Author Topic: Multiple accounts / smurfing  (Read 1450 times)

Offline KGBagent70

• Peon
    • View Profile
Multiple accounts / smurfing
« on: February 26, 2024, 08:52:35 PM »
Does the server record ip addresses or is there some way to identify which accounts are linked together? I think the community is doing a better job of realizing we have to balance games since the player pool is small so transparency is appreciated, but a few players like to hop on alternate accounts which makes that a little more difficult.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple accounts / smurfing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 11:28:39 AM »
yes but only admins at forum can do it(tora, ill, mistral?)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline 00Brett

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 11:40:01 AM »
You can also run a packet capture using a tool like Wireshark.  You essentially look for traffic on 6112, record those IP Addresses and keep your own "database" of players.  It's a bit cumbersome, but I keep a spreadsheet I can reference when I am curious who a new smurf is.  If you're curious to learn how to do this hit me up on discord sometime and I can help you get started.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 10:09:53 PM »
Stop telling people how to search other people's private IPs. Yes, you are going to say, well, it's already out there, so what's the big difference? The difference is only a handful of people know how to get them and it's not the safest thing in the first place. Don't teach other people how to find other people's personal information or a shortcut into their computers. Have some respect for the others on here and keep it to yourself.

Offline JcNoob4Eva

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 05:55:56 AM »
Who cares about smurfing? Play 1 game and you know...

Offline 00Brett

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 08:03:39 PM »
Stop telling people how to search other people's private IPs. Yes, you are going to say, well, it's already out there, so what's the big difference? The difference is only a handful of people know how to get them and it's not the safest thing in the first place. Don't teach other people how to find other people's personal information or a shortcut into their computers. Have some respect for the others on here and keep it to yourself.

It's not a PRIVATE ip, it's a PUBLIC address...

It's a peer to peer game on a public network....  The worst thing you can do is figure out what approximate City/State people are in...  If you're that worried about it get an anonymous vpn.  There are several players that do this as well.