Author Topic: October 24th $100 GOW Tournament Finals: 00Joe vs Braviet  (Read 50687 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: October 24th $100 GOW Tournament Finals: 00Joe vs Braviet
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »
He plays only micro from what I understand. He doesn't claim to be good at any pball builds

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2015, 06:37:19 PM »
Blid I think you have a better understanding of this but really probably not fully either. I have literally played 1000's of people 1v1 over the years, it's not a number I made up. I play everyone who wants to play, in fact after the next GOW and PBall tournament ~Tora~ wants to be a "Beat Smeagol Event" where any GOW player can try to beat me in a best 5 in 45 Man for $50. I don't have to think hard about it Blid, I have beaten people that are 100x better than Swift in PBall currently, and even if practices up that are far better than he will be in PBall.
you are very confident, perhaps too confident.  Say swift gets a chance to properly practice the map for a day or two, and then comes in and beats you at it.  Everything you've said on these forums will have been exposed. if a guy who practiced the map for 2 days can own someone who is the "best ever" and has played "1000s" over the years, then youd have convincingly lost the debate for good, right?  And you would be nothing but a newb who beats other newbs on a newb map?  So, how confident are you? 

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »
Blid I think you have a better understanding of this but really probably not fully either. I have literally played 1000's of people 1v1 over the years, it's not a number I made up. I play everyone who wants to play, in fact after the next GOW and PBall tournament ~Tora~ wants to be a "Beat Smeagol Event" where any GOW player can try to beat me in a best 5 in 45 Man for $50. I don't have to think hard about it Blid, I have beaten people that are 100x better than Swift in PBall currently, and even if practices up that are far better than he will be in PBall.

Smeagol, every single person on this forum aside from maybe a few of your oblivious custom buddies, 100% undoubtably believes that I would crush you at pball, the only varying difference in opinion will come down to how much practice I would need to do so. To expand on that, I'm sure most of them think that they themselves, or at least many other gow players, would be able to beat you as well with some practice.

Again, that's not an arguing point. So, you shouldn't take offense to what I said. I'm just stating the facts of the situation. I'll say it again though because I want you to be offended, almost every single person on here doesn't respect anything you're saying and 100% will always know that your map is a joke, and any top gow player is leagues above you in understanding your own map. We frown on almost every single custom as newb maps, and completely believe pball to be the "newbiest" of all major custom type maps.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2015, 06:40:23 PM »
Hey swift you know there's a $200 pball tournament on Nov 14th right?  That could pay for your new mouse.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2015, 06:41:25 PM »
Its impossible to play any pball map for more than 5 games before they get bored and move to a new map with different units, different layout, and different amount of units. I'd love to be able to get a solid 30-40 games in a row in. Even the pballers get bored of their mindless maps after a few runs at them

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2015, 06:43:46 PM »
ill be on war2 probably a few nights this week if anyone wants to practice.  i dont believe these maps play to my personal skill set (im slow), but if you wanna play a few hit me up.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
October 24th $100 GOW Tournament Finals: 00Joe vs Braviet
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2015, 06:43:58 PM »
Its impossible to play any pball map for more than 5 games before they get bored and move to a new map with different units, different layout, and different amount of units. I'd love to be able to get a solid 30-40 games in a row in. Even the pballers get bored of their mindless maps after a few runs at them

Idk how you Garden of Whores don't drop dead after endlessly playing the same map.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2015, 06:47:18 PM »

Idk how you Garden of Whores don't drop dead after endlessly playing the same map.

Its so complex and versatile almost no 2 games are the same

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2015, 06:49:33 PM »
It really only becomes uninteresting when you realize you are as good as you're going to be without investing more time into it.. and when you're playing a few hours a day that's not always an appealing option

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2015, 06:50:34 PM »

Its so complex and versatile almost no 2 games are the same

[emoji23], good one.

I'll give you one good thing about the map tho, it's a great sleep aid.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:53:15 PM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2015, 06:53:34 PM »
Its true.. the top player's 1v1's are kinds boring because they have it down to such a science and are so competitive they do a limited amount of strays against each other but there are a lot of risks and variations taken in 2v2s

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »
Swift there are no PBallers on this forum so big deal what your GOW buddies believe. You will get raped, there is no doubt, there is no question, you will just get raped. Blid even IF he won a best of 5 series which he won't I have still won 14-7 in tournaments and he won't EVER beat me consistently. I could sit here and tell everyone how I'd own you in GOW Swift, then dodge and just talk more shit when you say it isn't true. I'm not that stupid, you are however, you can spout all the bullshit you want, you're still going to get raped and have no skill in PBall. Play 1v1 or stfu because your talk means nothing and is just bullshit.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2015, 06:54:38 PM »
That's my issue. We'll find out when we practice, TK, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to withstand playing a map over and over that has such a limited skill set long enough so that I get into a pattern and have some form of muscle memory down so that I am quicker than blowgol.

The problem is that it has such a limited amount of skills, and within those skills a limited learning curve for each. Because of this, I am unable to fully employ my incomparably superior skill set, and I am instead subject to dumbing myself down to try to match the muscle memory / repetition of someone whos played a skill-less map thousands of times. A map with such a minuscule amount of strategy, that the only relevant difference between two players is which has greater reaction time.  It's like playing Burnt on Free Castles. He's not even necessarily faster than you overall, nor more strategical (obviously strategy is almost entirely non-existent in free castles, yet still substantially more that of what pball has), he's just been doing things long enough that he has shit down to muscle memory and that's the only thing he needs to beat a better player at it.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2015, 06:54:56 PM »
Its true.. the top player's 1v1's are kinds boring because they have it down to such a science and are so competitive they do a limited amount of strays against each other but there are a lot of risks and variations taken in 2v2s

Post some good 2v2s then.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2015, 06:56:25 PM »
I'm done arguing Swift you know absolutely nothing about PBall and will get raped no matter how much you practice. It's a sad joke you think you could beat me and it won't happen, bullshit and dodge on kid.