Author Topic: Road of Heroes (ROH), new war2 mod - Invitation to play (Development completed)  (Read 10196 times)

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
Thanks for the response! Do you know if there is a way to randomize the in-game music? Every time I load a game, the music starts over. Since I have to save/load a lot to win, it means I always hear the same music on repeat :P

Also I'm curious, what map editor do you use for scenarios?

Thanks!

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Thanks for the response! Do you know if there is a way to randomize the in-game music? Every time I load a game, the music starts over. Since I have to save/load a lot to win, it means I always hear the same music on repeat :P

Also I'm curious, what map editor do you use for scenarios?

Thanks!

Search for Puddraft. The best map editor by all means. For warcraft 2.

I think its possible to randomize the music. Will get it incorporated for the next RoH version, which may probably include a 3rd even more easier mode for it. And probably the last version for quite a while in that mod.

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
That would be awesome! I think with just a few minor changes the maps will be much easier. I noticed in the map editor that Knights/Ogres and Mages/Death Knights were found earlier in the game. With the easy version, maybe you could eliminate those upgrades until the usual maps you see them in? For example, Death Knights/Mages should only appear in about level 10 and beyond (whatever it was in the original game). The difficulty level in the Multi-Tileset "Upgraded" version seems to be very balanced!

With the music, it might be better to have the music continue playing instead of starting over when you load a saved game, if that's possible.

Edit: Another thing, I don't mind if there are more enemy troops to kill on the map (in fact, that is a great thing). However, there should be a lot more gold if so! Otherwise, you spend time defending your base, start building an army, and run out of gold before you can win!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 12:23:38 AM by Lightning_Hunter »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
if you playing on server you can use command /song X
just write in chat /song 10 or something
songs are from 0 to 26
you can play any of them in multiplayer on serv

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
starting over when you load a saved game
no, game cannot save music position

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
songs are from 0 to 26

I'm playing offline campaigns only. I know the game can't save the music position, but can the current track keep playing where it is? In other words, disable a saved game from loading any track at all.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
songs are from 0 to 26

I'm playing offline campaigns only. I know the game can't save the music position, but can the current track keep playing where it is? In other words, disable a saved game from loading any track at all.

i've randomized the music. Each time it starts a new mission, restarts or reloads a game, it will play a new music. It will be in next version.

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
songs are from 0 to 26

i've randomized the music. Each time it starts a new mission, restarts or reloads a game, it will play a new music. It will be in next version.

Nice, can't wait!

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
songs are from 0 to 26

Nice, can't wait!

i've uploaded road of heroes v8.6.

New feature to randomize the music in-game & Friendly mode. Even easier difficulty than 2nd mode.

i hope you enjoy it

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
Wow, that was fast! Thanks, Danny. I'm starting with the Human campaign. For some reason the first Orc mission crashes when I select a resolution of 1280x704 using ROH_HD.exe. Any ideas on why?

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Wow, that was fast! Thanks, Danny. I'm starting with the Human campaign. For some reason the first Orc mission crashes when I select a resolution of 1280x704 using ROH_HD.exe. Any ideas on why?

did you download the new files ? ROHfiles folder + new plugin files?

Remember to not set more than 1 pluginROH file in your Plugin folder.

I'm checking out and seems to load ok, unless I missed up something. Thank you for the feedback, bud. I cant check out all the possible issues for myself.

Edit:

Try to check the missions out with a smaller resolution like 960x544 (resolution = 3 on widescreen ini file)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 11:21:52 AM by dannyldd »

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
I think I figured it out. I downloaded the latest version of the Widescreen patch (version 6), and those problems went away.  It might have been the last version of the Widescreen patch that caused those issues!

Can't wait to play this now. :D

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
I think I figured it out. I downloaded the latest version of the Widescreen patch (version 6), and those problems went away.  It might have been the last version of the Widescreen patch that caused those issues!

Can't wait to play this now. :D

hey, i hope you have fun with the content around, bud. Take your time to check out the features. If you're willing to get up to date with the modding features, please dont hesitate to join the live streams in

https://twitch.tv//dannyldd

OR

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUO479yrAhjnAzA6BU_pnTw

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
Thanks! 

I got destroyed 5 times on the 2nd Human mission with Friendly mode. Lol.  I guess I'm just not as good as I used to be. Do I have to lure the enemy troops into my ships or something?  I always get attacked by about 10 enemy troops before I can even train 5-6 footmen. They launch a major attack at about the night cycle (which is a really cool feature, by the way).

Not sure I'm good enough to continue these missions! :o

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
Sorry for the terrible video quality, but just to show how bad I'm doing:

I tried building more peasants first, then more archers first, then a barracks first. Kept my healthy guys in the front lines, less healthy guys in the back. Had all my peasants working. But I just got overwhelmed each time.

Edit: Wait a minute! I just now tried the "easier" mode, and it gave me 4 peasants instead of 2!  I thought "friendly" was easier? I also noticed that "Hard" mode gave me 2 peasants, the same as "friendly" mode. Maybe the two plugins were mixed up?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 09:55:25 PM by Lightning_Hunter »