Poll

How long should Yamon be banned for?

1 week
4 (26.7%)
1 month
1 (6.7%)
3 months
0 (0%)
Lifetime (and perhaps any unlikely progeny as well)
5 (33.3%)
He does not ruin the community by hacking, smurfing, trolling, insulting, discing, or bsing, and should not be banned.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 18, 2017, 07:19:09 PM

Author Topic: x  (Read 43279 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Orochimaru[rA] dodges ss, unpauses repeatedly
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »
up until the last two paragraphs I actually follow along with it pretty well.  And if BabyShark wants to play with her friends and have fun it's a dick move to join her games and try to ruin it or mess with her or insutl her.  The last couple paragraphs about being murdered are a little out there?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2017, 06:09:48 PM »
BS starting to sound like Eq
war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »
BabyShark, I don't harass / bs you at all. Stop grouping me with what yamon/startale did or did not do.

I do believe you tried to frame Yamon, because you feel he rudely/unfairly targeted your husband or whatever.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2017, 06:20:22 PM »
That has already been covered a number of times.

The question that remains after realizing that there is no fairness on he server is whether one wants to continue to participate in such a community or to leave it.

To leave it would be to punish oneself if one is a regular enjoyer of the game. It would mean Yamon won in taking something I care about away from me. Not an appealing option.

To stay would require one to play very selectively with only known people and ban all smurfs. Also I know that Yamon and Swift and any of their sympathizers will do anything in their power to attack me. Even before this whole situation, in a 4v4 game we won, Yamon and Startale bsed me at the end of the game and swift just watched. My only crime was saying I dont like the way they treat other people, me being one of them. Just because I'm female should not give you the excuse to pour on your vilest sexual insults and disgusting comments, which by the way, in the real world is illegal and sexual harassment. This is not what men do. This is behavior for cowardly little boys who never had to grow up and who will never be the kind of man a woman could respect.

Either way, the community as a whole is the worse for it. 1. People know there is not fairness. 2. Whenever any average player leaves it's a loss. When people's friends leave, the game becomes less appealing for them as well. I know there are a number of players who come on mainly to play with me (me msging them on discord being the only times they come to server) and people like me who are nice people and want to have fun playing the game. I already know other players who have left because of unfairness on the server and I thought they were finding fault that I couldnt see. 3. All new players will suffer because no one wants to risk their game being ruined by hack/disc/bs so there will be no place for them anymore. 4. Abusive rage, hateful insults, racism, telling people to go kill themselves in real life etc., will continue to abound, making W2 probably the most toxic community any of us have regular dealings in.

I know I'm going to be a target now. I hope Swift and Yamon aren't deranged enough to try to kill me in real life but who knows. Swift already eliminated me in a game when normally once killed, players are allowed to watch.

Obviously he thinks I need to be "punished" for daring to fight the status quo. Because getting hacked against, disced on, bsed, banned from games, eliminated, insulted based on gender, etc. isn't enough. I was supposed to be a good girl and take it quietly. Come and kill me in real life if you have to, I know you have the resources for it. But someone has to stand up for something, enough is enough. Yamon's reign of terror has gone on far too long.
I bsed braviet few days ago when we was playing 4x4,  he didnt male topic
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2017, 11:04:51 PM »
"magically finding units"

So Eye of Kilrog Or Holy Vision? They are magic!

BS starting to sound like Eq

Now now, i wouldn't go that far

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2017, 12:49:39 AM »
thing is, yamon said "ss WHITE". why are you idiots (ltfan, lethal~viruz) missing that part? thats entirely what this thread is about lol
i enjoy reading this thread, because theres at least 60% of retards here

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2017, 06:45:24 AM »
Yes I'm retarded because I'd like the rules to be for everyone and not just for some. Once again I repeat to you kind people that can't read. The rules officially state that if u request ss  by color you must take ss of allies screen to verify the player is indeed that color. Anything else can't be trusted because then it's all just word of mouth and if that's not good enough for this situation than It shouldn't have been good enough for lethal either. So if ud like to continue calling me a retard for having actually read the rules than go for it.

'3. You can also click on “Allies” in the top right corner and take a screenshot of the window showing players and their unit colors.

This step is necessary if there are other players in the game and you address your screenshot request to the other user based on alignment color, e.g. by saying “ss orange”. This proves that the user in question was actually the orange player at the time you made your request.'
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:52:12 AM by LTFan »

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2017, 06:52:48 AM »
So what are you proposing Blid actually do about it?  That fake Viruz guy has already completed his one week ban.  Blid can't go back in time, that technology hasn't been invented yet.  WTF.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:56:19 AM by Ywfn »

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2017, 06:57:17 AM »
Yamon must serve some sort of justice for this debacle seeing that he has clearly stated in this thread that there was indeed a SS request. He just didnt take it seriously. No need to go back in time when everything can be rectified now by taking this situation and doing what needs to be done. No one wants to ban people I GET IT. But everyone here sees this situation as a 'grey area' when it has been clearly stated in this thread that yamon has changed his story on this SS 3 times since this has started. First it wasnt a serious request, then she never requested a SS from HIM specifically, then there was never a SS request. We have SS's of him saying HE WONT BE BANNED for this.  He knew what was going on and hes just trolling away with it like he can cuz theres no 'verification' that he was asked just late SS's of him arguing with her and saying he wont be banned.

Offline Ywfn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:36 AM »
You are making a completely different argument now.  You are essentially saying you believe Yamon is lying when he has repeatedly said it wasn't clear in the game who the screenshot request was for.  That's fine, you're welcome to believe that, and frankly, I think it's possible you might be right.  However, what you and I think is true doesn't really matter.  What matters is there isn't any way to be sure, and frankly I'd rather have admins that don't go around banning people just because they "think" there might be a problem.  They need to be sure and that's the way it should be.

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2017, 09:58:40 AM »
So what are you proposing Blid actually do about it?  That fake Viruz guy has already completed his one week ban.  Blid can't go back in time, that technology hasn't been invented yet.  WTF.
I guess in a case like that, the admins should publicly apologize for their mistake.
Mistakes are normal to occur, and it takes great character for a person to admit a mistake and apologize. That is a respectful action.

Related with the case here, it has been established that the Admins have not enough evidence to ban Orochimaru... I think we can stop spending energy around that.
But I also believe that whatever credibility had remain to Yamon has been completely lost now.

Yamon will have to work hard to regain even a bit of respect from many players.
He could have behaved like a man, and admit he refused to take an ss (like Lethal~Viruz did) suffer the consequences and been seen as a person that takes responsibility for his actions.
But no, he chose to dodge. He chose to lie and behave like ...
So now, he will suffer different consequences from the players.

I would like to also state, that I do not like people attacking the admins. The admins are people that devote personal time to provide us the forum/web site/server/tournaments etc.
Yes, they are HUMAN and will make mistakes. But that is no reason for people to attack them. They do work for us for the community and ask nothing in return!
So please respect them and thank them when the do something for the group!
Yes, it is okay to point out their mistakes! But do not attack the admins! They are only trying to make it better not worse.

Cheers

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »
a mistake wasn't made in the Lethal~Viruz case. If someone shows a ss of them saying "ss color" + a /ping then it's true a ss of the allies windows is needed to verify who's being asked, but it also kind of assumes that whoever refused to take ss is denying that they were asked. No one ever contested that Lethal~viruz was in that game & was the one being asked, it was confirmed many times by different people right off the bat, so why obsess over that technicality when it's obviously only there to add some clarity & not serve as a substitute for rational thought?

I also already addressed the mousey/yamon friendship argument, it's purely a red herring: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,3212.msg52924.html#msg52924 The only thing letting yamon log on my account a few times indicates is that I let a friend log onto my account a few times, not that he's getting any kind of special treatment. (it was a gaming account only so he had no admin powers ofc) It's just as easy to argue that bs & Ltfan are so vehemently on Lethal~viruz's side only because they're friends with him, but that's conjecture too. I advocate sticking to facts which is all I've done in this thread!
squeak!

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2017, 03:37:33 PM »
It was confirmed by many people in a game with 4 people in it and 2 of them being lethal and yamon? Lol and u can't make assumptions as an administrator since that's what I'm being told in here. There was a lack of physical evidence for banning lethal and there's a lack of physical evidence for banning yamon but yet one received the ban and the other didnt.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2017, 03:54:00 PM »
It was confirmed by many people in a game with 4 people in it and 2 of them being lethal and yamon? Lol and u can't make assumptions as an administrator since that's what I'm being told in here. There was a lack of physical evidence for banning lethal and there's a lack of physical evidence for banning yamon but yet one received the ban and the other didnt.
i don't know what you're going on about. First of all this argument that I "changed my story 3 times" is wrong. I never retracted anything i said since this beginning of this thread or did any sort of circular logic. I simply remembered facts of what had occurred in that game and stated them one after another. I never changed my story once. And what "evidence" are you talking about? a few vague ss's. What other evidence?

You act like you are working in the best interest of the server and  babyshark/lethal. But you have 70 posts, on a forum with countless of issues on the server. Where are you fighting for fairness on those threads? Is it not obvious that you have an agenda with motivation via bias towards me.

I admit to bsing, trolling, killing watchers, ruining chop games. But even then that's over a span of a 13 year career. I'm not even currently an active player. And I've been banned ONCE for ONE day for not finding an SS that was invisible in my war2 combat folder, then posted it the next day and got unbanned. So this "shady past" you're talking about, i don't even know what you're referring to.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:07:58 PM by Yamon »

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
There was a ss request there was no ss request u were just trolling her ss request. And the only reason I fight so hard on this topic is because it's ridiculous that lethal gets banned for not taking a ss eith lack of evidence u actually requested a ss from him. But u don't get banned for the same thing. Forget about all your nonsense on the server if this was happening to any one else right now I'd be doing the same thing. There's only 1 person on this game I the rule would like to see banned forever and that's Gemini for his 25 ss denials over the last 6 years. I honestly don't care if you get banned or not I would prefer that the admins who made a ruling with lack of evidence against lethal sit down and say hmm did we make a mistake doing that? Was lethal trolling? Did anyone sit down with him and have a conversation that wasn't on the forums? Instead we all just assume that no one on the Internet lies and that it was indeed lethal that had been requested to take a ss. And fair point I gotta say I don't really give a shit about the server seeing as I barely log in anymore and usually when I do its just to chat. So I couldn't really care about most of the issues like icons and who desperately wants the next master tags because it's not important at all.

Dude u just got banned last year for denying a ss to dna-cell... but ur ban got cut short when u came on her and begged to be unbanned and promised to ss from now on