Author Topic: Ever beat 6 comps GowBNE ef?  (Read 36453 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Ever beat 6 comps GowBNE ef?
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »
I could probably do it if I were 5 and made raxes in the back left corner of 5 so all computer units on left side of map get stuck because they won't walk around trees.. fk that noise tho.

I wanna see skill beat them, not gimmicks
lol oh you already know how good being 5 is, yeah it's good, you don't even have to make barracks in back, i was 5 when i beat the time record with ease without towering anyone.  just smith + farm 4's mine, he gets no gold and can be wiped out with a few grunts, proceed to rush 12 before he gets rolling, kill him, then hit 9.  it works.  also i was playing in signle player mode and sped up the game at times.  i also chopped the back and catted 6 some but that didnt seem worth the ffort since cats came to fight my cats
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:09:27 PM by Chairman Blid »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2016, 01:41:19 PM »
Just tried normal play w/ 2 rax/grunts.  I died, but it does seem very ez that way too.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »
Just tried normal play w/ 2 rax/grunts.  I died, but it does seem very ez that way too.

You dont need 2 rax, just one, kill your neigborg keep on dual rush 1 rax + power.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2016, 02:09:50 PM »
We don't need a dual rush 1 rax + power either, pretty sure we can do it any way we want e z.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
I can beat all 7 but this is only because I know how the AI works.  Simply make walls (not buildings) for your wallins/path blocking and the CPU will never attack you or your exp's.  Make walls walling up the paths, they get stuck and then all you have to deal with are the air AI's.  How do you deal with that?  Simple.  If you cant figure out that much, you shouldnt be calling yourself Player ;)  But if you want to beat the CPU, just use it's weakness in your favor.  Walls are your friend vs the AI.

This tactic will work regardless of the map, speed, or resources.  Beating CPU's is childs play whether its 1v1 or 1v7.  You just have to be smarter than that piece of plastic you call a keyboard ;)  If you want to do it without this tactic, then you're only in for disappointment as there is a cap to the APM in war2 which makes it very difficult if the CPU is unrestricted due to pathing issues.  The maps where pathing makes little difference will be the maps that you have major problems with (friends.pud comes to mind).  For those maps,  just surround your buildings/mines with walls instead.  Works just as good as fucking up the pathing.  But you'll need a super high APM to pull it off handling 4-7 peons at one time and keeping them making walls while keeping up in res/tech is not as easy as it sounds :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:20:41 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2016, 02:25:32 PM »
I can beat all 7 but this is only because I know how the AI works.  Simply make walls (not buildings) for your wallins/path blocking and the CPU will never attack you or your exp's.  Make walls walling up the paths, they get stuck and then all you have to deal with are the air AI's.  How do you deal with that?  Simple.  If you cant figure out that much, you shouldnt be calling yourself Player ;)  But if you want to beat the CPU, just use it's weakness in your favor.  Walls are your friend vs the AI.

This tactic will work regardless of the map, speed, or resources.  Beating CPU's is childs play whether its 1v1 or 1v7.  You just have to be smarter than that piece of plastic you call a keyboard ;)  If you want to do it without this tactic, then you're only in for disappointment as there is a cap to the APM in war2 which makes it very difficult if the CPU is unrestricted due to pathing issues.  The maps where pathing makes little difference will be the maps that you have major problems with (friends.pud comes to mind).  For those maps,  just surround your buildings/mines with walls instead.  Works just as good as fucking up the pathing.  But you'll need a super high APM to pull it off handling 4-7 peons at one time and keeping them making walls while keeping up in res/tech is not as easy as it sounds :)

Pretty loser for a win.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2016, 02:45:22 PM »
I dont believe he asked if it was pretty or not.  He simply asked if it was possible or if anyone had done it.  So, there you have it, the road to victory using the built-in game mechanics.  No brain necessary.  Thus now people understand why I say playing the CPU is like playing a car full of retards that cant escape a car with no doors.  Besides,  someone has probably already mentioned this somewhere in this 8 page novel :)  tldr the all the pages :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:53:52 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2016, 02:46:51 PM »
I could probably do it if I were 5 and made raxes in the back left corner of 5 so all computer units on left side of map get stuck because they won't walk around trees.. fk that noise tho.

I wanna see skill beat them, not gimmicks
lol oh you already know how good being 5 is, yeah it's good, you don't even have to make barracks in back, i was 5 when i beat the time record with ease without towering anyone.  just smith + farm 4's mine, he gets no gold and can be wiped out with a few grunts, proceed to rush 12 before he gets rolling, kill him, then hit 9.  it works.  also i was playing in signle player mode and sped up the game at times.  i also chopped the back and catted 6 some but that didnt seem worth the ffort since cats came to fight my cats

Good stuff, except why would you hit 9 so early?
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2016, 03:11:24 PM »
9 rolls over to grunts without too much trouble but is a more capable player than the others.  11 usually farms off his own gold, 2 tries to send men straight down to 5 and gets stuck in his own base, 6/8 get stuck at the back of 5.  i forget if 9 gets stuck in back of 5 too, maybe, but youve got grunts anyway and i think it's the best target
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:14:20 PM by Chairman Blid »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »
lance, using walls is a known trick and it invalidates your submission!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
The real trick is removing pathing from the equation completely.  That is something worth demonstrating :D  I just read a few pages here and saw that he finally beat the 7 cpus but he used the pathing problems to his advantage by raping the AI's that dont have pathing issues first and then cleaning up the rest.  12/9, have no pathing issues and are usually the best AI's.  Try it on Friends.pud or something similar.  It's a whole different world :)  Even friends has some pathing issues though.  Like if you get 3,  the 9 AI usually gets stuck trying to get to you, etc.  Thats no good.  Maybe one of those crap pball maps that is completely wide open and has retard size mines.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »
the tldr is: 1v7 comps is ez, now the challenge is who can do it the fastest without using walls.  The current world record is 27:04 - http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,1864.0.html

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
I should add that the record was only possible thanks to Blid's profound insight and analysis on how to properly leverage towers againsts computers.  These tactical suggestions can also be found within this thread.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »
Heh interesting thread ;)  I should take more than 2 mins to read the forums maybe.  Didnt plan on doing anything other than respond to iL's PM.  Saw an interesting thread, replied quickly,  moved on with life lol.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2016, 05:03:20 PM »
so many people making claims without providing evidence of those claims being true

i think some of you are getting old gow/ef computers confused with gowbne/ef computers (i know for sure equinox is)

swift is just making stuff up to make himself look cool

blid is just trying to troll.. he knows he has 0 chance against 3 computers on gowbne or gowclassic.. even after typing "it is a good day to die"

ganz will swear he is #1 on the vs comps ladder even though it doesn't exist, and if it did exist he would wait until server.war2.ru died, another server started, then make it to #1 on the dead "vs comps" server.war2.ru ladder

right now Player and myself are the only cool people here... but he had to auto-o/t 3 of the computers which leaves just me.. i am the only bad ass here

gg no re