Warcraft II > Mods & Development

Released Version 2: Tileset compilation

(1/5) > >>

Lightning_Hunter:
Updated on 7/8/16:  The Pack now contains three "flavors" of Tilesets.  Read below.

This compilaiton is a working batch of oldschool Tilesets for the Warcraft2 Battle.net edition!  Previously, some of these tilesets only worked in the Warcraft2 DOS version.  The new tilesets included are: Jungle, Desert, Volcano, Hell, Glacier, Cameron's Jungle, and Wetland.  New critters are also contained in this compilation.  I also included fixed sounds and build pictures for the Spider and Scorpion critters.  There is a new "surprise" building as well.

Version 2 of this release contains 3 Tileset packs.  Here is a description of each:

Comprehensive:  This is the previously released tileset pack, which replaces all 4 default tilesets with Jungle, Volcano, Desert, and Hell. All the critters are replaced in this pack.  Basically, I called this pack "comprehensive", because it replaces all of the default tilesets (and critters) with completely new and different/fresh stuff.

Moderate:  This pack Replaces all 4 default tilesets with Jungle, Glacier, Desert, and Wetland.  This pack is for those who want to keep the winter theme intact with only minor changes (instead of replacing it with the Volcano tileset).  Also, the Wetland tileset is used to replace Orc Swamp.  The only critter replaced in this pack is the scorpion (in the desert tileset).  All other critters are the default.

Light:  This pack only replaces the Winter tileset with Glacier, and the Orc Swamp tileset with Cameron's Jungle tileset.  All
critters are the default.  Basically, this pack just replaces a few minor things to add a bit of freshness.  Forest and Wasteland
themes are unchanged from the default, and nothing major is replaced.

* How to install *

BACKUP War2Patch.mpq in the Warcraft2 folder, then choose one of the 3 tileset packs listed above. Replace War2Patch.mpq in the War2 folder with the desired pack.  Only one pack can be used at a time, and the new tilesets cannot be used alongside the default tilesets.  You will have to swap them in and out to switch between them.  Make sure not to lose any default files!

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ca7cvxyt67duh3s

Delete mine too:
Very good testing this now! Will edit back! OMG THE OLD MEMORIES THANK YOU!!

Lightning_Hunter:
I also forgot to mention that one of the buildings has been replaced.  I will leave a surprise which one. ;)

Delete mine too:

--- Quote from: Lightning_Hunter on July 05, 2016, 09:31:36 PM ---I also forgot to mention that one of the buildings has been replaced.  I will leave a surprise which one. ;)

--- End quote ---
Damn it now i'm playing war2 again :')  Still exploring :)

EviL~Ryu:

--- Quote from: tupac on July 05, 2016, 09:47:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lightning_Hunter on July 05, 2016, 09:31:36 PM ---I also forgot to mention that one of the buildings has been replaced.  I will leave a surprise which one. ;)

--- End quote ---
Damn it now i'm playing war2 again :')  Still exploring :)

--- End quote ---

You never left.... [emoji54][emoji14][emoji847][emoji868]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version