Poll

Do you want Tupac as an admin?

Yes
8 (80%)
No
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Tupac For Admin???  (Read 11254 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Tupac For Admin???
« on: July 15, 2015, 07:50:49 PM »
Should have been made an admin long ago imo.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:36:44 PM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Tupac For Admin???
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 08:21:13 PM »
Yes!
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:27:57 PM »
honestly don't know enough about him. i know of a lot of shady shit he has done in the past but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad candidate for admin.

pretty much anyone who can make logical responsible decisions without getting emotionally attached to those decisions is a good candidate.. it's just hard to know for sure until they're actually put into that role

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:13:32 PM »
honestly don't know enough about him. i know of a lot of shady shit he has done in the past but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad candidate for admin.

pretty much anyone who can make logical responsible decisions without getting emotionally attached to those decisions is a good candidate.. it's just hard to know for sure until they're actually put into that role

so how did you make admin then?

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »

Not going mental on the forums would be a start [emoji3]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:38:55 PM »

i handed out free BJ's to the war2 council

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 09:45:14 PM »
Try not to blur the lines between what is required of an Admin vs a Developer.  He would make a good developer.  But as admin, I just dont think he has the emotional restraint to be an administrator.  If this were for Developer,  then I'd say yes.  If it were for a MODERATOR,  I'd say yes as well BUT with a caveat that it's a shaky yes.  He cant really do to much damage as a moderator if he lost his mind like he could do as an administrator.  Change the poll to Moderator, and I'd hit the yes button to see how he handles it for a 6 month period.  Besides, war2 need moderators.  Not all powerful administrators.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:47:12 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 09:51:53 PM »
You should stop post lance is became more then ridiculous every time.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 09:53:43 PM »

You should stop post lance is became more then ridiculous every time.

Oh EQ [emoji23] just shut up.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »
Try not to blur the lines between what is required of an Admin vs a Developer.  He would make a good developer.  But as admin, I just dont think he has the emotional restraint to be an administrator.  If this were for Developer,  then I'd say yes.  If it were for a MODERATOR,  I'd say yes as well BUT with a caveat that it's a shaky yes.  He cant really do to much damage as a moderator if he lost his mind like he could do as an administrator.  Change the poll to Moderator, and I'd hit the yes button to see how he handles it for a 6 month period.  Besides, war2 need moderators.  Not all powerful administrators.

I don't really know what the difference is between admin/mod on this server I never even knew there was a mod position and thought they were all admins.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:57:34 PM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
Tupac For Admin???
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »

I don't really know what the difference is between admin/mod on this server I thought they were the same?

Moderator doesn't have access to user ip addresses and can't ipban from the server. In addition, to lock accounts, set icons, and change account login credentials. Most of their power lies in banning and kicking people from channels.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »
i think dugs was the only mod before he became admin. i think mods can only ban names/kick ... not sure if they have the ability to look up IPs/IPban

admins pretty much have complete control over everything. use all commands..

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 10:00:32 PM »
would be cool if you could set up moderator flags or w/e to give them power to IPban for limited amounts of time

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 10:02:39 PM »
But Lance does have the right idea...new potential Admins should start out as a moderator for a trial period to see how they do.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »
Ah, I see. This is what zone used to do, they would have different levels of member+ and you would get promoted after a certain amount of time and get more abilities.

I think however, that mods should be able to set icons too. I see no harm in starting him as a mod first so I will change the poll and I actually really like the idea of starting all new admins off as mods first and if they handle it well and stuff they can earn a promotion.
Kali IGL Stats