Author Topic: tc making  (Read 50884 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: tc making
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »

U'll get head' with Buzzard!

[emoji50]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »
U'll get head' with Buzzard!
I guess I'm gonna try and keep it close to the original as possible :(

Yeah may be hollering at ya tupac
Iight just let me know what's up!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2016, 10:53:59 PM »
ight, probably be after grp's anyhow and just whatever probably be digging in your topics.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2016, 09:30:55 PM »
hey man theres a problem in the filelist at "art\Unit\Portrait\portrait.grp"  not the correct location...using x_port now.  (i tried port.grp wasnt it)

anyhow as it is the orc land tileset, no biggie just wondering what the correct name is if anyone knows.

god the good thing /bad thing about it its gonna make me get closer to complete the .pal :/ more coloring......

its probably correct in the list filelist u posted, one im using idk where this one came from.

Art\unit\Portrait\l_port.grp  (snow?)
Art\unit\Portrait\portrait.grp<------- (forest!)
Art\unit\Portrait\s_port.grp (swamp?)
Art\unit\Portrait\x_port.grp (beyond) <--using this one

downloaded yours holy fug lolol its better but saying the same.

tried "gettingdrunk.grp" nope we may never find this one :o :(  8)  which m not doing all 4 tiles sets so it can go get fugged...no problem !!!

so what it means u cant use forest and have custom portraits.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:53:24 AM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
also have to take everything back out to recolor :o buzzard software may not make it!!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »
You should setup a OS for war2 development and use wardraft for you graphics and game editing.

Get an XP machine or VM
Download wardraft and copy war2 dos data files to then c drive or something.
Boom extract, edit, put back, or rename to appropriate name and place in bne mpq.

Some graphics info!

------
Custom GFX Information

What is a GFX?

A GFX file is the file type that Warcraft II uses for all of it's images. It contains all the animations of a unit. These files are contained in MAINDAT.WAR in the DATA directory of War 2. This section will tell you to extract and edit them.

How to make Custom GFX's

To make a Custom GFX, you first need to extract the GFX file you want to edit from MAINDAT.WAR. To do this, you will need to use WarDraft. Just open it up and extract the file you want. After that, you need to extract the pallette you want to use. For Forest terrain, extract #2, for Wasteland, extract #10, for Winter, extract #18, and for Swamp, extract #438. Make sure to save them as .RGB files. If you just want to edit a unit (meaning that it isn't specifically for a certain terrain), then it doesn't matter what pallette you use (I suggest just using #2). Now, you need to use GFXConverter (which is now built into WarDraft) to convert the GFX into a BMP file for editing. Just open the GFX and pallette files and click on "Start Conversion". This should create a BMP file and a TXT file. When it asks you if you want to create a Mask file, choose no. Now, you need to use a paint program to edit the files. I use Paint Shop Pro, because it's easy to use and works good. When editing the files, depending on the pallette you are using, certain colors are different. Unless the unit you are editing are terrain specific, then you probably don't want to use those colors. Otherwise, your unit will look wrong in other terrains. Now, save it. When you are done, open up GFXConverter again. At the top, there should be 2 tags. The first one (which should already be selected), is for converting GFX's to BMP's, the second one is for converting BMP's back into GFX's. Click on the second one and choose the BMP file and TXT file you edited. After you're done, click on "Start Conversion" and it will change it back into a GFX file. Now you're done! Look at the next section to find out how to use them in the game.

How to Import a Custom GFX back into Warcraft II

If you want to use a Custom GFX that either you made or you downloaded, again, you need to have WarDraft. Open up MAINDAT.WAR and find the file that the GFX replaces. If you downloaded one from this page, the # that is in parenthesis is the offset(s) that the GFX is at (that's the # on the far left in WarDraft). Now, go to the right offset, and click on the "Import" button. A screen will come up asking you the location of the GFX and some other info. Put the location in the box (either by typeing it or using the Browse button). Now, click on the Box that says "Compress". Click on Import and then you're done.

What is a GFA file?

A GFA is almost exactly the same as a GFX. GFA is file type that War2 Alpha uses for its graphics. It is only slightly different than the GFX, but you can't even tell when you're editing them. Just read about GFX's, and you will understand GFA's.

How do I make a Custom GFA?

Making a Custom GFA is almost exactly the same as making a Custom GFX. The only difference is, that when you are in GFX Converter, to change a GFA file to a BMP, you must Choose "Alpha Standard" as the file type instead of the default "Standard". Otherwise, your bmp file will be all screwed up (it's a slightly different format than GFX's, as I said earlier). Just follow the rest of the steps for the Custom GFX, and you should be fine.

Where can I learn some more tricks on editing GFX's?

I created a much more extensive guide in Cameron's Campaign Author's Guide. It contains some extra tips on things, and more advanced explanations than here. Go under the "Graphic Editing" section.

I can always show you with TeamViewer but I'm busy now working on my truck.

I am also going to retire soon idk if I will ever come back when I part from here.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:08:53 PM by tupac »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2016, 02:21:54 PM »
:o retire from war2 no way that's like daying ur done gaming ...yeah Im fully auto macro is like a korean on crack..just they got portriat.grp wrong them mofos...still lots of shit in map side ..just wait we will turn the pos into a game engine.
Just take ya a break :) hell I still can't play the game.

Dos's pals are still not correct 100% to bnet sure it can take them out but it can't put them in ..using custom sprites but I'm was dam close all buildings and later units flopped in ready to go
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:26:03 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2016, 02:29:03 PM »
Got any mechanic friends also hayes manuals cheap on amazon pays to know that shit..

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »
Grab some cheap 80's 93 s-10s my truck of choice cheap parts reliable out the ass

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2016, 02:33:54 PM »
Grab some cheap 80's 93 s-10s my truck of choice cheap parts reliable out the ass

I got a cheap one, my ex wife I also let her have the good car we had so of course lol.

Also I think it might be an oil pump losing way to much pressure.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »
On the oil pump I believe it doesn't reguire a shit load of pressure as long as its not0 lol my truck when it needs changingor getting low it will drop

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2016, 07:37:34 PM »
On the oil pump I believe it doesn't reguire a shit load of pressure as long as its not0 lol my truck when it needs changingor getting low it will drop
Got it working and staying the oil level was very low. I have no clue and no oil leak so I cleaned around the gaskets to check back later for fresh oil. Somehow it burned up I'm a week or it somewhere it should not be LOL I'll check back up.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »
shit just stick around man ..lots of late night stuff to fug with.
fixing to complete the KoK macro (korean on krack)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
Evolution RTS is a continually evolving and developing game; Come and join our community! We love having more people to talk to and play with! Preemptively, welcome to our community! some free open source game on steam i look for all kinds of engines to steal  :o those clubs gonna get old man  :(

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »
Evolution RTS is a continually evolving and developing game; Come and join our community! We love having more people to talk to and play with! Preemptively, welcome to our community! some free open source game on steam i look for all kinds of engines to steal  :o those clubs gonna get old man  :(

Hey finish the war 1 conversion! !! You made me login just to chat hahaha. Those bitches don't get old though hahaha