Author Topic: Ad Space  (Read 26317 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Space
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2015, 01:45:15 PM »
On another note I don't mind throwing a $1000 in ads if somebody is interested in matching me.
Its like TK said if we throw several thousand dollars in this we might get more players.
Then we might be able to do a big blitz and make our goal of 200-300 new players in a couple of days.

It's been ten years we can't get over 30 regulary players, i doubt your money will change something, there other probleme to resolve before trying what everyone else try and fail before you.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2015, 01:54:57 PM »
I believe if theres at least some newbies and the compstomp game hosted, they'll enjoy it here.
worst thing they could experice is the empty 'join' list followed by 'youre not able to host' followed by an insta ban from some public gow game

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2015, 02:15:28 PM »
I believe if theres at least some newbies and the compstomp game hosted, they'll enjoy it here.
worst thing they could experice is the empty 'join' list followed by 'youre not able to host' followed by an insta ban from some public gow game
That actually is a pretty big turn off for new players,
But if we can keep say 30 out of a 300 player sign up I would say it was worth it.
war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »
ill put $200 down .. thats all ill go for just cus i dont play the game any more

$200? Jesus Christ, we got a high roller over here. I made that much money in the time it took me to read your shitty post.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »
Disability pays better than I thought.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2015, 06:37:23 PM »
Ganz you are right that new players tend to lose tournaments. You are wrong though that cash tournaments won't attract new players just because they suck. Tora has also expressed interest in possibly having lower level / new player tournaments. A lot of people just like to play in a normal tournament or especially a cash tournament just for the fun of it or because it is cash. Cash tournaments also give new players the incentive to get good or aspire to so they can then maybe win the cash. Since late 2014 when I first started having PBall tournaments the PBall community has gained new players and the old players started to play a lot more because of the activity. My past tournaments I'm talking about weren't even cash tournaments and the PBall community got a lot more active because of them. I think GOW tournaments will help the same way it'll give new players an incentive to get good and get some existing players on more often. Tora as far as the ads it's up to you, maybe do some experimenting and see the results before making a bigger investment, or invest with several people maybe, up to you though.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2015, 08:41:57 PM »
Ganz you are right that new players tend to lose tournaments. You are wrong though that cash tournaments won't attract new players just because they suck. Tora has also expressed interest in possibly having lower level / new player tournaments. A lot of people just like to play in a normal tournament or especially a cash tournament just for the fun of it or because it is cash. Cash tournaments also give new players the incentive to get good or aspire to so they can then maybe win the cash. Since late 2014 when I first started having PBall tournaments the PBall community has gained new players and the old players started to play a lot more because of the activity. My past tournaments I'm talking about weren't even cash tournaments and the PBall community got a lot more active because of them. I think GOW tournaments will help the same way it'll give new players an incentive to get good and get some existing players on more often. Tora as far as the ads it's up to you, maybe do some experimenting and see the results before making a bigger investment, or invest with several people maybe, up to you though.

You are right I do need to just do some experimentations with a few different websites. Then based on results we can work from there.
war2 > war3

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »
Ganz had a good idea. Why not contact the bigger pvpgn servers and see if we can banner or link exchange.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2015, 11:04:07 PM »
Ganz had a good idea. Why not contact the bigger pvpgn servers and see if we can banner or link exchange.
ill give it a try why not.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »
I figured I should give everyone an update on my whole ad space inquiries.
For the last week I've been trying to get a few gaming platforms to add war2 to their website without much luck I might add.
Main reason for this is as everyone is already aware War2combat is copyrighted blizzard material.
Which is why most gaming platforms are unwilling to touch it.

Now I am simply trying to get a basic ad on some major sites like
  http://www.addictinggames.com/support/contact-us.jsp

http://www.freeonlinegames.com/contact

http://www.freearcade.com/ContactUs.php

Just to name a few.
So lets see how this coming week will play out.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 11:18:49 AM »
Facebook advertising is our best bet IMO. Its just gonna take more than a couple hundred dollars.. setting up an eye catching, well put together, professional looking post/ad will go a long way as well.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
Facebook advertising is our best bet IMO. Its just gonna take more than a couple hundred dollars.. setting up an eye catching, well put together, professional looking post/ad will go a long way as well.
I got the funds,
Just tell me how exactly would I go about making a "professional looking ad" on facebook.
war2 > war3

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 12:17:48 PM »
why not just pay people to play :/ the more you play more u earn cash in war2 tokens for prizes.then bait them with subscribing  to earn even more tokens as a silver gold plat,,ahh cases ladder days playing bux trnies was fun.
server wins/ people win

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2015, 12:18:17 PM »
I would just make some sort of introduction inviting people to come visit our server.. make sure you include the fact that it's FREE download & gameplay.

The way i've been doing it is I set up a facebook business type page I guess for War2. Once you make a post you can "Boost" the post (basically advertise it so others see it) .. you can basically customize how long the ad runs for, how much you spend on the ad, what age group/countries/gender/language the advertisement targets...

This is the page I set up for it.  https://www.facebook.com/War2TidesOfDarkness    .. if you want to use that for your advertisement you're more than welcome to. i can make you admin of the page and you can make a post and boost it with your own personal private information. if you want to set your own up that's fine.

if you have any more questions about how it works feel free to PM me

Also this is a pretty good image to include on the boosted post if that's the path you end up going.. it's pretty eye catching.. or you can make your own and modify it how you want

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »
I said this like a year ago but I will say it again. Adervtise on ICCUP, one of the larger broodwar/war3 servers. It gives you the most bang for your buck and gives you RTS players. For $150/month you can get 140,000 hits per day, way better than facebook.

http://iccup.com/en/ads.html

Our advertising areas:

Advertising Area   Price   Advertise
 Side Banner 240х400 px

Dynamic displays, over 80,000 hits per day!

1000 Hits — 19 Rubles

30 Days — 9999 Rubles

Center Banner 468х60 px

Dynamic displays, over 140,000 hits per day!

1000 Hits — 14 Rubles

30 Days — 6999 Rubles

Top Banner 468х60 px

Highly clickable, dynamic displays, and over 140,000 hits per day!

30 Days — 9999 Rubles

Top Banner 240х400 px

Highly clickable, dynamic displays, and over 140,000 hits per day!

30 Days — 14999 Rubles
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:01:35 PM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats