War2.ru Slogan
News: Watch live streams at War2TV and replays of past streams at War2TV Reruns!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Server.War2.ru / Re: Time for new comp.. Suggestions please
« Last post by Cel on Today at 06:12:41 AM »
As far as OS are concerned:

1/ Windows:

In my case windows 8.1 with classic shell work like a charm I don't know about 10 I don't  usually install adwares on purpose on my computers  ^-^.
I think I tried 7 once but I dont remember running any utilities, with 8.1 I run war2, observer and insight all at once with a batch file and it works pretty good out of the box.
(I also tried pudbrowser and map editor for science and it  also works fine)

2/ Linux:

I dont know how linux handles wine nowadays
I usually dont use linux for playing myself but it might be worth looking for that too.
I heard it is pretty stable one good thing about it is you get to try that for free and if it does not work well you haven't lost much.
As far as linux distros are concerned Id go for Mint or Manjaro if its a first time linux thing they are userfriendly and quite popular.
Also for graphic cards if you are going to run on linux you will want to get a Nvidia with the proprietary driver they are better supported.

Also I cant tell about the various utilities obviously if anyone runs linux they might have more insight  than me no puns intended ;)

3/ M.....Nope just kidding there is no 3 (:
« Last post by I hate naggers on Today at 05:35:02 AM »
yep, poor computers get the blame
« Last post by Lambchops on Today at 05:17:43 AM »
think its just a matter of
1) not letting windows fuck w2 up
2) not letting modern screens stretch w2 window and fuck up aspect ratio

So 1 is the OS ... 2 is the monitor ...
computer still pretty much in the clear ???

« Last post by I hate naggers on Today at 04:46:59 AM »
think its just a matter of
1) not letting windows fuck w2 up
2) not letting modern screens stretch w2 window and fuck up aspect ratio
« Last post by Antti_Kiviniemi on Today at 04:42:09 AM »
I would like it to work for any game, but if no war2 no good. My last two computers since like 2008 have completely sucked for war2.

I'm honestly confused as to how a modern computer could suck for war2... it needs about 1% of the processing power of an average phone... how does a computer suck for it?

i have a very good modern computer and i prefer using it over my older computers for playing war2.
« Last post by Lambchops on Today at 01:30:28 AM »
I would like it to work for any game, but if no war2 no good. My last two computers since like 2008 have completely sucked for war2.

I'm honestly confused as to how a modern computer could suck for war2... it needs about 1% of the processing power of an average phone... how does a computer suck for it?
« Last post by Vizzer on Today at 01:26:13 AM »
General Discussion / Re: Moderated forum takeover?
« Last post by Lambchops on Today at 01:02:47 AM »
Free speech means the freedom to express and discuss ideas, viewpoints, opinions, beliefs, openly.

Death threats, sexual harassment, false criminal accusations, and other types of hateful slander are not part of free speech.

:thumbsup:  I agree 100%

Useless, continuous "You're a retard!" "No, you're a retard!" are actually restricting the freedom of people to freely discuss issues in a mature fashion.

Yeah!.... except for that time claw was off his meds and spewing race hate so blid called him a tard then claw was all like ?? so I posted the clinical definition of mental retardation - that time was awesome  ;D

Many smart people I've spoken to personally don't want to engage in the forums because the main forum posters who dominate the forum in post numbers are posting very low quality, offensive content that is not worth engaging, essentially hindering the freedom of those people who would be posting more productive, interesting, humorous, thought-provoking content.

Not sure how high you're going to be able to push that bar ... but ... I think it IS useful to have a forum secion that users don't need to scramble to hide if their parents/partner/children/neighbours walk into the room   :critter:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10