Author Topic: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest  (Read 16332 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Re: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 03:06:23 PM »
Lol I guess fuck my idea of not responding okay here's another response. So you say it "Impacts skill" so people who can control units at the very fastest speed which is "impacting" their skill are actually at the highest level for being able to play so well against a curve that is affecting them. Video games are about reflexes and movement just as much as strategy. So what by playing at 1 speed I'm playing some extremely skillful game? Lmao wrong you might as well play a board game that requires no movements to affect the game.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »
That is correct, the faster a speed is,  the more it MASKS your actual skill within the game and that chart shows you just how much of a mask each "speed" would have if played online over Latency.  The only way to remove that mask completely is to play locally which is rather pointless.  So we have to pick a speed that has the least amount of impact on "skill" (AKA Latency reduction) without making things so slow that its unbearable.  The best speed for that is clearly EF since the next jump up is 2x worse than if you were to jump down to Faster.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 03:26:45 PM »
Play RPGs or dare I say it PBALL gasp or other customs on EF and you will see it is not a universal speed though. Each game holds it's own mechanics and objectives that the speed plays into it. To say every game on Warcraft 2 is best at EF I do not agree with it. GOW and BNE's I am not questioning EF can make a better game in that. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 03:33:32 PM »
The difference here is that you're working under the assumption that Network Latency doesnt effect a game.  But thats just wrong.  It's real.  So real that the DoD has been working on ways to reduce it using a method called "Dead Reckoning".  You simply cannot say that one map plays differently on a different speed because that simply is NOT the case.  If it's easy on one speed, its just as easy on any other speed.  The only difference is the network latency between each speed is different.  The biggest difference in latency compared to all other speeds is Fastest,  it has the WORST latency of all of the speeds.  So no matter how much skill you think X map takes,  the lower the speed,  the more of your own skill you will be able to exert on that map.  So if a map plays "best" on Fastest,  it's because that map is so easy that you have to introduce impossibilities into it by increasing the network latency.  And how do you do that?  Simple,  increase the game's speed because that effects the game's network latency as well.  You're working under an illusion if you think game speed has anything to do with how hard/easy a map is.

So any map that "plays better" on fastest is also "an easy map",  so easy that you have to make it impossible for your units to respond correctly, otherwise, it becomes to easy.  So this is why you are experiencing "well its to easy on EF".  It's not the map nor the speed.  It's the network latency that is increasing your ability to show off your skill that is making it "to easy".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:36:54 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
Let me go over what I think of this debate: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH . Also Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care  Don't care. The fact remains Water Knights, PBall, RPGs, and others would just be a joke on EF. It would contribute to the game being much more predictable and being able to execute shit much easier. I expect a response because you keep on responding even though I've showed twice now I don't care you can't even agree to disagree so let me quote your next post I'm sure will come. "  BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH". =D

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
Well, you tried to have a post called "Perfect Unit Control On Fastest".  Now that it's been proven that simply is not the case,  you're putting your head in the sand and acting like it's all non-sense because you were proven wrong.  Such a statement "Perfect Unit Control On Fastest" is about as far from the truth as you can possible get.  And I wouldnt want anyone reading it to think it's actually factual when in fact, its completely false.  0 != 1.  Period.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 03:40:34 PM »
You haven't proved shit. You've even admitted that playing against a curve and playing the same way you could on EF would be harder. You can make points and convince yourself of them doesn't mean you proved shit. I made a post showing perfect unit control on Fastest and that is exactly what the video shows. Did the same map on EF and beat it 10x faster. Oh geez you proved so much.

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 03:47:23 PM »
im sorry but im not seeing this perfect unit control? all you showed here is that u know how to click your mouse

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 03:48:08 PM »
What you did or didnt do doesnt negate the fact that a statement of "Perfect Unit Control On Fastest" is completely false.  The only thing your videos prove is that you're not good at war2 UC yet :)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 03:48:22 PM »
So any map that "plays better" on fastest is also "an easy map",  so easy that you have to make it impossible for your units to respond correctly, otherwise, it becomes to easy. 
Yeah, this.  If it's too easy on EF, then in my eyes, that just makes it an easy map.  Handicapping yourself by playing at an obscene speed may make it more challenging, sure... but I'd rather have units I can control better, and just play a more difficult map.  In RPGs more than anything.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2015, 03:49:07 PM »
Also I might have to add this yet again I DON'T CARE. You can sit here all day and hold to your biases that EF plays better in any map seriously cool play some EF. I have agreed with you that EF can make a game of GOW a better game(not even being a GOW player). You sit there and speak about games like PBalls and RPGs(not being a PBall or RPG player), and that have been played on fastest FOREVER and that people have no problem completing the maps and executing movements on. If it became a problem that people weren't able to complete maps or play competitively on high I guess I'd agree with you, won't happen.

LT: Did i get hit by their grunts? No. Did I kill all 296 units. Yes. That would be the definition of "perfect" also flawless would fit, I did not make one error and killed 296 units with 1 unit. There you have it.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2015, 03:49:44 PM »
Also Blid feel free to beat that RPG on EF, just because I did it doesn't make it easy. It was still a challenge it just became easier on EF.

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »
wow i feel sorry for you if you think thats what unit control is.. and u did make a mistake u mis clicked and ur peon moved so there goes ur theory of perfect unit control. but ill let you and lance go back to this never ending argument

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »
Lol I feel bad for you for talking about something you know nothing about. Play that map and try to beat those 296 grunts it's not easy. Unit control is just that controlling units and moving is not a flaw if i don't get hit. If you feel bad for people over video games you probably have some form of autism bud.

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2015, 03:55:22 PM »
my mistake that i have empathy for someone who doesnt know how to play warcraft 2. I guess i must have some form of autism because of that. thanks for pointing that out