War2.ru Slogan
News: Watch live streams at War2TV and replays of past streams at War2TV Reruns!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
your rotting corpse helps a tree grow.

and what the hell is paradise? that's the most Utopian garbage idea of all time.
Paradise can be anything.  If you can imagine a god, surely you can imagine a paradise.  It's funny that you're so profoundly atheist that you can't even say it would be cool if there was a heaven, and a god, and the god has a big white beard and he's chilling up in the clouds flanked by angels playing harps, but the harps are metal as fuck, and everyone is overcome with love and joy or whatever.

of course the idea of living in a paradise is good. you can invent all sorts of ideas in your head that would be cool. but that's all it is , ideas. and the idea of paradise is so absurdly fantastical it borders on mental illness to believe in it. there's no universal idea of paradise, people would have their own ideas of what paradise is. women's ideas of paradise would differ from men's. an adult's would differ from a child's etc.. there are depictions of paradise where milk flows like waterfalls, but how the hell is that paradise to lactose intolerant people or someone who just hates milk? it's a vague fantasy. and why would a god responsible to letting capitalism run rampant on the garbage earth be the one to spawn it?
But Lambchops didn't even say he believed in it; he said he didn't really but that it'd be nice.

Anyway, it's simple to say that in a paradise, none of those contradictions would matter.  The souls who want a land of milk and honey would get it while the lactose intolerant person would be cured of that intolerance and the child's paradise would be full of puppies and toys or something even better than puppies and toys that we can't even imagine because it's not of the worldly realm and so on.  This is easy.

God can let capitalism run rampant because He chose to give humanity complete freedom, and if we suffer in this world, so much the greater will our joy be in the next; our suffering in the temporal sphere is minuscule compared to the eternal paradise of God's kingdom, our concerns are meaningless and all fades to nothing as our pain is completely washed over by God's love, as we transcend this world for the next.  Blah blah blah.  You don't need to believe any of this, but you do need to expand your mind if you don't even have the imagination to conceive of these things.
General Discussion / Re: Hurricane [s]Harvy[/s] IRMA
« Last post by eyyy im walkin here on September 19, 2017, 12:47:30 PM »
How do you know who's been warned/hasn't been?  Alternatively I just blew past it without noticing it.
General Discussion / Re: Hurricane [s]Harvy[/s] IRMA
« Last post by CLAW the racist on September 19, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »
why wasnt ripe warned for saying niggerball
The best experiences of my life have been in church. The mystical communion in the blood of Christ that we share with all believers, forgiveness of sins, hearing the Word of God, the friendships and relationships, the love and support, singing hymns of praise midst a throng of fellow believers to the God that made us and bought us back from slavery to sin, nothing, and I mean nothing can top that!

The pleasures in life God gave us to enjoy, the very best things in life such as amazing connecting and laughing with cherished people over amazing food, the delightful ecstasy of physical intimacy between a man and woman who love each other, the beauty of children's laughter, the miracle of the conception and birth of a brand new child, the beauty of nature, the joy of music, the satisfaction of hard work, the joy of solving challenges, the fun in hobbies and games, the exhilaration of a roller coaster, the specialness of friends and friendship, the wonderful peace of rest from work...everything that is good and beautiful and worth pursuing in life...it ALL PALES in comparison to what HEAVEN WILL BE!!

Think of it!

The One who made each of us and each and every pleasure for us to enjoy...think of being with HIM and the community of saints in a place free of sin, death, pain, evil, hate...forever!

I can't wait! :)

Flame Wars & Offtopic / Re: the mystery of violence in st.louis
« Last post by CLAW the racist on September 19, 2017, 12:35:19 PM »
mmm stand by my side BS

and what the hell is paradise? that's the most Utopian garbage idea of all time.
Paradise can be anything.  If you can imagine a god, surely you can imagine a paradise.  It's funny that you're so profoundly atheist that you can't even say it would be cool if there was a heaven, and a god, and the god has a big white beard and he's chilling up in the clouds flanked by angels playing harps, but the harps are metal as fuck, and everyone is overcome with love and joy or whatever.

of course the idea of living in a paradise is good. you can invent all sorts of ideas in your head that would be cool. but that's all it is , ideas. and the idea of paradise is so absurdly fantastical it borders on mental illness to believe in it. there's no universal idea of paradise, people would have their own ideas of what paradise is. women's ideas of paradise would differ from men's. an adult's would differ from a child's etc.. there are depictions of paradise where milk flows like waterfalls, but how the hell is that paradise to lactose intolerant people or someone who just hates milk? it's a vague fantasy. and why would a god responsible to letting capitalism run rampant on the garbage earth be the one to spawn it?
I mean, this probably isn't even what Lambchops was going for and it's likely he just likes the idea of there being a god, but it's such an easy answer.  Of course a literal paradise would be good my man, and, heck, while you're up there your corpse is still gonna be helping trees grow or feeding worms or whatever too, so it's win-win!

I was listening to this and was so moved by this beautiful hymn that I want to share it with everyone!

And Can it be That I should Gain - YouTube

We look around at the world and see chaos, disaster, people hurting, people dying, and if we aren't looking in the right place, it can seem hopeless! It can look and feel like this world has been abandoned to its own devices.

This isn't so!

God loves people so much that He took every evil on Himself, He took all sins and suffered for us! He chose to be mocked, insulted, whipped, beaten, and crucified for us. He loves us dearly!

Of course we don't understand everything now, many things are mysteries, but when we see a love like that, a love that sacrifices self and takes punishment in our place, we can trust that love, we can trust that voice.

I love God because He loved me and died for me!

What blessed assurance this sweet sentence gives! I know that my Redeemer lives!

Praise the Lord for His great love and mercy!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10