Author Topic: "doubles ladder"  (Read 4858 times)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
"doubles ladder"
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:42:15 PM »
whats the deal with that link
doesnt work, why is it there, whats missing for it to work?

http://ladder.war2.ru/index.php

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: "doubles ladder"
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »
that's something is not working.
No plans to add that now...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:48:21 AM »
It actually did work, we had it up for awhile, I forget why we took it down?

Must have been something wrong with it but I know it worked.  One issue was that nobody ever actually made teams, so in reality it just kept track of everyone's record in pick up games with each ally in a huge database.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:58:10 AM »
What I recall is at first the doubles ladder ranked every player combination, so there were like a billion teams and it was really hard to face a specific team and move up properly.  Tk said only activated teams should be able to be ranked so I did a lot of work to get it like that, and then he didn't like that either.  But basically I made it so that all teams were unranked unless they "registered" on the ladder with a team name and so on.  And then there were like 3 teams and that was it, and ultimately, the 2s ladder never had interest or took off and its most common use was people going onto it and searching their own name and seeing what their different records were with various allies.  Then when we did one of the moves it just wasn't copied over.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:01:34 AM »
The way it was developed is such that it would 'work' but it had issues that made it impractical such as corrupt game files, etc.  Since teams are not defined by default in PVPGN's own log file, you can only do so much guess work to try to make it work.  The only way to have a 100% working teams ladder is to replicate what I had done for war2.us by modifying PVPGN to accept new /team commands that tells PVPGN what the teams are going to be BEFORE the game starts.  That, combined with the current log file, can then be used to determine outcomes correctly even if people disc, drop, watch, whatever.  My team code worked hand in hand with the /observer command as well.  It will take a lot of effort to duplicate those features,  I do not expect to ever see them in RU at all.  iL simply doesnt have the time or experience to complete the task.  It's not an easy task to say the least.  But it has been done,  so it "can" be done I guess.

Oh, and before we can even attempt teams,  the population needs to increase 4 fold.  Otherwise,  it's pointless.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:06:35 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:17:08 AM »
Oh, and before we can even attempt teams,  the population needs to increase 4 fold.  Otherwise,  it's pointless.
This last bit was the key.

Lance, I'm not sure if you know what my doubles ladder was capable of.  Any time you allied someone, it would check if you were on a team with them, and if not, it would form a default team called PlayerA_and_PlayerB, and all future games you allied in would go toward that team.  Secondly, though, you could go to the website and captain a team.  It verified that you were who you said you were, and then you could give the team pw to players to join the team (I think, or maybe you just added them, I forget).  Then if two people played a game and they both were on a team together it would count as a team game instead of using one of the default PlayerA_and_PlayerB teams.  The problem was the player base, there were not enough real teams.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
well if you guys have a code or something, even if its faulty or it doesn't live up to expectations it is still better than nothing.

it would still be a page where you can look up doubles records...

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »
Yea blid,  I did know how it worked.  Like I mentioned, it functioned but it was limited to the capabilities of the pvpgn log.  For example,  if you're on a team with someone,  all games count as a ladder.  Where as with a proper solution, you can pick/choose which games are going to count as a ladder game.  Just like you would if you were to select it from a dropdown.  If there were more population, it would work just fine until something more proper could be developed.  We know it can be done,  I've proved that.  It's just a matter of increasing population to even make it worth iL's time to re-invent what I had completed.  I dont see that happening at all really,  there just isnt the population to support teams ladder beyond 1 off tourneys that are already held ever so often.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 01:27:41 PM »
The idea though was for all games to count as ladder, just like the 1v1 ladder, since that provides content to the ladder.    I could've just only counted games if the host named them "Team ladder" or something but people liked all their games being logged.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »
yeah thats all i want
a log to consult 2s

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »
lol doubles ladder, there is barely enough players for a singles ladder. Smurfking wants a doubles ladder cuz he sucks so bad he needs someone to carry him.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 01:19:04 PM »

lol doubles ladder, there is barely enough players for a singles ladder. Smurfking wants a doubles ladder cuz he sucks so bad he needs someone to carry him.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)