Author Topic: Proposal to attract more players  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
Proposal to attract more players
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:39:31 AM »
Since i started with Twitch for less than a week ago i have been thinking that channel could be great to get new and old players in the game. I have just tried it out a 2-3 times and had for one moment 7 watchers at same time :) lol. I just tweeted it out with hashtag #warcraft2 and #twitch and watchers joined. This was "just" me and for 2-3 short times this week.

With more players using twitch and find those right haschtags it could make sence i think, also when there is tournaments there could be a special chanel for that and so on.

There are a lot of geeks on Twitter and Twitch and certainly many old players we could bring back.

This is just a thought that could be worth to discuss and further develop.

You find me at Twitter during account @ienkoping

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal to attract more players
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »
Since i started with Twitch for less than a week ago i have been thinking that channel could be great to get new and old players in the game. I have just tried it out a 2-3 times and had for one moment 7 watchers at same time :) lol. I just tweeted it out with hashtag #warcraft2 and #twitch and watchers joined. This was "just" me and for 2-3 short times this week.

With more players using twitch and find those right haschtags it could make sence i think, also when there is tournaments there could be a special chanel for that and so on.

There are a lot of geeks on Twitter and Twitch and certainly many old players we could bring back.

This is just a thought that could be worth to discuss and further develop.

You find me at Twitter during account @ienkoping

Thinking outside of the box, I like it.

One thing I found though is, many of the GoW players in particular already have Twitch set up, but it's not activated while they are playing. So they've got Twitch downloaded/running, but their channel wasn't up. Maybe more consistency?
I love this game!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »
I agree, twitch is a great way to advertise. That's why I set up war2tv! Maybe 15-20 people that I know of have streaming set up but most only do it once or twice and then never again. Lance is probably the only one I know of who streams with any regularity.

The great thing about war2tv is that it automatically embeds any stream that's actively in game (versus desktop or chat lobby) onto the home page of en.war2.ru, which gets on average 300-500 hits a day. From what we can tell the vaaast majority of the people who download war2combat use it for single player only, so who knows, maybe seeing lives matches when they visit the site could interest them in trying multiplayer.
squeak!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 04:31:32 PM »
i used to twitch.. so did lance. others did also. it did bring some players.

i think to be a real success it'd take a lot of people doing it for long periods of times, but definitely wouldnt hurt

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »
Player almost always streams.