are contradicting your self. Not that anyone cares about it, but at least try to keep on one story.

Well, there is no hard evidence that BS was asking Orochimaru for the SS. But there is hard evidence that Orochimaru responded to it by denying it.
Thus Orochimaru denied a SS. The rules are clear on that, aren't?

In Greece we have a saying: Whoever has a fly, feels the itch! In this case as Orochimaru was the only one responding he had the "fly" thus he clearly knew that the hack accusation was for him. And did what he could to dodge it.

The evidence are there.

I have never hacked on ru, or a competitive game. I hacked 3 times on U.S. east in 3 world domination games when i was 13, youre a huge faggot and you're trying to conjure a fucking point, and quite frankly it is disgusting and pathetic.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
If it's not paused it's easier for a hacker to toggle the hack and bs their way past the request, that's why we pause.  But you might still catch them and there's nothing that says because the game isn't paused or because someone is unpausing the game then the request doesn't count.
it doesn't matter. I was never asked for an ss. You can't just randomly pause as a watcher and ask for an SS, and whoever responds to you is now responsible for taking an ss when they were never addressed specifically or asked for one. And if you are going to pursue an SS on such a ridiculous notion i'm going to smurf and join a bunch of games as a watcher and randomly pause and ask for ss, and whoever responds, i pretend like i accused them, post the ss, while it's unpaused and then do a /ping just for visual diversity, and then we can sit here for weeks sorting through tons of fabricated ss accusations.

If u fucking dimwhits had half a brain between you, just look at the fucking thread name " Orochimaru dodges SS ( Was never asked for one, never denied one, there is no picture of me being asked for one, or denying one ) And "unpauses repeatedly" which kyle was the one unpausing, not me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:53:11 AM by Yamon »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 11:35:54 AM »
He also only said "white ss". I havent seen the proof anywhere that Viruz in fact was white. It was just assumed.
it was 2v1, so only one opponent, it's not at all unreasonable to assume a player isn't asking his ally for ss

I agree with blid, a ss showing who specifically is being asked for ss is needed or the request has to be thrown out. many incomplete ss requests that didn't include /ping or show clearly who is being asked have been rejected in the past, the fact that this one involves a person who made a successful ss request doesn't necessarily indicate any bias.

Lethal~Viruz seems upstanding & probably doesn't hack but no one but him can know that 100%. the ss rule is nice because it allows legit players to easily demonstrate innocence with 1 second of effort. Even if someone is only requesting to be inconvenient they're only causing you 1 second of inconvenience. (that doesn't mean a troll can't have a legit suspicion though.) there's just no good reason to not take ss. the whole system depends on enforcing the right of anyone to request from anyone else at any time even if it seems harsh. at the same time, the request has to be unambiguous & verifiable from an external standpoint to prevent abuse.

It's also notable that Joe's very calm, rational post expressing his personal opinion is called "disrespectful" simply because he dares question the W2 community authority actions or lack thereof, when nothing malicious or deroggatory was said.
the responses to his post were also delivered in a calm & rational way I think, I believe the people who gave them have a right to their opinion too! There's no conspiracy here bs. no one is afraid of yamon & kyle, lol :D
squeak!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 11:43:04 AM »
I agree with blid, a ss showing who specifically is being asked for ss is needed or the request has to be thrown out. many incomplete ss requests that didn't include /ping or show clearly who is being asked have been rejected in the past, the fact that this one involves a person who made a successful ss request doesn't necessarily indicate any bias.
For the record i dont really know what i think about this situation!  The "I didnt know who she meant" is a decent first line argument but I don't know if it holds up because as the back and forth continued he must have known and still not pressed ss... so then they have to fall back on "we all thought she was just trolling" which leads me to:

Lethal~Viruz seems upstanding & probably doesn't hack but no one but him can know that 100%. the ss rule is nice because it allows legit players to easily demonstrate innocence with 1 second of effort. Even if someone is only requesting to be inconvenient they're only causing you 1 second of inconvenience.
YES.  come on people, Yamon, Lethal, etc, it's so easy to just hit a damn button.  If you both did that then we wouldnt have any of this happening now.  why dont people take ss?  why not just always hit the button?  I really don't get it

Online ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »
^^Its pride. Our user is is mainly adult children after all.
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
because i didn't know i was being asked for an ss. plain and simple.

and my point still stands amidst all of this debate, that i was NEVER asked for an ss.

she was randomly typing shit, and i replied to it, and i'm guilty by association all of a sudden

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2017, 11:48:13 AM »
tora clearly missed the part where i said she was watcher with a hidden peon, making the entire argument "i vised and he hasnt said anything" invalid
ltfan clearly missed the part where i said babyshark probably asked yamon for ss out of spite for not vising her (she had NO vision of yamon, therefore your argumentation "as a watcher they have the full scope of the map" is invalid
everyone clearly missed the hate coming from BS posts towards yamon, which further proves my ultimate wisdom

this entire shitfest comes down to the interpretation of the rules (shark didnt technically ask yamon for ss, but he kinda assumed she is and went along with it, but missed the "press ss button" part)

why dont people take ss?  why not just always hit the button?
my hax too strong for ss to catch anyway, so why bother

Online ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2017, 11:49:06 AM »
@ claw yeah I didnt read all your posts.
war2 > war3

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
my hax too strong for ss to catch anyway, so why bother
good thing you don't play. No one missed the hate though, are you kidding me?? it's so much that it's hard to tell if Poe's law is in effect or not. my guess is not though

@blid that's true but in my experience ss requests get thrown out when it's not clear who is asking who. in this case his responses could indicate 1. he knew it was for him (which is admittedly likely) or 2. someone was making nonspecific requests & pausing repeatedly and he replied with general annoyance/abuse. I would personally err on the side of burden of proof being on accuser
squeak!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2017, 04:31:15 PM »
A second issue here is that, as XuRnT pointed out, Yamon is close friends with one of the admins.
Hmm?  Which admin is friends with Yamon

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2017, 05:00:56 PM »
It's also notable that Joe's very calm, rational post expressing his personal opinion is called "disrespectful" simply because he dares question the W2 community authority actions or lack thereof,

It was a post that seemed more directed towards me and the things I posted, and I am not even a authority anymore. I don't know if disrespectful is the right word for me to choose, maybe insulted.. seem kind of like the same meaning to me idk.

"It just seems that they are finally growing tired of being crapped on and have zero recognition from the w2 community/admins.  " - greenplastic

That is the part that really got me. Seems like the majority of the post was about things I said so I took it that this part was to me as well. I just don't see why he would think that, I try to keep a good relationship and get to know every player that I can get a chance to. It was hurtful to me that 00Joe thought this about me as he is a friend of mine also.