Poll

POLL: Should users be allowed to either directly or indirectly advertise/promote hacks?

Yes
5 (29.4%)
No
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 23, 2015, 07:49:15 AM

Author Topic: POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?  (Read 24978 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2015, 12:35:41 PM »
Also, check his profile in game, he probably has it linked in there too.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2015, 12:44:46 PM »
I think this dude has some alternative agenda, asking all this stuff about PVPGN and soirce code for host bot. I think he is planning on making a private server for custom players and was just trying to start a fight with the community to justify it. There is literally no other reason I can see for him to be so stubbern about removing the hacks,
Hes a network engineer....this is wut they do on their off times for fun....some people jerk off while others setup servers. [emoji14]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »
im sure he does both
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2015, 01:07:22 PM »
im sure he does both
Who doesn't? [emoji57] [emoji106]

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »
I have not broken any server rules nor am I currently, if you are referring to #7, I have not incited anyone to break any rules, if anything I have directly encouraged against breaking server rules

I realize english is not your first language but learn me this

Incite: urge or persuade

I have neither urged or persuaded anyone to use hacks, in fact I have done the exact opposite, persuading against using them on server.

Also Claw misquotes me on democracy: Democracy fails WHEN the majority are idiots.

If iL does not step in and you guys go through with this, it will set a precedent, allowing future polls that control any aspect of any players life outside of his gameplay

This an overreach of forum members voting power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any form of political system has it's flaws and democracy itself, in my opinion, is just the people becoming their own form of tyrant.  51% get their way while 49% are now subjected to something they do not want.  It's not perfect but it's better than leaving the decisions to one person or a small group of people.  Communism really isn't a good way to describe the system here considering that it's a socio-economic system made up of various components, most of which are completely irrelevant in this community.  One of these components is Totalitarianism (rather Totalitarian Democracy in our case), which is what I believe you're referring to, and I don't agree that it's the current state we're in.  We have a Direct Democracy here where everyone is given the equal right to vote on community decisions and it's exactly what iL has been promoting for a while now.

We are not forcing you to remove it from your own website.  It's your website and you may do whatever you want with it.  I could understand if we were having a poll to demand that it be taken down from your website as it's not anyone's say but yours.  However, just as you have your right to do whatever you want with your website, we have the right to do what we want with ours which includes the removal of a website that a hack can be downloaded from.  Most of us would like to see you continue advertising your tournament on the forum, calendar, and the server.  I personally would have removed it as soon as I received the feedback on it from the rest of the community to avoid further conflict and continue promoting my tournament without any setbacks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:58:07 PM by Rit »

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2015, 12:18:37 AM »
Well sounds like you and claw should watch my desktop. I'll show you current process of the macro less bot. Right now I think IL fucked something with version check because my bot is only connecting us west and auto dis on another other server.... very werid.... i was so close...

Well put it this way this new problem is stopping me from getting on war2ru now.... should be an easy fix... if someone has a working warwinner that connect to ru send it to me now So i can rip the files...

Anways I'm at the part with the bot where it creates a game with different random port. Just finshed that code compiled and war2 won't connect to ru Only uswest.battle.net..... so i guess I'll go on west and see if I can join if success I am 90% done With bot.

Edit: and claw I won't have to parse from a bot because the program is a bot LOL I can send and receive msgs even add a game lobby Chat from the bot gui!!! I've seen that for starcraft not war2 ;) Imagination of my commands...  !vote start, if we find some documents in game lobby packets we could make cool command from banning, to open slots, best part of all ping kick hahahha bye bye lag lol I'm sure it will be buggy as hell though lol....

If the new rule has been voted that any player mentioning a hack by name or link to hack will be banned, regardless of whether the hack was used for a legitimate purpose, and regardless of whether the player himself does not use the hack unfairly (against players on server) and does not incite others to hack,

Then this rule either needs to be enforced on Tupac to stop his production of using warwinner, and all references / links to it must be removed with punishment being banning tupac from server, or else this absurd voted rule needs to be overturned

iL should vetoe this vote

Also if shits going to get this petty and political, we need an unchanging constitution, and there should not be voting to change the constitution rules.

What if the community all voted to allow server attack attempts to be allowed? Then would the rules be changed? No.

The rules should not be changed by vote in this case either. Im not breaking any rules. Deal with it. You cant vote in new rules because you dont like my custom maps.

Its not a problem of hacks. How many reports of hacking on server have we had since all this controversy? Zero? No ones even downloaded it according to my analytics, nobody really cares except GoW worshipping, newb s9 banning assholes like teron.

This is a problem of how much control do we want the community to have in voting power

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:51:25 AM by USA~Archer »

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2015, 12:44:11 AM »
just an fyi
promotion of hacks has been forbidden before you even joined this server

you  are encouraged to either
a) remove hack from your site
b) dont mention your site to anyone in the game.

or face the consequences

plain and simple.

and dont give me that crap that it will be downloaded for legitimate purposes, that's not something you can assure anyone of.
its a free download link on the site

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:46:09 AM by SmurfKinG »

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2015, 01:05:47 AM »
You didnt address anything that I said

Let me dumb it down for you homer simpson,

Tupac is in violation of the same "new rule" by referencing warwinner which is an old winbot being rebuilt to be a hosting bot. Tupac asked if someone can post a copy of the original warwinner so he can work on it.

Under this new rule, he should be banned for referencing hacks (it doesnt matter that he is using them for legit reason, and not encouraging others to use them)

And if anyone posts a link to the warwinner code, he will have to be banned also

This is an absurd overreach of voting power with the intent to create a rule to ban a player (me) who has not violated any rules.

iL needs to vetoe this, and take away the ability for community to ban players by vote directly or indirectly (by creating new rules) simply bc the other player doesnt like custom maps

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:08:31 AM by USA~Archer »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2015, 01:44:51 AM »
You didnt address anything that I said

Let me dumb it down for you homer simpson,

Tupac is in violation of the same "new rule" by referencing warwinner which is an old winbot being rebuilt to be a hosting bot. Tupac asked if someone can post a copy of the original warwinner so he can work on it.

Under this new rule, he should be banned for referencing hacks (it doesnt matter that he is using them for legit reason, and not encouraging others to use them)

And if anyone posts a link to the warwinner code, he will have to be banned also

This is an absurd overreach of voting power with the intent to create a rule to ban a player (me) who has not violated any rules.

iL needs to vetoe this, and take away the ability for community to ban players by vote directly or indirectly (by creating new rules) simply bc the other player doesnt like custom maps

Just let it be clear that Homer Simpson is actually suing him for defamation of character.  :P

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:09 AM »
They are not banning users I think. Just removing infringing links? You are still posting here as far as I can see. So why go around saying that we should ban tupac or someone posting those links?
Only you have posted downloadable hacks so far as much as I can see...
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2015, 02:41:39 AM »
USA~Archer, you said you would take it down if iL directly asked you to. Are you backing off from it now?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »
If the new rule has been voted that any player mentioning a hack by name or link to hack will be banned, regardless of whether the hack was used for a legitimate purpose, and regardless of whether the player himself does not use the hack unfairly (against players on server) and does not incite others to hack,

Then this rule either needs to be enforced on Tupac to stop his production of using warwinner, and all references / links to it must be removed with punishment being banning tupac from server, or else this absurd voted rule needs to be overturned

iL should vetoe this vote

Also if shits going to get this petty and political, we need an unchanging constitution, and there should not be voting to change the constitution rules.

What if the community all voted to allow server attack attempts to be allowed? Then would the rules be changed? No.

The rules should not be changed by vote in this case either. Im not breaking any rules. Deal with it. You cant vote in new rules because you dont like my custom maps.

Its not a problem of hacks. How many reports of hacking on server have we had since all this controversy? Zero? No ones even downloaded it according to my analytics, nobody really cares except GoW worshipping, newb s9 banning assholes like teron.

This is a problem of how much control do we want the community to have in voting power

iL has stated on multiple occasions that he does not feel it's his role to impose his views on the entire community, and tries to follow the will of the community as much as possible. He also acknowledges the authority of other admins to take the moderative actions they deem necessary. So name-dropping won't really help your cause in this case, and even if he does weigh in, in all likelihood he won't be taking the stance you're hoping for.

Considering all the time and energy that goes into detecting hackers, banning hackers and preventing hacking in general, the solution should be a no-brainer. Just don't promote hacks. Yes, they have a legitimate use in SP, but what percentage of overall users if that going to benefit? Yes, no one has apparently downloaded them & started hacking on the server, but conversely no one has apparently downloaded them for use in SP either. The bottom line is that the potential for harm by far outweighs the potential benefit; I don't see the point in extrapolating beyond that fact into a debate of universal ethics.

This entire situation is confusing and pointless. I really, really don't want to have to set up a filtering rule to censor references to your website. I don't want to alienate you, and I don't want to potentially interfere with your tourney.

But, the majority agrees with that course of action, so that's probably what's going to happen if you choose not to remove the link to the hack on your website, and I'll advise server admins to enforce the same policy on the server (if they aren't already).
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »
He has been told many times nicely to take it down and he has refused and continues to indirectly link to his site on the forums. I think its time to set up the filtering. Lightbringer has to waste his time editing the links and I have to waste my time reporting them to him.

The maphack has no use in single player when you can simply type on screen, its meant for multiplayer. Also, I am sure he has it linked in game and people have downloaded it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:09:21 AM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
He has been told many times nicely to take it down and he has refused and continues to indirectly link to his site on the forums. I think its time to set up the filtering. Lightbringer has to waste his time editing the links and I have to waste my time reporting them to him.

The maphack has no use in single player when you can simply type on screen, its meant for multiplayer. Also, I am sure he has it linked in game and people have downloaded it.
Mappack has buildhacks, so it can be pretty useful in single player. Don't believe there are cheat codes for that.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »

Mappack has buildhacks, so it can be pretty useful in single player. Don't believe there are cheat codes for that.

if someone needs a buildhack to play against computers, I don't know what to tell you. Either way as mousetopher said in her awesome post,

"The bottom line is that the potential for harm by far outweighs the potential benefit"
Kali IGL Stats