War2.ru Slogan
News: New responsive forum theme available! Click here to switch! More info here!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Marxism/leftism thread is a free-wheeling forum for chat found in the General Discussion subforum.  Serious posting is not required.

Yeah cool, I was just making a bad pun "failing to capitalize" ;)

Do you get sent to the shame thread for bad puns?
If so I'll understand ... It was pretty woeful lol.
Just noticed this old thread. Here's some info if anyone is still interested.

MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) was basically developed as a way for (piano type) digital keyboards to interface with computers. MIDI files are not sound files.

The best analogy for MIDI files is sheet music. They contain a list of what note to play on what instruments when and for how long. The sounds are generated by whatever sound hardware you are playing them on (as SmurfKing pointed out above).

So if you record a wav file from a MIDI file on very good hardware, you will get a better sound replaying that wav file on a lower quality sound hardware than playing the original MIDI file on the low quality hardware.

Of course the wav file contains much more information than the MIDI file and will be considerably larger.

Compression such as MP3 is a seperate subject, and is only relevent for the wav file, which contains actual audio, whereas the MIDI file does not. Audio compression is just a size/quality trade off. Mild compression is a good thing and provides exellent audio quality, however if you try to squeeze it too much it will sound aweful.

Just a thought .... but back in 1996 everything was 8-bit audio. IIRC the first 16-bit soundblaster cards came out a little while after this. It may be that someone with a modern VHQ audio setup might be able to produce really good audio recordings from an original MIDI source that sound better than anything they could produce back in 1996.

... and of course there is that awesome live orchestral version on youtube somewhere.
lol at claw crying about me posting about race and st louis in the race and st louis thread, because hes mad im anti-racist
you fucktards really think every thread must be a commie thread? am i spamming your shitty ass "leftism thread of war2.ru" with capitalist propaganda? i made my own thread for muslim violence when i wanted to make a point and you faglers spammed that one also
i'm pretty sure race is the topic of this thread and my posts are all on topic?  many of them are specifically about st louis even
General Discussion / Re: Hurricane [s]Harvy[/s] IRMA
« Last post by eyyy im walkin here on Today at 10:37:27 AM »
so why exactly cant i start a thread "religion of peace" with videos in this section?
General Discussion / Re: anti-capitalism thread
« Last post by marx was right on Today at 10:35:46 AM »
The Marxism/leftism thread is a free-wheeling forum for chat found in the General Discussion subforum.  Serious posting is not required. 

You can find most of the cool people in the leftism thread. You can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the leftism thread motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.
General Discussion / Re: Hurricane [s]Harvy[/s] IRMA
« Last post by marx was right on Today at 10:24:38 AM »
all your threads belong in wasteland, not worthy of serious thought.
Flame Wars & Offtopic / Re: the mystery of violence in st.louis
« Last post by marx was right on Today at 10:17:42 AM »
kys garbage retard, your thread got nuked into wasteland
High Quality Intellectual Discussion / Re: Mousey is a genius
« Last post by Lambchops on Today at 09:48:54 AM »

Kewl  :fro:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10