Author Topic: In what order would you rate these players?  (Read 18728 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: In what order would you rate these players?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2016, 09:34:58 AM »
Only map people play on the server is "gow" unfortunately. And its better to have a bunch of zombies who at least know how to build and make units then have a bunch of newbs, that make their hall 6 spaces away.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2016, 09:59:38 AM »
I play a lot of maps.. the reason my vids focused on gow was because it is the most played map, but also because I believe its the most diverse map/speed. The skills it takes to learn gow translate easier to other maps.. rather than learning something like archers, gseps, hsc, kotr.. and trying to then learn gow.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2016, 10:14:37 AM »
they are diffrent, for example i played vs alf at "a continent to explore"  i rushed with 2 rax( i dont remember when i made 2 rax, mby 12x2 but skip 2 and make more) i made stronghold without mill (omg noob no mill 1111111!!!!ONEONE11) i make lvl 5 at hall (also dont remember when i made it with hall 12x2 only)

if i rush lvl 3 alf would crush me easy
if i made mill alf would crush me easy
if i rush 1 rax alf would crush me  easy
etc

U need only basic strategy from axotolt form, if some1 understand this strategy he will be fine
Also u need know a bit map, what can do your opponent, if he cant close base he will rush 100% but u need scout, is it 1 rax rush or 2 or mby he will sit and tech for orges, if he can close base, maybe he went 2 hall/power/dual, he close base and made only troll, mby fake power and he is going rush
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:38:10 AM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »
That's all true but this would be a guide to get a player at least able to participate in a game.  They'll never come close to understanding the intricacies of what you just posted if they can't at least survive the first two minutes of the game, or cant contribute enough to do a basic rush - because they'll just keep getting booted.  These videos would basically just be giving them the tools to be able to learn further.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2016, 01:14:44 PM »
Yeah.. the series I have planned is going to be like a 3-4 part series.. introduction explaining basic mechanics, beginner going going over basic builds/strategies, intermediate which will go over some more complex strats and builds, then advanced... would probably be well over 50 videos the way I intend to do it.. im just not going to do it for a community of 50 active players and declining. Its a lot of work just putting 1 video together... if one of u are down to do it more power to you. I'll wait until I feel confident the investment is worth it personally.

Offline d0ng3rdik

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2016, 02:44:54 PM »
Episode 4: 30k gold/18 wood resource management

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2016, 07:24:22 AM »
U need only basic strategy from axotolt form, if some1 understand this strategy he will be fine

agree. making nice user-friendly videos that cover the same material wouldn't hurt though, same info in a new medium to expose it to more people
squeak!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2016, 07:54:44 AM »

agree. making nice user-friendly videos that cover the same material wouldn't hurt though, same info in a new medium to expose it to more people

Yamon, ingognito, or burnt. Would any of you be interested in makeing 5-6 vids summarizing axeolt's training videos?
war2 > war3

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2016, 10:56:03 AM »
Why 5-6? It's a lot of material to cover, I've always thought bite-sized vids would be more effective
squeak!

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2016, 11:55:12 AM »
Why 5-6? It's a lot of material to cover, I've always thought bite-sized vids would be more effective

I want to see full videos, Xurnt is our man. He is the face of war2 at this point.

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
Yamon, ingognito, or burnt. Would any of you be interested in makeing 5-6 vids summarizing axeolt's training videos?

you are so clueless.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »

you are so clueless.

Would you like to make a 4-5 part vid series azazel.
war2 > war3

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »
short videos such as unit summaries would be good as well, part 1 peons would be about peon production, res management, offense towering, defending with peons etc

part 2 grunts/footies would be about early game rushes, when to stop making grunts, why lvl 3 grunts are most economical etc

i think there is a vast amount of content that new players have trouble understanding

if there was more content on war2 this server would have hundreds of players, it's a timeless classic

2017 let's make war2 great again

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2016, 05:30:50 PM »
how too rush
https://www.facebook.com/war2combat/videos/682674971908558/
u got video u can do something with it
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »
I would have to train myself before being able to do that

But if anyone wants to upload them to the youtube.com/war2combat they can.