Author Topic: An Open Letter To The Community  (Read 17804 times)

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: An Open Letter To The Community
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2023, 02:51:37 PM »
Unfortunately, there is always a whole bunch of nuances that no one usually thinks about. But all this is in the past.

Regarding “rebalance” - it is optional, no one forbids you to play classics. Classic, by the way, is the default. There was a discussion with the community, no need to lie.

Well, you can continue to play in a narrow circle of people with “2.5 diggers”, or you can try to develop the game.

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 03:39:46 PM »
Rebalance is fine how it is. Is not default and easy to set. Like those triggers map.

I do not like but this not impact me as I can just host classic …same for that ogre head thing. It’s just more options to those who wanna play those mods. Don’t see any problem.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2023, 07:31:25 PM »
I see you still got no idea how should looks a normal community, "i want i will make it"

"We talk about changes we made them to balance game so maybe it can bring new people"
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Adam

• Peon
  • akas: dEaD[II]ChRisT    Dama   Ax]HasTe-   ZoLoFt-
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2023, 05:44:16 PM »
If suddenly a place appears in the English-speaking environment where interested fans of the second Warcraft will intensively create something for the benefit of Warcraft 2, we promise help and assistance.

But we can assure you for sure that we are interested in collaborating with active people from the English-speaking community! Because our goal is to comprehensively improve Warcraft 2.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will definitely make a note of this and I may contact you in the future.
[Project War 2 Custom]
Message me if you're interested.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2023, 06:13:49 PM »
The most underrated feature of this game is /squelch. I do it to Van all of the time. I'm personally tired of engaging in such arguments. That was one of the reasons BS left for sure. I recall some of the chats I've seen. He was pretty brutal. You can't control what people say but what you can control is how you handle it. Argue and get mad at the people/game or you can avoid it and play with people you can play with. The more you play, the better you get and the more people you meet.

Everyone doesn't need to be friends. It would be nice, but I've never seen or heard of a game where that is the situation. Ours is unique in terms of the smaller community, I get that. I'll go back to what I've said for years and years. Host your own games. Be in control of you. Everyone doesn't need to play in every game hosted or with the top players. I get obs'd when the top people are playing sometimes, and I accept it.

The biggest reason for shit talking is competition due to skill gaps. Relate this to life. If you are the worst worker at a job, you are probably going to get fired. If you are the worst player for a sports team, you will get dropped. If you are a bad bf/gf, you will get dumped, if you are a terrible student in a school project group, people will dislike you and not want to be with you again. This is life people and all of these examples are relative. I've seen noob games where people do the same as the higher skilled games.

If you are the "worst", don't take it personally. This is based on skill, not necessarily who you are as a person. (Everything I say is a generalization) If you suck and people give you shit, be in control of you. You can say things like, I'm sorry man, I'm really trying. What could I have done better? I've said that to someone before who was very mean to me and that stopped it believe it or not.

Let's translate this to real life, put 50 people together in a room/community/whatever. Do they all get along? Put 20 people together, do they all get along? This is life people, not Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. Handle this like you would handle life.

I'm 100% for the effort of inclusion but I do still want to play my competitive games, or I wouldn't play. That is for many other people as well.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 06:17:36 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2023, 09:03:02 PM »
there is nice plugin for mute, you muted someone, you will not see message from that person anymore  :beam:

Noone is should be mad that someone bad in game, if a guy
- can write/read message
-is not troll
- play 1000 games and he still build something between hall - gold mine (example)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience