Warcraft II > Tournaments & Leagues

Awarding custom client tags as a prize for your tourney

(1/4) > >>

mousEtopher:
As per the will of the masses, any player-hosted tourney can now award a custom client tag (aka "icon") to tourney winners. Here are the guidelines:

Tourney guidelines

it should be said that the icon tournament should:

1. have an icon prepared beforehand and previewed (you must make it yourself)
2. be advertised at least 2 days before it takes place
3. be advertised as an icon tournament
4. allow every player to participate

so there will be no abuse, like: not allowing good players to win an icon for oneself, not adveritsing the tournament and have 1 or 2 other people in it to get the icon for oneself etc

Source

Custom client tag guidelines

You must provide the icon you want to use. Icons must be:

- 28x14px in size
- decent quality, not blurry, not slapdash, not thrown together in paint in 10 seconds
- not obscene/offensive
- any regular file format, e.g. .png, .bmp, .gif (avoid saving .jpg from Paint as it will usually degrade quality)

You can make your own icons easily in paint. Don't try to downsize a regular image to 28x14, it looks like garbage. Icons should ideally be pixel art, which will still look nice when you zoom way in on them. Here's a blurry icon compared to a pixel art icon:

Using Paint to make icons

Set your canvas size (28x14) then zoom all the way in and use the pencil tool on the smallest size to draw pixel by pixel. Copy/pasting regular images is bad because they end up really blurry. WC2 unit art works well though since it's also pixel art.

Acceptable icon samples:

Button art courtesy of Lamby:

If you want to use any of tupac's or war2.me's custom icons pictured above, that's fine too, as long as they aren't claimed by a previous tourney.

Discussion here

I hate naggers:
Hi, are there any freelancer icon creators? I give you an idea and you cum back with an awesome, fapable custom icon? Speak up!

SmurfKinG:
claw are you telling me that you, someone who makes hacks and shit, doesnt know his way on adobe photoshop?

btw, nice icons! can i have smurf plz plz plz, no tourney, just cuz of my longevity !!!!

EviL~Ryu:
The unit portraits look very nice, who did them? Remembers me of the unit icons from War3.

SmurfKinG:

--- Quote from: EviL~Ryu on June 05, 2015, 01:16:21 AM ---The unit portraits look very nice, who did them? Remembers me of the unit icons from War3.

--- End quote ---

they come from a file (icons.bni) tupac uploaded
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,941.30.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version