Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: ATTN Russians
« Last post by tk[as] on April 12, 2024, 01:17:26 PM »
95% if U.S. directly attacks Iran in retaliation.
« Last post by tk[as] on April 12, 2024, 01:11:46 PM »
90% if Iran fires missiles directly onto Israel soil
« Last post by tk[as] on April 12, 2024, 01:08:34 PM »
Nuclear war 80% likely now I think.
Cartography & Custom Maps / Maps with human rebalance stats
« Last post by Erenussocrates on April 12, 2024, 12:20:19 PM »
Since orcs are very powerful late game with the bloodlust, the idea is to make humans a proper early game race with some minor unit stat changes and make Human vs. Orc win rates closer to equal than now, while not making the game feel too different than the original, and while still retaining Orc's late game power, by applying these changes to some of the most played melee maps.

Here are the changes for Humans:

Footman : +1 Basic Damage, +1 Armor
Knight : +1 Piercing Damage (extends to Paladins)
Paladin : +2 Armor (so that upgrading to Paladins is actually useful)

There are no price changes to units or the upgrades, and there are no changes to Orcs.

The maps are:

Garden of War,
All You Need,
Bridge to bridge Combat,
Death in the middle,
Fierce ocean combat,
Forest Trail,
Forsaken Isles,
Great White North,
High seas combat,
Mud in Your Eye,
Oil is the key,
Plains of snow,
Rivers,
Rose Petal,
Schwartzwald,
Taiga,
The Spiral.

You can find the maps in the attachment.
Let me know if you want any other maps, or if you want some changes to make the winrate more equal.
Mods & Development / Re: Mouse /cursor sticking with certain resolutions
« Last post by fois on April 11, 2024, 01:21:11 AM »
Just to make it clear, it does happen while scrolling towards the right and the bottom? But not when scrolling to the top or left?

Are you maybe running the game in a virtual machine? All virtual machines I've tested had the same issue.

Can you do a test? When it happens, press CTRL+TAB to unlock your cursor from the game and then just click once to lock it again. Does that fix the problem?
Server.War2.ru / Re: [Release] Warcraft II Widescreen / High resolution patch
« Last post by fois on April 11, 2024, 01:18:14 AM »
Very nice mockup! Not sure yet if like it, it's a bit over the top TBH... I guess it would look better on a higher resolution like 1920x1080 but for 1280x704 it's just too big?

Player names are cool, should be easy to patch in. I'll give it a try soon
Is there somebody interested in doing some graphics artwork for a new tileset called as Lava River in Warcraft 2 ? I have the tileset sheet and your job would just be to give some cool and more realistic animations for Lava in Water tiles, but now with Lava shades (aka: orange, yellow, red shades). I'm looking for someone who would be interested at something like this. Of course, credits for this work will be given to you.

In Lava river v1 I have set some animations already in Shorelines & Water (Lava), but it still needs work there to be properly showcased.

In Lava River v2 there are not animations in shorelines but some in Water (Lava).

There's a video and screenshot into here to showcase the index colors that have to be used for the animations. And a video to showcase how currently its seen Lava river v1 with its current animations.

Video with current Lava animations: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtHUwvs739I6bSXiqF4I3pcJyKw?e=ACGq6z
Any help is really appreciated !
Mods & Development / Mouse /cursor sticking with certain resolutions
« Last post by Tarriel on April 10, 2024, 12:53:17 PM »
hi all

new here so thank you for the help in advance hopefully

i have been playing the game via BN but only recently discovered the Warcraft II Widescreen Patch v1.9

i can get the game to play in all the resolutions listed but above 1024x 526 the ingame mouse /finger is sticky ?

can some one recommend the decent settings as looking at the options in the config i am not sure what to set it to so it runs as smooth as possible

my monitor is a Gigabyte 28u gfx card is a 3080ti so any help would be great as i loved this game years ago

thanks
« Last post by Maxx444 on April 08, 2024, 09:45:24 AM »
Interesting take @eleison
I like the player name / colors on the bottom left. Don't know how I feel about the larger in game minimap.... cool if it was an option though.
I thought you were suggesting a larger lobbymap :D
« Last post by eleison on April 08, 2024, 04:23:53 AM »
That's probably going to be a lot of work, I guess we would have to switch the minimap from 128x128 to 256x256 to make that happen... But that would mean the entire sidebar has to be redone (would probably take weeks to complete!)

Ah, I see. I guess it's not the graphics that would take time, but the development? I just made a fast sketch how it would look like. :)
Also added the player names / colors to the bottom left, since I think that would also be a great improvement.

And this is how it looks atm, for reference:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10