Author Topic: 2v2 Tournament 8.5 --OFFICIAL RULES--  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
2v2 Tournament 8.5 --OFFICIAL RULES--
« on: August 05, 2023, 02:05:16 AM »
Welcome everyone to the 2s tournament- starting at 12PM EST- hosted by Tora and Harrywangs. Here are some rules and guidelines for today.

1) If you are eliminated early, there is "2nd tournament", starting immediately after your elimination (you must play 1st tourney to play 2nd), for those who qualify (R1 and maybe some R2 teams); which includes a $100 prize for the winners.

2) DM me your teams. I will not be in chat due to spam.

3) Initial match ups will be posted on forum here. Once your matchup is posted, you may play. Shortly after that, and everything is established, I will create the actual brackets and post the link on here and my profile.

4) Report each win/loss to me after each game.

5) Any team that smurfs- yes you player- (1 or both players- R1 and on) and qualifies for the prize money will only receive half of the prize and will need to be revealed as well. Please play under your known name. If you don't, you will forfeit due to lack of obedience, and the next team will receive the prize.

6) Laggers will be given a reasonable amount of time to correct it. If that cannot be accomplished, the team with the lagger/s will be disqualified. Contact Harrywangs or Tora when it initially happens.

7) If your team is not ready for the next game within a reasonable amount of time and with consideration to where everyone else is in the tournament, you may be disqualified.

8) Obs priority will be as such (games may be restarted if this becomes an issue)
   A) Tournament Hosts- Harrywangs/Tora
   B) Streamers- Who are known to have viewers (minimum 30 second delay)
   C) Players who played in the tournament- Those who went the furthest will have priority
   D) Players who did not play in the tournament- Sorry, your friends get last priority

9)  Any and all necessary final decisions will be made by Harrywangs or Tora

Prizes:

1st- $500
2nd- $250
3rd- $150

2nd Tournament (eliminated teams that qualify) 1st place- $100

Round 1- BO3
Round 2– TBD (Depends on number of participants)
Round 3- TBD (Depends on number of participants)
Round 4- TBD (Depends on number of participants)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: 2v2 Tournament 8.5 --OFFICIAL RULES--
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 11:32:21 AM »
 Up

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 12:54:15 PM »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 05:22:52 PM »
Final Results:

1st Place- u8 and Teaboy- 4-2

2nd Place- Swift/Startale- 2-4

3rd Place- Viruz/Wargasm- 4-0? 4th Place team did not show

Elimination Winner- Not enough participants- Actually, none (could have won $100 if one team played vs another- sad)

Overall, honestly, the turnout was pretty shitty in my opinion. Very disappointed. I advertised for 4 weeks and messaged many people. I almost cancelled it because we didn't have enough participants. We had to wait over 30mins after the tourney was supposed to start and begged people to play. Most didn't want to play I think because there was no point when they have no chance vs the top teams. I'm not sure people understood the 2nd tournament- I tried very hard to make it known.

This will probably be the last one I host. If I can't get enough people to want to play, there is no reason to do it. I would do a "no pros" tournament, but I still don't think people will understand or show up for it anyways.

Those who played, thanks for coming out. Especially the teams that weren't as competitive. Thanks for those who streamed as well. Thank you, Tora, for sponsoring this, as always. Everyone should be thanking him for all of these, including the new ladder duda is doing. Kind of pisses me off how everyone on here claims they make 400k but won't put a penny into it like Tora does. Anyways, I'm just being pissy now.

https://challonge.com/3yo9ite9

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 05:51:32 PM »
Oh yes , thanks for your effort Harry and sorry but I could not play .

Indeed, is not easy. I know how you are feeling .
Sometimes people just don’t show up. Still you got a very high level tournament, you did a good job.

Is also true people usually don’t understand the rules and you always need to explain or tell them to not leave etc

Cheers

Offline LuX

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 06:55:07 PM »
Oh yes , thanks for your effort Harry and sorry but I could not play .

Indeed, is not easy. I know how you are feeling .
Sometimes people just don’t show up. Still you got a very high level tournament, you did a good job.

Is also true people usually don’t understand the rules and you always need to explain or tell them to not leave etc

Cheers

I agree with Duda. From looking at the brackets you pretty much have all the high level players participating which is hard to get. Pretty good accomplishment if you ask me. Will try to join the next one if there is one. Well done Harry and Tora. Appreciate all the time you took to put into this tournament. I am sure this will create some nice replays we can watch possibly on YouTube.

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 03:57:27 PM »
Congrats to u8 and tea…
Mega good games.

Thanks to wangs for organizing and tora for the prizes.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 11:28:40 AM »
Was away all weekend.

Good to see this tournament went down well and all the players enjoyed themselves.
Any replays we can watch?
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2023, 05:05:51 AM »
Winners of this tournament can PM me their paypals.
Haven’t received any requests yet for payouts.
war2 > war3