Author Topic: Why doesn't everyone move to GOG?  (Read 14170 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Why doesn't everyone move to GOG?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2022, 02:42:37 AM »
Trog does not antagonize people and does not care where people come from or will go after his stream is over. There is no divide, just a common ground where people just meet and play a game they love with people they respect and feel respected by.
Glad to see that!

BTW we don't care if someone plays somewhere else, it's people choice: people play where they want to play, where it's better to play for them.

There will always be more than one place to play wc2. Question is, does it always have to be a matter of us against them.  :beam:
I am not about "us against them" now. I am about to play on one big server for everyone.
That is how things happened on late vpn.war2.ru in 2008: we have 10 russian people online, 8 join GOW, 2 don't play together but wait till the game finish to join to the BIG game.

When worldwide server.war2.ru appeared, everyone from vpn.war2.ru moved to server.war2.ru. The reason: you always have someone to play with.
Yes, some toxic players can kick you, wish you to go f**k yourself or w/e, but you still have an option to play with someone if you have nobody to play with russians now.

Russians still play together or with someone who will not kick them, but big online and big community - more options to play.
Probably one more problem is language barrier, lots russians don't know english at all, they just don't understand what english-spoken oldschool players talk them about.

I agree there need to be more than 1 place to play, to have a backup in the server is down. But it the server works fine, i don't see any reasons to play on different servers.
I think need to separate different subcommunities from each other, but that should be kinda "weak" separation, to still have an option to play together in one game if we have no one to play. That is how russians merged into worldwide war2 in 2008 and i think that was a good decision.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2022, 02:50:52 AM »
There is any tutorial or something to help the laggers? I think most of cases are just some config and not about connection speed....
Not sure if any tutorials are possible, almost everything possible is being autofixed now: hole punchers, uPNP, etc.
Lagging is a big problem in current internet. It not depends on the server or w/e, war2 is peer-to-peer game between each pair of players.
Doesn't matter if you join ru or usa or gog server.

BTW server.war2.ru located in USA. We tried to do everything we can, but players location is much more important than server location.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2022, 02:54:16 AM »
I started on May/2021 and on beginning nobody allowed me to play here... it was a insta ban in every game before starts until I start to host my own games.

Only two players let me play here before I improve a little bit...Equinox and Undine. Otherwise I would probably quit.
Oh! I didn't know everything is SO bad on war2ru now. Russian-spoken newcomers have no such pressing, as they most likely play together with other russians. Language barrier probably.

We definitely need to do something with such unfriendly behavior of worldwide part.

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2022, 03:02:48 PM »
an off topic question, the links on profile on war ru bnet are not working when using HD patch.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2022, 05:21:13 PM »
Only two players let me play here before I improve a little bit...Equinox and Undine. Otherwise I would probably quit.

Thank you for your honnesty my brother, you are a true men.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2022, 11:01:56 PM »
I cant even open the game anymore. Opens then closes back to desktop. Such a garbage product. I've had to play BWately because of it.

Offline Disgruntled

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2022, 12:20:00 AM »
im still angry about the server side patch that fflufed up the old version (4.01) for me with these color selection/watcher flags/etc
but dont mind me i'll just keep crashing every time

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2022, 03:53:16 AM »
@Disgruntled
Can you say what exactly happens? Crash when? Cannot even join serv or in game itself ?
What your comp specs and what OS using?
Is it still crashing? Maybe now its ok?

And main qestion why you not said that there was problems but just silently left? We would have fixed together with you.

Wtf i can only say for everyone - if you not saying that there problems i can only think that all ok. How can i know that something needs fix if everyone not saying.

How to write its ez - new post there on forum or pm me there or in discord.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2022, 03:53:42 AM »
Opens then closes back to desktop.
It's because smurfing limits is reached :))

And now seriously:
To send reports that located in [GameFolder]\Errors?...
To check your shitty 'antivirus' and tell him not blocking war2?...
To reinstall the game if something broken?...
Sure NO need to do anything, just crying.

Such a garbage product.
As if you paid named this "product".
Such a... impudent ignorant *** user.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 03:59:12 AM by Available »

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2022, 03:56:15 AM »
the old version (4.01)
Using exactly this version in 95% of cases. Having no problem at all.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2022, 05:28:56 AM »
I cant even open the game anymore. Opens then closes back to desktop. Such a garbage product. I've had to play BWately because of it.

restart pc
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2022, 10:38:52 AM »
I've restarted and tried on different days. Uninstalled and installed again. It's garbage for free I couldn't imagine paying for this

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2022, 11:13:26 AM »
Uninstalled and installed again
   You did not provide any information: error reports, av, etc.
No psychics among developers for holy vision @ your comp.

Ignoring the main things will not help:
To send reports that located in [GameFolder]\Errors?...
To check your shitty 'antivirus' and tell him not blocking war2?...

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2022, 12:10:28 PM »
For bara crying is more fun than fixing and playing the game.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2022, 11:51:30 AM »
If saying that a product is trash is crying then...