Poll

POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?

Yes. tk was amazing unbiased active admin that would drop everything he was doing to help other players
13 (72.2%)
No. tk was a worthless fk that needs to never come to the server again and die
1 (5.6%)
No. tk gave up his admin then talked shit on all the amazing stuff other people were doing to make this server what it is today. he needs to still die.
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?  (Read 41010 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2015, 07:49:50 PM »
Ask Tora whether he thinks I've been engaged and let's see what he says.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2015, 07:50:55 PM »
i honestly don't think it's a problem that neither of you are passionate about the game. that's not the issue. the issue is that neither of you seem to have much interest in appointing leadership who are passionate about it, who do want to be involved and help with the community.

it's just screaming "we dont really mind if this game dies.. but at least we will be in charge when it does"

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2015, 07:54:15 PM »
why? have you been smurfing? because i haven't seen a person with a blizzard icon online since the last time we played pball a couple weeks ago for 30 mins or whatever.

if that's the case i think that's evidence enough that you have no interest in filling that particular role of admin... that's a huge part of being admin. being visible so users (both new users and old users) have fairly easy access to someone they can go to with questions, concers, issues... etc

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2015, 07:56:54 PM »
man im really not trying to bad mouth you but dont sit here and pretend like you're actively engaged. i was admin for over 2 years and in that time i probably saw you on the server for a total of 5-6 weeks. 95% of which was under a smurf name.

that's no exaggeration. its obvious you don't have an interest in the game. i just dont understand why you're not delegating certain responsibilities to people who are. it's really fucked up

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2015, 08:07:57 PM »
if i were in iL's position that's exactly what i'd be doing:  "ok i have a life and can't be spending all this time on the server... but i want it to thrive and do the best it possibly can. let me appoint some people who have shown a serious interest in the server, game, and community to keep things lively and active since i cant do it myself right now..."

"ok tora is hosting tournaments.. so is smeagol"

"this person is teaching players"

"this person is showing people how to fix their ports"

"this person is making icons"

"ok... im gonna give all of these people a chance. ill let them know what i expect and what is not allowed.. if they fk up no big deal, i'll just remove their admin and move on"

none of that is happening and it makes no sense to me

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
why in the world would you NOT want to put people in charge who are passionate about the game

the only 2 answers i can come up with my own are

1) you ultimately really dont care what happens to the game
2) you just enjoy being the only ones in charge, even if it means you don't go above and beyond what is expected of you

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »
Might be time to time to give EQ that $1000 new server donation [emoji23]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2015, 09:05:46 PM »

Icons. Changing stats. Banning users if 100% necessary. Changing or re-setting passwords (I've had to do that more than a couple times) and yeah being a visible figure users can come to with any questions or concerns including things like hosting or little issues that come up all the time.. just like with vizzer the other day. He came to me Cus he thought I was admin and didn't see any online, since then I haven't seen any admins online. Its safe to say his issue still might not be resolved if he didn't think I was admin.

Then fix my Dellam password that claw stole
I want my Dellam back

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:59 PM »
I will throw 10-20k of my own into a new sevrr (split up between programmers, advertising, hosting, and even large cash tournaments to get the players there ) by this time next year if that's what I have to do to make sure people get the type of server they deservr

You just said not too long ago that you and your wife were saving up for a down payment on a house. So if need be you fully intend to tell her next year that home ownership plans got delayed a couple years or so because you wanted to start an online gaming server? I call bs
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2015, 10:19:19 PM »

I will throw 10-20k of my own into a new sevrr (split up between programmers, advertising, hosting, and even large cash tournaments to get the players there ) by this time next year if that's what I have to do to make sure people get the type of server they deservr

You just said not too long ago that you and your wife were saving up for a down payment on a house. So if need be you fully intend to tell her next year that home ownership plans got delayed a couple years or so because you wanted to start an online gaming server? I call bs

This could be from another piggy bank.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2015, 10:42:36 PM »
Do you have a new wife Tk?

I ask because of this thread: http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=468233

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2015, 10:51:44 PM »
why in the world would you NOT want to put people in charge who are passionate about the game
we dont want to put YOU in charge.  that doesn't mean we're against passionate people. 

also, i'd still like to see whether tora thinks i'm actively engaged, rather than just take your ravings as truth.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2015, 11:13:23 PM »
There you have it, TK.

Now you just need another 10-20k added on to your annual budget for purpose of ddosing the current server.

Lets talk interest rate, loan repayment plan, and what collateral you'll offer up
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2015, 01:06:06 AM »
@ swift i started a side business power washing last summer. i talked to the builder i wire houses for and shot him a bid for power washing the flat work (concrete) before the house closes and he accepted. he builds over 150 houses every year. its well over a 20k a year account.

@winchester no me and my wife have had a lot of rough patches. we're still together.

@ blid nothing wrong with asking tora but that doesn't mean much to me. i saw how actively engaged you were on the server while i was admin. even if you've recently become actively engaged, you're still running around on smurfs so as far as everyone else knows there are no admins online which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of being admin

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2015, 01:10:53 AM »

@ blid nothing wrong with asking tora but that doesn't mean much to me. i saw how actively engaged you were on the server while i was admin. even if you've recently become actively engaged, you're still running around on smurfs so as far as everyone else knows there are no admins online which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of being admin

That's the problem, no active staff member that new players can see when they log on.