Author Topic: I challenge Blid for his admin tag.  (Read 17945 times)

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: I challenge Blid for his admin tag.
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2016, 09:50:36 PM »
I played Venruki while I was getting back into wc2. We went 2-3. Swift would have 7-0 me in that time frame so Venruki cannot be him!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2016, 09:58:01 PM »
I played Venruki while I was getting back into wc2. We went 2-3. Swift would have 7-0 me in that time frame so Venruki cannot be him!

Swift isn't very good any more.. he smurfs, loses, then says yamon was playing

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2016, 09:59:32 PM »
Yamon will gladly own up to his own losses.

Lone - you don't know who Venruki is?
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2016, 10:00:59 PM »
He went 7-1 with ruz when ruz was just coming back.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2016, 10:01:59 PM »
Yamon would say he licks dogs sphincters for fun if you told him to.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »
IP addresses can confirm such as well. It's so hard for you to believe that nobody but yourself is incapable of staying away from the game. I'll be back to own everyone in 2018 at the earliest.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2016, 10:11:52 PM »
Blid does an amazing job at being an admin though. I don't get why the retards of the community don't understand that having an admin that allows free speech alone is worth having him there. This thread wouldn't even still exist if anyone else was an admin. The same reason is why Axo was such a good admin and his forums lasted so long. Him being neutral with his position of power is what the server needs. Could you imagine some rampant raging retards like Equinox, Lance, Space, Sepi, Van, or any other mongoloid as head admin? This thread wouldn't exist, half the player base would be banned because of favoritism, your favorite smurf name would be outed because you beat an admin, and war2 as a whole would be much worse off. What exactly do you want from Blid? He pays for the server out of his own pocket, he allows everyone here to shit talk him, and he's not sitting here abusing his power. It's not necessarily an admin's responsibility to advertise, bring new players in, train new players, or whatever the fuck you want him to do he's not doing. Anyone who's passionate about that can do that without any admin at all. I know any chance I get I promote the game and I am not alone. Just recently I got hosted from a popular SC2 streamer I used to play with for just under 1k viewers. Look at Ritalin on the facebook page! He's passionate and doesn't require admin or channel moderator in order to figure out which smurf is which. War2 has run it's course. You need to either step up yourself, or just stfu and get off blid's nuts about his admin. Blid does his job, and does it well. We have anti-hack, a ladder HE coded, we have color fixes, we have builtin war lat, we have replay viewers, and we have a great website to help new people get started on the game. He doesn't let anything get personal and prevents things from going to far over the line and protects user's privacy. That's all we need from a head admin, imo.
Protects users identity. You are pretty fucking stupid huh?

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2016, 10:49:57 PM »
Venruki or Stratale is one of the 3 players I'm going to take down before I hope to face you or Viruz given that you accept the challenge!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:32:37 AM by Lone »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2016, 07:16:22 AM »
I haven't played in several weeks.

yeah, but you're dreaming about us. You're cracking, man!

advertise at least 10 different places a month (youtube channels, gaming forums, facebook...)
be logged on as admin at least 20 hours a month (blid doesn't even do 1 hour a month)  so users can identify them and ask for assistance if needed
play a minimum of 50 games a month  (encourages admins to engage in community)
stream a minimum of 20 games a month (also advertisement for the server)

pretty basic shit that admins should already be doing imo... if they don't meet expectations, demote them ... if they go above and beyond expectations, give them other perks .. like access to database or forum admin etc.. maybe some sort of recognition ...

That's not a bad suggestion really, but would make much more sense if we had a huge community & lots of people willing to step up and assume responsibility. But we don't, as we've been over so many times now.
squeak!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »
You're right.. we donot have a huge commuity.. and it's o ly getting smaller.. and to me, the reasons why are obvious.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »
There are different levels of power also.. +voice, moderstor, admin, admin with access to DB... guarantee if an application(hiring) process was made public more than a few players would show interest.  Start them out as voice for a month.. see if they meet/exceed duties.. bump up to moderator for 3 months.. see if they meey/exceed duties.. bump up to admin for a year.. see if meet/exceed duties.. give database access ... something along those lines.  If they fuck up or lose interest then demote/remove.

But if people have a clear path to a position they desire an the clear expectations of what it takes to get there.. they will more than likely meet expectations.. and when expectations involve promoting the server it's inevitable that new people will not only log on, but have active admins to give them early support/assistance.. but it would take a leader to monitor/keep track of/hold accountable the new "hires"  .. which brings us back to my initial complaint.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2016, 12:31:48 PM »
Especially when you got like 8 different active members of the .ru support staff (voice, moderator, admins..)  .. that means 8 different people advertising 8 different places, with 8 different streams.. I don't see how the server wouldn't grow.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »
Put your problems with me aside iL, Give me admin and permission to do it and I will make it happen. I will coordinate with other admins before promoting anyone above the position of voice. I'll double the server in 1 year guaranteed or remove my admin and say I was wrong.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:27 PM »
If u agree IL I'll even make a comprehensive in depth step-by-step training tutorial on you tube for all the new users who join.. walking them through the very basics of units, building placement, building order .. to tower tactics, Unit control, etc.. everything from new, intermediate, to advanced level... probably will take 50 or more videos... I've been thinking about doing it but I dont see the point with a dying community

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2016, 06:14:24 PM »
What the fuck is going on in this thread?