Author Topic: In what order would you rate these players?  (Read 18727 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: In what order would you rate these players?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 02:54:32 AM »
until iL reinstates my admin
but didnt you fucking resign? you dumb bro

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 05:09:35 AM »
music is definitely not a negative aspect of streams imo! I wish all war2 streamers had war2 soundtrack playing at an appropriately unobtrusive volume during their streams. At the very least it mitigates that horrible void of silence during the period between start of game & finished construction of first farm...

How the hell do i get music on the combat edition? I would love to have that but didnt know it was possible.

Put your w2 cd into drive and open "warcraft II BNE"
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 05:20:14 AM »

Put your w2 cd into drive and open "warcraft II BNE"
[/quote]

But then i need to play with the bne edition and not the combat edition, right?

Installed the bne few month ago and after that i needed reinstall the combat edition and make all those modifications again.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 05:57:55 AM »
no why, just open it where u got combat installed, it ask u about cd when u havent got installed BNET version

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »

1.  u8t3io3p / Jesk   ( havent seen szwa playin lately so im not sure but jesk n szwa r sharing the #1 in this case imo)
2. shotgun
3. startale
4. hax lone hax , im quite sure he hax. so is many respected old players in the server.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »
I was drunk when I wrote that but yeah IL isn't going to do anything and neither am i. I'm not going to put time and money into something that's been slowly dying.. that's a really bad investment and makes no sense to me. Once war2 dies I'll start a server and rebuild it..

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 10:57:29 AM »
well right now its on the ^ idk how long its will last.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
I'll wait till people are all ready to make the switch. . Others have tried starting thier own server but the community wasn't ready to make the switch. Trust issues with the people starting the new servers was a big factor tho

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »
music is definitely not a negative aspect of streams imo! I wish all war2 streamers had war2 soundtrack playing at an appropriately unobtrusive volume during their streams. At the very least it mitigates that horrible void of silence during the period between start of game & finished construction of first farm...

How the hell do i get music on the combat edition? I would love to have that but didnt know it was possible.

put in your cd or torrent war2bne iso & mount on virtual drive then copy/paste install.exe into war2combat folder
squeak!

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2016, 08:11:40 PM »
tk i really enjoyed your gow training videos as a new player, i was anxious to see more being posted about other strats,

the basics are very good to learn but this game is about adapting to what your opponent does

it would be interesting to see more advanced videos like chopout rush, ogre rush, towering from 6, playing from middle etc

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2016, 08:20:15 PM »
tk i really enjoyed your gow training videos as a new player, i was anxious to see more being posted about other strats,

the basics are very good to learn but this game is about adapting to what your opponent does

it would be interesting to see more advanced videos like chopout rush, ogre rush, towering from 6, playing from middle etc

Would anyone else like to volunteer to do an updated Gow training series? Preferably a tier 1-2 player.
war2 > war3

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2016, 08:58:49 PM »
The only person that comes to mind is greenplastic/00joe. He's the only one that has both the fundamentals down and is articulate enough to convey them to new players.

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 02:53:17 AM »
Wouldn't take a tier 1 or 2 player to communicate fundamentals, just takes intelligence in the sense of knowing how to organize the ideas and some basic knowledge of video editing to assist presenting them.  I could do the former but no idea on the latter.

Video 1 would be showing how to build halls.  "You want to build your hall as close to the gold mine as possible while maximizing the flow of gold - you don't want your peons to get stuck or be bumping into each other."  *Cut to examples of bad halls, explaining what is happening.  One where it's too far away, one where the flow is impeded (bad placement in 11, for example), one where you put buildings in the gold flow.*  Then show the standard hall placement for each spot while simultaneously touching on the spot numbers.

Video 2 would maybe be a good time to go over popout order and the concept of wall ins.  Show a barracks walling in 11 by itself, show it getting attacked and point out how the peons are able to repair it safely.  After that show how grunts pop out of it, followed by some more advanced popout order stuff (build a smith behind the barracks, pointing out how it affects the popout to outside the base), finally followed by a tower below 9's mine which combines both principles simultaneously - the peon pops out to the left and is now safe to repair.

Video 3 would show how to do a basic rush.  Start out by touching on the fact that the key to a rush is having gold, and you should never stop making peons throughout the game, *cut to a brief 20 second clip of making a peon, doing stuff while it builds, immediately making another one, etc, pointing out what you're doing ("See, as soon as it's done I immediately make another, this needs to become a habit for you"*.  Then show a basic build order of farm rax farm smith, then tell them the same principle of never stop making a peon applies to not stopping making grunts.  Tell them to upgrade first level shields as soon as they can, first level swords as soon as they can.

Video 4 would continue with the basics of grunts/rushing, focusing on two things.  The first would be the principles behind retreating.  "During the early game, every grunt is important and can be the difference between winning and losing."  Show a clip of a player losing 2 grunts to 4, then show a clip of that same situation but with the two grunts retreating, joining back up with five grunts, killing the four grunts, then running into the 4-grunt base and winning.  The second thing would be chokes.  Would be best to show a 3v1 choke to make the advantage more visually apparent, followed by the standard 4v3 choke at 2.  Could potentially follow this up by going into flanking, where a group of your grunts attacks a straight line of grunts on the end, which essentially combines the principles of microing grunt movement and number advantages. 

Video 5 could start out being all about tower battles followed by avoiding standard lethal weaknesses to towers at the applicable bases (behind 4, 5, 6).  Basically a guide to not dying in the first two minutes of the game.  I think this would be a good time to go into it, as two of the three most important fundamentals have already been covered (peon creation, popout order).  The other fundamental, which would be taught now, would just be how towers work - how far they shoot, counting the spots to create repairable towers, etc.

Well I'm getting lazier with each post so I'll stop for now but I think that would be a fine way to organize the first five videos if anyone had the motivation.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:55:18 AM by Sentinel1 »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2016, 04:00:00 AM »
Those are good ideas Sentinel. Adding the edits for videos 1 and 4 showing proper halls and bad halls & its effects is a good idea specially. Since most new players don't see the difference. Could then go on to say things like with the bad hall it would be like having 7 peons on gold instead of 11 due to the mining speed etc.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:02:17 AM by Winchester »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2016, 09:12:55 AM »
In my opinion u will make "zombies"and only gow,strategy at axolotl is enough