Should Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?

Yes
7 (63.6%)
No
2 (18.2%)
Unsure
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Let Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?  (Read 17710 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: Let Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 06:19:52 PM »

And his crew appears!

I'm done.

Lol his crew? Look who is already splitting the community up...shame on you Tupac [emoji53]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
lol the ipx dosbox was kickass!but working with bnet is the best for noob players keep everyone together.
pros would maybe like it better dam response is realtime.
still can rebuild engine in game maker lots of time to do stuff no rush <---quickest way to bam(big ass maps)
just everyone try and have fun :).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:18:03 PM by easycompany »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »

And his crew appears!

I'm done.

Lol his crew? Look who is already splitting the community up...shame on you Tupac [emoji53]

If iL hands over I'm making my own shit.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »

And his crew appears!

I'm done.

If iL hands over I'm making my own shit.
ipx lags war2 tho, we already tried that with voobly

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:38:33 PM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 10:29:24 PM »
Not to mention that it defaults to not using ANY of BNE's features such as sounds for eye of kilrog,  shared vision,  faster first townhall build time, etc.  It defaults to the original War2 of Kahn/Kali except it's missing the wood bug I believe.  I wouldnt vote for myself or against myself here.  I'd simply wait to hear from iL himself.  If he wants help, he'll ask for it.  Without his cooperation regarding the domain name, everything I'd be able to do would all be for not.  And I believe the domain still belongs to LDir,  so in reality, its probably up to Ldir still and not iL unless he has given iL access to the domain registarr which is a possibility.  I dont know the current ownership of the domain.  Other options are just shell access to fix the server, whip it into shape, etc.  But it's obvious that the first whip lashing of the server is to move it to a US based server.  After that,  keeping it stable is something I'm a little better suited at doing than iL or anyone RU has had in the past.  As for helping with development,  all thats needed is to see what iL has been working on and the ability to modify it and actually have it implemented either by myself or iL.  Would prefer to be able to do that myself directly to of course cut down on middle man time.  But none of any of that has ever been possible and I dont see that changing anytime soon.  iL did send me the source of his PVPGN once, but when I asked if he would implement things that I add,  he wasnt sure how to do that.  So I am certain that he'd never heard of GIT before.  Right now, IMO,  it makes sense to turn this into a real collaborative effort with professional software development methodologies (definitely NOT waterfall, but instead,  Scrum/Agile),  use of Git by all parties involved.  I'm sure Tupac has used it before as has any professional developer.  Jira is a good platform for management, but its expensive.  We could easily make use of something like Springloops which isnt quite as featureful as Jira, but its every bit as professional when it comes to software dev.  Right now,  NONE of that exists and without it, getting things done and completed will be nearly impossible.  Even Github would be better than nothin although its a bit to public since it would expose some of the security measures behind the scenes that we shouldnt be showing.  Although if they are secure enough,  making it all public should not be an issue at all really.  I dont know how secure the current project code is, so keeping it private may be the better option for right now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:59:05 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 11:19:24 PM »
I vote Yes!
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 12:13:58 AM »
Yes from me. The war2 custom stuff he's made in the past did fix alot of peoples issues with hosting automatically (even if they just installed/uninstalled when they got told it was a virus)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 04:16:10 AM »
telling iL to gtfo and abandon all the projects instantly wont help with working out a consensus here. and whats the main argument against iL? time. deadline solves both issues. Give iL time by which two milestones will be completed. Should he fail, then i think everyone will agree its time to give someone else a chance

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 08:22:08 AM »
telling iL to gtfo and abandon all the projects instantly wont help with working out a consensus here. and whats the main argument against iL? time. deadline solves both issues. Give iL time by which two milestones will be completed. Should he fail, then i think everyone will agree its time to give someone else a chance
iL would still be part.of the Admin team and could continue working on things if he wants.

Kali IGL Stats

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 07:54:43 PM »
I find Ryu's vote description in this poll amusing.  Those same words could just as easily apply to a no vote if he had any knowledge of this community's history.  My fear would be that if lance took over control of the server, every once in awhile a player would go "missing" as we've seen before.  That said this ridiculous thing with the server going down every night at 10pm is bad enough that I might actually change my mind.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »
I find Ryu's vote description in this poll amusing.  Those same words could just as easily apply to a no vote if he had any knowledge of this community's history.  My fear would be that if lance took over control of the server, every once in awhile a player would go "missing" as we've seen before.  That said this ridiculous thing with the server going down every night at 10pm is bad enough that I might actually change my mind.
The player could just post on the forum.
 It is pretty rediculous that this problem has been allowed to percist for this long. I would have changed hosts again a long time ago.

Kali IGL Stats

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 08:02:56 PM »

Knowledge of what? Sincerly, in ten years, ive never eard anyone telling me he get hacked by lance.

All i know is that peoples who follow this rumor like sheeps.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2015, 08:20:23 PM »
I'm not sure how much he'll still deny, but he secretly banned several people - and not for hacking - from his crystaldawn.net (instead of banning them on war2) so they couldn't access the server or the website.  This happened to both khb and Jitter at one time, as well as others.  He wasn't even supposed to be an admin either but he was hosting the server so he was able to do that.  There's a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm not sure we want to go into again, but that, for starters, is a reason to be concerned with him being host.  If he will swear not to do that stuff in the future I'd feel better about it, but things like that should give people pause.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2015, 08:23:16 PM »
Basically, he seems reformed and in good behavior, so I don't want to go bringing up old history too much, but people should at least be aware that there was abuse from his end last time he was hosting.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Let Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »

I know the history bud, what I also know right now is that without him this server is going to shits because of your shitty and useless Administration. IL is proving himself to be as useless as yourself, under his host...the future of this place looks bleek.

You have the time to read my comment and analyze it, yet where is your vote?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:06:06 PM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)