Author Topic: Hey folks  (Read 3149 times)

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
Hey folks
« on: January 19, 2024, 11:20:20 PM »
I have been watching u8's stream on YouTube and have been getting the itch to play. I am likely trash as I have played 2 or 3 games since I quit back when maphack was rampant in the early 2000s. I just have a few questions?

1) Are there games going all day? I notice a lot of regs in the stream that play together, but was wondering more about lesser skilled players and games (generally gow ef) although since I have a lot of rust to shake off id likely play any map
2) Are we safe from the cheats? Really enjoyed the game, just felt like I needed maphack to even the playing field towards the end
3) How do I play? Sorry, I only have a laptop at the moment and refuse to play on it but will purchase a setup if it's worth investing in (if war2 community has enough players)

Thanks for reading!

Offline Grohl

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Hey folks
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 11:07:56 AM »
1) Are there games going all day? I notice a lot of regs in the stream that play together, but was wondering more about lesser skilled players and games (generally gow ef) although since I have a lot of rust to shake off id likely play any map

There are few to zero games on Europe time until 14:00. If there are it's usually 1vs1, or some 2s games if you are lucky. After 14:00 till 18:00, there are like 1 or 2 Gow EF games, usually only 1. After 18:00 there are some more GoW EF games until late at night. U8 Dj_boss, Startale, TD-guys, etc are extremely skilled. There are also many lesser players playing GoW EF, and there are some GoWBNE F players. Check ladder.war2.ru for all players and the top players.

Also there are always some chop games, mini bgh or other games like nwtr.

2) Are we safe from the cheats? Really enjoyed the game, just felt like I needed maphack to even the playing field towards the end

Haven't seen any cheets.

3) How do I play? Sorry, I only have a laptop at the moment and refuse to play on it but will purchase a setup if it's worth investing in (if war2 community has enough players)

Get a PC with keyboard/mouse or laptop. Download the game at server.war2.ru and play.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 11:12:22 AM by Grohl »

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 12:23:50 PM »
Thanks for the response, Grohl!

Nice to hear there is some activity,

Once I get a playable setup I will check it out.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 01:32:28 PM »
Hey, nice to see that another person is starting playing cause saw my stream  :beam:

usually players are at evening/night europe time

just download game and play, warcraft2.online

if you want HD patch you need download it also!

laptop is enough to play, but I suggest to have keyboard+ mouse, its hard to play with laptop keyboard
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 02:01:16 PM »
I am glad someone decided to promote war2, it's a fantastic game that just needs marketing. You are delivering quality entertainment, not sure if I'll even enjoy playing as much as watching but that depends on the availability of games including skill compatibility. I admit, I prefer watching top tier players play 1s or 2s, but if enough newer players join the community it will be enjoyable to have more recreational play as well. Keep up the good work!

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 03:03:56 PM »
I am glad someone decided to promote war2, it's a fantastic game that just needs marketing. You are delivering quality entertainment, not sure if I'll even enjoy playing as much as watching but that depends on the availability of games including skill compatibility. I admit, I prefer watching top tier players play 1s or 2s, but if enough newer players join the community it will be enjoyable to have more recreational play as well. Keep up the good work!

Did you allready register? Because i saw one guy named KGBagent70 in the channel :)
Is that you, or some fake name?

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 03:17:46 PM »
It's me. I am on my laptop with an external keyboard and mouse, having a lot of trouble getting used to it so I keep going back to custom games to try to get some practice in

Offline chayliss

• Grunt
  • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg
    • View Profile
    • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg40515 date=1469984330] wazzup chay [/quote]
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 03:23:59 PM »
i have just returned from about a decade.
there is soooooo much 3on3 and 4on4 played compared to times past.
equal opportunity participation i guess.
the game has gotten several nice quality of life additions. unfortunaltly its still not just install and it just works. i had to manually add my desired resolution into a file. i had been trying to snag guys from streams of warcraft 2 on twich to come to RU. one group came played one game and said fuck it coz it didnt ''just work'' and didnt want to ''have to make it work''
plz bring some friends. playerbase needs buffed badly =]

still a low mid high skill base. lotsa chill fuck around w/e. and still a few who talk like its 20years ago =]

just get some hardware and come.
glhf

Quote from: KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
Quote from: Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss.  Hat tip to you
Quote from: Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay
Quote from: CLAW
not bad at all, chayliss. Gooder then me expectoned

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 03:31:11 PM »
Hey. great to hear!

So I just played a custom gow ef map vs a computer and during the match I noticed either something is wrong with my client or one player mode has some bugs..?

Example: I selected my barracks and hit G but grunt wasn't building and then suddenly 5 seconds later it registered.
At one point I was building peons with 4 farm space and it was registering I didn't have enough food.
I was trying to patrol and nothing was registering.

Do I need to download a patch. or modify settings or is this just a solo play issue?

Offline chayliss

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg40515 date=1469984330] wazzup chay [/quote]
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2024, 03:51:01 PM »
is the laptop lowkey a rock
thats some enourmouse delay issues you discriobe =[
since its vs comp it cant be internet lag, sound like laptop lag

Hey. great to hear!

So I just played a custom gow ef map vs a computer and during the match I noticed either something is wrong with my client or one player mode has some bugs..?

Example: I selected my barracks and hit G but grunt wasn't building and then suddenly 5 seconds later it registered.
At one point I was building peons with 4 farm space and it was registering I didn't have enough food.
I was trying to patrol and nothing was registering.

Do I need to download a patch. or modify settings or is this just a solo play issue?
Quote from: CLAW
not bad at all, chayliss. Gooder then me expectoned

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 12:23:18 PM »
I managed to get things working, also with the widescreen patch, however I can't seem to get rid of the yellow tiny lettering/dots in the middle of the screen and I tried replacing every ddraw file I could find available and whenever I did, War2BNE ill not launch if replaced, so I just re-installed without the ddraw override and it's not that big of a deal with the lettering

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2024, 01:04:33 PM »
remove game_time plugin from plugins folder
this is old cursed timer and it not working for HD

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 01:54:22 PM »
thanks!!!

Offline Maxx444

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 10:26:44 PM »
1) Are there games going all day?

monitor this
https://server.war2.ru/status/

or check discord

Offline chayliss

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2024, 10:29:10 AM »
thanks, i had gotten use to the moris code line in the game across the screen. removed file but forgot to see if its gone
also why is war2 making my gpu run so hot =[

edit:
ok i hosted a lobby and cpu went up to 25%
power use very high

thanks!!!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:08:51 PM by chayliss »