Author Topic: [solved]8)Mikulz(8 PBall Trophy Icon and Finals Winner  (Read 23927 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Re: 8)Mikulz(8 PBall Trophy Icon and Finals Winner
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
Also Blid is talking about cash at stake yet he hasn't put any up lmao. I have donated to both of them and so has Tora 60 total for us both. Daisycutter donated $100, QUICK{hR} 30, Xcal 60 so far, Masta{hR} 60. So whose money is at stake my own? I also found all these donators by myself, Daisycutter through an ancient group chat.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:43:50 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2015, 02:44:51 PM »
Did you read what I said Blid...? Lol I draw them from cards. Every person starts out on a card so say there is 12 people I write each of their names on a business card. I now shuffle them and draw each opponent. How did the 2nd round get picked? The winners of the first round their cards are put into a new pile that is shuffled and their opponent is drawn out of it. 3rd round? Same thing. Also Mouse I made cleto warvid all his games which he sent to me.
Draw all the cards once, and use that to set up the entire tournament, you know what I mean?  You don't need to redraw after each round.  Just a tip, because this is what "brackets" mean.  You know, like the NCAA tournament brackets?  What you were posting I would call "match-ups" and you were posting them up round by round... not quite the same thing and I'd advise you do a bracket in the future!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2015, 02:45:03 PM »
I am still in shock that you let Archer participate even after you said you wouldn't [emoji52]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
I did not "let" him participate, I made him warvid his games and I was pretty sure it was him but I had no proof. Also he donated $30 to this last one but won't be allowed to donate anymore.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2015, 02:46:35 PM »

I am still in shock that you let Archer participate even after you said you wouldn't [emoji52]

I did not "let" him participate, he made him warvid his games and I was pretty sure it was him but I had no proof. Also he donated $30 to this last one but won't be allowed to donate anymore.

WTF YOUR STILL TAKING HIS MONEY? The fuck is the matter with you?

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 02:47:06 PM »
Did you read what I said Blid...? Lol I draw them from cards. Every person starts out on a card so say there is 12 people I write each of their names on a business card. I now shuffle them and draw each opponent. How did the 2nd round get picked? The winners of the first round their cards are put into a new pile that is shuffled and their opponent is drawn out of it. 3rd round? Same thing. Also Mouse I made cleto warvid all his games which he sent to me.
Draw all the cards once, and use that to set up the entire tournament, you know what I mean?  You don't need to redraw after each round.  Just a tip, because this is what "brackets" mean.  You know, like the NCAA tournament brackets?  What you were posting I would call "match-ups" and you were posting them up round by round... not quite the same thing and I'd advise you do a bracket in the future!
It really doesn't matter Blid. If I draw them all 1st round it wouldn't work... How do you propose I do that. So I draw all the people 1st round then one of the ones I drew went out what now? I have to redraw each round to make it totally random. The way I do it makes it a completely random tournament, seeding is stupid and favors the good players.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2015, 02:47:26 PM »

I did not "let" him participate, he made him warvid his games and I was pretty sure it was him but I had no proof. Also he donated $30 to this last one but won't be allowed to donate anymore.

NO... He sent that money before any of this forum stuff came up.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
8)Mikulz(8 PBall Trophy Icon and Finals Winner
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 02:50:34 PM »

Total bullshit bro lol, you told me right after the last tournament that you would stop taking his criminal cash yet here you are admitting to taking his donation...again. That's sad. Stop hanging out with cyber criminals, even after iL banished the dumbass from the community. I am sure this including tournaments hosted on the server.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »
It really doesn't matter Blid. If I draw them at all at first it wouldn't work... How do you propose I do that. So I draw all the people 1st round then one of the ones I drew went out what now? I have to redraw each round to make it totally random. The way I do it makes it a completely random tournament, seeding is stupid and favors the good players.
Hmm, let me try to format my post in another way to make it easier to see.

Medivh
Bye

Grom
Flea

Smeagol
Cleto

Lancelot
Xcal

Mikulz
Masta

Tora
Bye

Proof
Bye

Warbandit
Bye

It doesn't matter who goes out, right?  You can see who will play who next by who they're next to in the line up.  No seeding here, it's still a random draw, but everyone can see their path - they can see the "bracket"

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2015, 02:52:15 PM »

Total bullshit bro lol, you told me right after the last tournament that you would stop taking his criminal cash yet here you are admitting to taking his donation...again. That's sad. Stop hanging out with cyber criminals, even after iL banished the dumbass from the community. I am sure this including tournaments hosted on the server.

Want me to screen shot my paypal? Or go back and look at the time stamps on our PM's about this. Wtf are you talking about the $30 he sent was over a month ago. This last tournament was advertised nearly 2 months.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »

Want me to screen shot my paypal? Or go back and look at the time stamps on our PM's about this. Wtf are you talking about the $30 he sent was over a month ago. This last tournament was advertised nearly 2 months.

So you knew it was from him tho? And you still accepted it?

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2015, 02:53:52 PM »

Blid I get what you're saying. I actually had a very similar conversation with Burnt. He was giving me tips on tournaments. I actually prefer the way I do it because the way with a total bracket makes it so you have a set course in the tournament, and no matter what you only face certain people. Drawing them each round makes it harder for everyone because you can face anyone at any time.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »
Blid I get what you're saying. I actually had a very similar conversation with Burnt. He was giving me tips on tournaments. I actually prefer the way I do it because the way with a total bracket makes it so you have a set course in the tournament, and no matter what you only face certain people. Drawing them each round makes it harder for everyone because you can face anyone at any time.
Actually, either way you are only facing one person in each round, so the difficulty is the same.  The main difference is that if you post a bracket, it's more transparent.  And you can start playing the next round when your first round is over, because you already know who you'll be matched up against.  As tourney host, you can reshuffle after each round if that's how you want to do it!  But that's quite unorthodox.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
Actually, either way you are only facing one person in each round, so the difficulty is the same.  The main difference is that if you post a bracket, it's more transparent.  And you can start playing the next round when your first round is over, because you already know who you'll be matched up against.  As tourney host, you can reshuffle after each round if that's how you want to do it!  But that's quite unorthodox.
I mean I get what you're saying. Most tournaments are done with a bracket system in the way you're talking about. In the end of the tournament doing it that way or the way I do it ends up the same. Why? Because everyone played random opponents and the one who was undefeated wins it. You are right that it could probably make it go more smoothly as they could play their next round but it's worked so far. I will consider using Challonge.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2015, 03:05:50 PM »
Yeah, or keep doing it your own way if you want, it's really no big deal.  Just make it clear and don't call them brackets :P  When you say brackets are up and brackets are posted it was like "wtf this guy is lying!!!  he's hiding the brackets!!  there's no brackets!"  I guess that was partly a misunderstanding/miscommunication.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Also I'd like to point out in that video you said you went 3-3 with Cleto. I usually beat Archer like 20-2 or so, I just fucked up and lost it by 1 man.