War2.ru Slogan
News: If your graphics are broken you can fix with the new ddraw version.
** Read how to install it here **

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Moderated forum takeover?
« Last post by marx was right on November 18, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
apparently i was unbanned, but then babyshark took it upon herself to reban me without good reason? this is clearly inept moderation.
Forum Affairs / Re: Ripe's Ban moved...Why?
« Last post by marx was right on November 18, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »
i do agree that babyshark or anyone has the right to start a serious thread

unfortunately she doesn't seem capable of doing that.
Server.War2.ru / Re: Time for new comp.. Suggestions please
« Last post by XuRnT on November 18, 2017, 04:17:34 PM »
http://www.dell.com/en-us/gaming/alienware-deals

As of before making this thread alienware is what I was leaning towards unless something seems beter.
General Discussion / Re: Hello Friends (Semi-New / Kinda New / Ok new)
« Last post by mousEtopher on November 18, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »
nice, welcome Reaper! glad you're here and enjoying war2 so far :D

it's great that new people are still managing to trickle in despite all the hurdles, i hope i can get online more soon to start mingling with you & others ! feel free to /w mousetopher me when you're online if you need a pard, if i'm at pc i can probably find time to play a few. the discord server is fun too to hang out and talk about stuff (and for voice chat in game if you're into that)
General Discussion / Re: Moderated forum takeover?
« Last post by mousEtopher on November 18, 2017, 04:03:33 PM »
ahahaha, not quite as clandestine as i thought. damn, if i'd seen this + the actual invasion first i probably would've played along more :c clearly i was away from the forum too long this time...

moderated forum for peaceful discussion is a great concept! I think we got off to a rocky start with all that cupcake & ostrich business (and the 1 strike policy was probably a little impractical given how few of us there are), it might be a nice moment to consider blanket amnesty & a fresh start now that we have a nice well thought out discipline policy in effect. though prohibiting anything "obscene" might be a little too vague a standard to be useful, is that just another way of saying "keep it PG" ? i don't have a problem with cussing personally but can live without it, mostly i'd just like to see quality posting enforced to stop typical "you're a fucking moron" type replies. basically if you don't have anything to contribute but flaming then just don't post!
love war2 graphics, they're so charming & artful! never understand how people can complain about them
Forum Affairs / Re: Ripe's Ban moved...Why?
« Last post by mousEtopher on November 18, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »
i do agree that babyshark or anyone has the right to start a serious thread and respectfully discuss any subject they want, if other people come in & derail it with a bunch of garbage that should be split away & the original thread retained. i encourage all forum mods to do that in the future! i can do that for your original thread bs if you want to pursue further discussion.

You think you believe in tolerance of religion.

Yet there is a religion in the world that calls for the beheading of Christians, my religion.

Should we tolerate an intolerant religion?

i'm of the opinion that most religions including christianity have been co-opted to some extent over time as vehicles for facilitating various forms of oppression & i argue against accepting them (or any ideology) wholesale without the application of rationality. it's entirely possible to keep the good & throw out the bad. 100% of christians don't worship or practice in the same way and neither do 100% of muslims, the problem is in generalizing billions of people based on the highly publicized negative actions of some indeterminate radicalized minority. (radicalization is itself not ununderstandable either given the massive hardship these human beings have suffered as a result of war & being uprooted from their homes and ways of life & getting shunted from country to country like cattle, though violence is of course the incorrect choice.) it's the exact same reaction to perceived persecution that Ripe expressed, and e.g. saying that 100% of Finns plan to go on murderous rampages based on what Ripe says/does would be the same logic.

widespread practice of oppressive islamic fundamentalism in some countries is a very bad result of the people who support that interpretation getting into power & pushing that agenda, but to write off islam altogether seems a lot like e.g. throwing out christianity because at one point in time it was used as a justification for crusades & witchhunts. we can clearly see a great example in Afghanistan of how political revolution led to massive improvements in equality & education & humans rights across the board: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saur_Revolution focusing exclusively on the bad & outright denying the existence of any peaceful practicing muslims is just mindless reactionary us-vs-them factionalism, it's simplistic and never the right stance and will never solve anything
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10